• 6 Post By MsDark
  • 4 Post By tulip
  • 2 Post By BrickHouse
  • 1 Post By holly
  • 2 Post By SoCalMarie
  • 2 Post By stella blue

Thread: Tracy Anderson Offers Advice for Teens in New Book

Default Tracy Anderson Offers Advice for Teens in New Book

Why she wrote her book, Total Teen: Tracy Anderson’s Guide to Health, Happiness, and Ruling Your World: “After spending almost 20 focused years helping people find comfort in their own skin, I saw a huge preventative opportunity to make sure teen girls never lose their connection to being themselves and having to find it again. It’s hard for teens to show up for their health correctly when we live in such a trendy world.”
    Don’t try to look like the celebrities Tracy trains: “Slow down the noise in your head. It’s all a vicious cycle of some editor sitting up in some tower airbrushing people to look like something dreamy. The issue is that teens need to understand that this falls into entertainment and art. It isn’t real. When you can take a deep breath and recognize a human form that has been turned into art, versus the true natural beauty of the incredible human you are, you can come to appreciate your own physical self. It would be so boring if we were all the same. Knowing that you are enough and you are who you are meant to be can really calm the noise.”
    She gained weight one time and it was horrible: “At 19, I gained almost 40 lbs. at school. There wasn’t a support system for me to learn what could be happening or identify and heal this imbalance in a healthy way. I felt awkward and ashamed going to class. I felt like I was failing unintentionally, and it ultimately made me feel like the roadblock was too big for me to live my passion successfully and in a healthy way.”
    Feeling comfortable in your own body: “I feel like this is truly key. There is so much noise about what is ‘pretty’ or ‘healthy’ or ‘sexy’ or ‘trendy’ with our physical bodies that people don’t even know how to own their own body or assess what they even want.”
    [From People]

Cele|bitchy | Tracy Anderson wrote a body-shaming book aimed at teenage girls

She's so boring. If I see "noise" in two paragraphs, how much more repetition is there in the book?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wouldn't take advice from her. She is friends with Gwendodobird Paltrow
    idunno likes this.

Isn't she known to be a huge bulimic? I wouldn't trust her to give teens health advice.
    idunno, holly, kasippu and 1 others like this.

JUST who we need guiding young minds regarding self confidence and body image.

Edited to make it very clear that ^^^ was sarcasm.
    idunno and BrickHouse like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

It’s hard for teens to show up for their health correctly when we live in such a trendy world.”
    I think I need a translator because I don't even understand that sentence.
    idunno, holly, czb and 5 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Girls... If you want to know how to develop osteoporosis before age 40 this lady is your man.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Girls... If you want to know how to develop osteoporosis before age 40 this lady is your man.
    That made me lol from start to finish.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

She gained weight one time and it was horrible... ok, that's a great message to send as well. We all gain weight...usually more than once, and guess what? The world doesn't end. Be it 1 pound or 40, you deal.

She is the last person I would ever want giving advice to impressionable teens about health.
    MsDark, holly, Waterslide and 1 others like this.

She needs to stick to "training" Hollywood celebrities. She sounds completely disconnected from any other reality. And if these four paragraphs are any indication of where her head is in regard to teen girls, then her advice isn't just unrealistic, it's also insulting. Many teen girls aren't as interested in what's "trendy" as they are in performance at their chosen sport or in reaching their broader goals. And what's up with that cover photo? It makes her look weak and malnourished.
    Waterslide and rollo like this.

She contradicts herself by saying to be comfortable in your own skin, then says how it was ashamed she was for gaining weight, & then reverts back to saying to "own" your body.
    She's a fucking fruit loop trying to make a buck. She can't even give consistent advice, & she certainly doesn't practice what she's preaching here.

I thought Goopy & her had a falling out a while back? Or am I imagining that?
    Waterslide likes this.

It’s all a vicious cycle of some editor sitting up in some tower airbrushing people to look like something dreamy. The issue is that teens need to understand that this falls into entertainment and art. It isn’t real. When you can take a deep breath and recognize a human form that has been turned into art, versus the true natural beauty of the incredible human you are, you can come to appreciate your own physical self.

Um... What?

Well, she speaks like a teen so, there's that...
    Waterslide and kasippu like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Be comfortable in your own skin. Unless you gain 40 pounds, and then you should fuck off and die if you can't develop a good enough eating disorder to take care of it.
    idunno and Kittylady like this.

Gold Member

All I can see is how they made one of her thumbs look long and they forgot about the other toe thumb.

Thread Information