Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Chris Pratt: ĎThe average blue-collar Americaní isnít represented in Hollywood

Default Chris Pratt: ĎThe average blue-collar Americaní isnít represented in Hollywood

Chris Pratt: ĎThe average blue-collar Americaní isnít represented in Hollywood

Chris Pratt covers the new issue of Menís Fitness, although I wouldnít be surprised if you did not recognize him on this cover. Is it just me or did they morph Prattís face with, like, Tom Bradyís face? Itís weird. Maybe everybody just looks different mid-jump. Pratt is currently promoting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and much like his promotional tour last year for Passengers, Pratt is leaning in hard to his image as Mr. All-American, the down-to-earth movie star who relates to everybody. Prattís image is all about apple pie, patriotism, Git ĎEr Done, NASCAR, blue-collar America. Which means that he finds himself in tricky situations when heís asked about anything involving blue-collar America. Some highlights:
    He rarely sees his blue-collar upbringing represented on-screen: ďI donít see personal stories that necessarily resonate with me, because theyíre not my stories. I think thereís room for me to tell mine, and probably an audience that would be hungry for them. The voice of the average, blue-collar American isnít necessarily represented in Hollywood.Ē

On the polarized politics today: ďI really feel thereís common ground out there thatís missed because we focus on the things that separate us. Youíre either the red state or the blue state, the left or the right. Not everything is politics. And maybe thatís something Iíd want to help bridge, because I donít feel represented by either side.Ē

A script about his life: ďI have a script I wrote thatís very personal about my life, that Iíve written almost more as an acting exercise than something Iíd produce. But I think if I finish my career without ever having starred in something that I wrote and directed, Iíll feel some regret about that. Maybe thatís what Iíd want to try to express in my work if I were to write and create something, because itís a damn shame. I donít feel we have to be at war with each other like we are, and itís just getting worse.Ē

He relates to everybody: ďI do feel like I relate to everybody Ė to the struggles of people both out here and where I grew up. I feel like I could have a beer or a meal with just about anyone and find something to relate to.Ē

Cele|bitchy | escapism can be smart

"T„o estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguťm suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I actually agree with the prat. Since the Roseanne era I can't think of really any true blue-collar type shows.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He's got clout now. He could make something.

I wonder if his script about his life mentions his discarded animals?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

“I really feel there’s common ground out there that’s missed because we focus on the things that separate us.
    Like racism, xenophobia, misogyny, and anti-intellectualism? I'm quite pleased to be separated from those things, and you can fuck clean off if you think I need to find common ground with people who support them.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I actually agree with the prat. Since the Roseanne era I can't think of really any true blue-collar type shows.
    This was the first thing I thought too. Maybe King of Queens could be close, but that was still an eon ago.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

A friend of mine recently showed me this Chris Pratt Parks & Rec Blooper compilation and now whenever I read/hear his name or see a photoshoot of his, I think of the first scene of this compilation - and his genius joke at the very end (of the video)...

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Syd

He looks super hot on that cover.

Animal-abusing, Republican piece of shit. I wonder if the script is about a dude that compulsively cheats on and beats his wife (as Pratt has been rumoured to do to Anna Faris)?
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I don't know if it's considered blue collar or not, but I am all about that show, The Middle. It is my family to a tee.

I'd say they were blue collar. They're hilarious.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

If Pratt calls himself stupid, who am I to argue?

chris pratt‏Verificeret konto @prattprattpratt chris pratt har retweetet Marie Claire

That was actually a pretty stupid thing to say. I'll own that. There's a ton of movies about blue collar America.
    dowcat likes this.

Sorry, Chris Pratt Fans, But He Won’t Take A Picture With You

April 26, 2017 / Posted by: Allison

68 Reactions

Chris Pratt is the goofy doofus holy grail for some celebrity selfie enthusiasts, but sadly they will never get the chance to add such a picture to their collection. Much like Justin Bieber and Emma Watson, Chris Pratt has no interest in taking pictures with fans. It’s not so much about privacy or spiritual emptiness; Chris Pratt told Cigar Aficionado (via People) that he’s too busy for it. He also doesn’t want people bragging about taking a picture with Andy from Parks and Rec.

“I’ve always been a pretty deferential, go-with-the-flow guy. But now I have to be economical with my time. If I go out and want to do normal things, I have to be comfortable disappointing people. So I just don’t take pictures with people. Because that’s not about enjoying the moment; it’s about stealing the moment to brag about later.” Now, when he’s asked to take a picture in public, he responds, ‘Would you settle for a handshake?’ And then they take the picture anyway.”
    Of course they’d turn down a handshake. Unless it comes with a lasting skin disease, there’s no proof of meeting, and that’s worthless for brag points.

I’m still a little shocked that Chris Pratt is so strict with his picture policy. You’d think that a member of such a tragically under-represented demographic would happily increase their visibility by taking as many fan selfies as possible. If not you, Chris, then who?

In case you’re not yet tired of seeing Chris Pratt in a suit, here he is with Anna Faris at the London premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on Monday night.

Pics: Wenn.com
    Tags: Anna Faris, Chris Pratt

Dlisted | Sorry, Chris Pratt Fans, But He Won?t Take A Picture With You

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'll take this guy any day over you Twat.

I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I don't know if it's considered blue collar or not, but I am all about that show, The Middle. It is my family to a tee.
    True. The Middle is a very underrated show, and in my opinion, is way better than Modern Family. My oldest son thinks he's Axel. And he's not that far off.
    Waterslide and Sassiness like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

For some reason, when I read about Emma Watson doing this (turning down photos with fans) I agree with her point(s).

But, when I read about Pratt doing this, I think: "I don't want to get caught cheating (on my wife by announcing my whereabouts/getting tagged at a place my wife doesn't know I am)."

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information