Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Tiger Woods is arrested for DUI at 3am in Florida

Default Tiger Woods is arrested for DUI at 3am in Florida

Tiger Woods is arrested for 3am DUI in Florida

• The 41-year-old golfer was arrested for DUI around 3am in Jupiter, Florida on Monday
    • Police have not specified whether he was driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both
    • This isn't the first time that Woods has been caught driving under the influence
    • After news broke of an extra-marital affair in November 2009, Woods left home after taking an Ambien and crashed his SUV into a fire hydrant and a tree
    • He wasn't charged with DUI in that case though
    • Woods has been out of the game due to a back injury, but had surgery in April
    • He said in a statement last week that he intends to return to competition in about two-and-a-half to three months

By Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com
    PUBLISHED: 16:26, 29 May 2017 | UPDATED: 18:03, 29 May 2017

+6

Tiger Woods was arrested on Monday in Jupiter, Florida on a charge of DUI. He's pictured above in his mugshot

Tiger Woods was arrested on Monday in Florida on a charge of driving under the influence, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
    The 41-year-old golfer was arrested around 3am on Military Trail, south of Indian Creek Parkway in Jupiter.
    Arrest information shows Woods was booked into jail at 7:18am and then released on his own recognizance at 10:50am.
    He faces a charge of driving under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. Police have yet to specify which, if not both. Florida's legal limit for blood alcohol is .08.
    Woods lives in the elite enclave of Jupiter Island, but was driving southbound, away from his home at the time.
    TMZ reports that Woods was driving a 2015 Mercedes. Cops originally planned to tow the vehicle before a friend of Woods retrieve the vehicle.
    This is the second time that Woods has been caught driving under the influence.
    In November 2009, two days after the National Enquirer broke the story that Woods had been cheating on his then-wife Elin Nordegren with a New York City nightclub manager, Woods left home after taking an Ambien and crashed his Cadillac Escalade into a fire hydrant, a tree and several hedges. However, he wasn't charged in that incident.
    Following that incident, several other women came forward, saying they too had affairs with the professional golfer - tarnishing his previously pristine image.
    A month later, he entered a 45-day therapy program and apologized for his actions, saying 'I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to'.

+6

The former world number one has been out of the game thanks to a back injury. But he had surgery in April and has pledged to return to the sport. Pictured above at the Farmers Insurance Open in La Jolla, California on January 26, 2017

+6

Woods was arrested in Jupiter, Florida around 3am - not far from his mansion in the elite enclave of Jupiter Island

Woods and Nordegren divorced a little less than a year later, in August 2010. The former couple have two kids together - a daughter named Sam, born in 2007, and a son named Charlie, born in 2009.
    Since the scandal, Woods' career has been in a free fall as he's failed to remain a major competitor and advertisers have stopped sponsoring him.

The 14-time major winner has dropped to 876th in the world rankings after years of injury problems and has not played in any of the major tournaments for the past two years.
    But he had fusion surgery to address the issue in April and said last week that he hasn't 'felt this good in years'.

+6

Woods' Escalade pictured above after he crashed it into a fire hydrant in 2009, while under the influence of Ambien

'My surgeon and physiotherapist say the operation was successful.
    'It's just a matter of not screwing up and letting it fuse. I'm walking and doing my exercises, and taking my kids to and from school. All I can do is take it day by day. There's no hurry.
    'But, I want to say unequivocally, I want to play professional golf again.
    'Presently, I'm not looking ahead. I can't twist for another two and a half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-term goals,' he said in a statement on his website on Thursday.
    Woods was reported to be worth $740million by Forbes in 2016, making $100million annually during his peak in the late 2000s and has earned a reported $1.4billion in prize money and endorsements since his career began.

Read more: Tiger Woods arrested for DUI | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Attractive mug shot.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Whoa.

He does not look well.
    (Not just because it's a mug shot - the vibe he's giving off in that photo is a tad... disturbing).
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

He must have been on something else besides alcohol. He looks fuuucked up.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

So he hasn't changed his ways then.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It's hard being an adulterous, pro golfer. All that traveling and mingling with the golf groupies takes a toll, not to mention playing on the best courses. It's a tough, stressful life, so it's no wonder he's a drunk or a pill popper.
    Annika, Mivvi21 and needmeds like this.
    Piss off!

He's a mess. That's a scary mugshot!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    He must have been on something else besides alcohol. He looks fuuucked up.
    I wonder if he's still a fan of taking Ambien. He looks seriously fucked up. This is not just from booze.
    Annika and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

he looks strung out AF and a tad yellowish. unless that's just the lighting.

i remember the 'freak show' season of american horror story took place in jupiter, florida. freak show indeed.

Probably just the lighting.

His mug shot is quite versatile looking. You could put that picture with a "Man arrested for masturbating in Denny's" headline, and it would be totally plausible.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I haven't seen him without a hat on lately. He looks completely different w/o the hat and the great big toothy smile he usually has.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Rox View Post
    I wonder if he's still a fan of taking Ambien. He looks seriously fucked up. This is not just from booze.
    I do not understand why people take Ambien to get high. That stuff knocks me out cold. It's like saying "C'mon, let's take 6 melatonin tabs, and do some shots." I know they aren't the same, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I am always use to seeing him with a hat too. He's looking ruff. Not rough, ruff.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I find child prodigies and their hungry parents fascinating. Tiger's fall from the pinnacle of his career is a movie of the week I would watch.

I must say, he looks creepy as hell in his mugshot.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Tiger Woods Releases Statement After DUI Arrest: 'What Happened Was an Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications'Tiger Woods is speaking out following his shocking arrest early Monday in Florida.
    “I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved,” Woods, 41, said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE. “What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly,” Woods’ statement continued.
    “I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again. I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office for their professionalism,” the statement concluded.

Woods was taken into custody at around 3 a.m. in Jupiter along Military Trail, south of Indian Creek Parkway, a Jupiter Police Department spokeswoman told PEOPLE.
    He was charged with a DUI and released on his own recognizance at 10:50 a.m., according to booking records.
    This is not the first time Woods has made it into headlines for something other than his backswing. In 2009, a high-profile sex scandal linked Woods to dozens of women while he was married to then-wife Elin Nordegren.

In the years that followed, a series of injuries rattled the athlete’s golf career. In fact, Woods underwent fusion surgery on his back in April — his fourth on his back since spring 2014, ESPN reports.
    In a blog post on his website last week — his first since the surgery — Woods wrote that he wants to play professional golf again, but noted that the road back to the green would be a long one.
    “Presently, I’m not looking ahead,” he wrote. “I can’t twist for another two and a half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-term goals.”
    In January, Woods missed the cut at the Farmers Insurance Open, ESPN reports. He withdrew from February’s Dubai Desert Classic with back spasms, marking an early end to his season, USA Today reports.
    Before then, Woods sat out all of the 2016 season while recovering from a pair of back surgeries, according to the Boston Globe.

Give me a fucking break!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information