Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Glenne Headly, Dead at 63

Default Glenne Headly, Dead at 63

Glenne Headly, 'Dick Tracy' Actress, Dead at 63

Veteran of stage, film and television also starred in 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' and 'Mr. Holland's Opus'

Glenne Headly, star of films like Dick Tracy, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Mr. Holland's Opus, died Thursday night at the age of 63. No cause of death was provided.

Headley's representative confirmed the actress' death to Deadline. "It is with deep sorrow that we confirm the passing of Glenne Headly," the rep said. "We ask that her family's privacy be respected in this difficult time."

At the time of her death, Headly was co-starring alongside Josh Hutcherson and Ed Begley Jr. in the Seth Rogen-produced Hulu comedy series Future Man. The show was reportedly still in production at the time of Headly's death.

An early member of the renowned Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago where she acted alongside her then-husband John Malkovich Headly first appeared on the big screen with small roles in films like Fandango, Seize the Day and Woody Allen's The Purple Rose of Cairo.

Her breakthrough part arrived in 1988 with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, where the actress deftly traded comedic jabs with Steve Martin and Michael Caine. Two years later, Headly co-starred as Warren Beatty's love interest Tess Trueheart in the director's vibrant big screen adaptation of Dick Tracy.

Other notable roles included the wife of Richard Dreyfuss' music teacher title character in Mr. Holland's Opus, as well as Mortal Thoughts, 2 Days in the Valley, Sgt. Bilko and, most recently, The Circle starring Emma Watson and Tom Hanks.

Headly was also a veteran of television series like ER, Monk and HBO's The Night Of. Two of her TV roles on 1989's Lonesome Dove and 1996's Bastard Out of Carolina resulted in Emmy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie.

Glenne Headly, 'Dick Tracy' Actress, Dead at 63 - Rolling Stone

It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wow. That's random. I don't think I've seen her in anything in years, but I always liked her. That voice. Unmistakable. The last thing I remember is she played the Captain's wife on Monk.

RIP.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The other movie I remember in was "Mortal Thoughts" with Demi Moore and Bruce Willis.

Some other interesting trivia about her:

Member of Mensa
    Married to John Malkovich for 8 years
    Married to second husband from 1993 til her death

Had to google to see who she is. Was shocked. Not her!

...so sad, my condolences to her family, friends and fans

No! So young! Wow. Totally out of left field. R.I.P.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I loved her in "Lonesome Dove". She played that pregnant woman who left her husband to go find her former lover who was in jail and ended up getting scalped by the Comanches.
    Bombshell likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Nooooo!

She made an impression on me in Law & Order: Special Victims as the children's rights attorney. I loved her voice. As for being married to Malkovich, she should have gotten some sort of medal for that; I hear he's insufferable.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    She made an impression on me in Law & Order: Special Victims as the children's rights attorney. I loved her voice. As for being married to Malkovich, she should have gotten some sort of medal for that; I hear he's insufferable.
    Oh yeah! I loved her in that episode. Wasn't she on "ER" in the first season too?
    eva and BITTER like this.

^^^I'm not sure. But she was a good actress. I didn't even know that she was sick.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Mrs P and holly like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I think John Malkovich's exes are allowed to go to VA Posts and drink for free so that they can share war stories with the other veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think John Malkovich's exes are allowed to go to VA Posts and drink for free so that they can share war stories with the other veterans.
    I believe it. We used to have a guy here in Philly, Steve Friedman, who hosted a radio talk show as "Mr. Movie". He was funny and pulled no punches talking about actors whose personalities grated against him. He saved his vitriol for Kate Mulgrew and John Malkovich, whom he thought was ugly "inside and out". He disliked Mulgrew because of her behavior towards him during an interview he did for a NYC theatre column.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Oh yeah! I loved her in that episode. Wasn't she on "ER" in the first season too?
    It was season 3 . She played Dr Abby Keaton (a pediatric surgeon) , the only woman Carter ever had romantic chemistry with .
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information