Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Eliza Dushku: 'I知 an alcoholic and I was a drug addict for a lot of years'

Default Eliza Dushku: 'I知 an alcoholic and I was a drug addict for a lot of years'

Eliza Dushku opened up about her secret battle with alcoholism and drug addiction while speaking at the New Hampshire Youth Summit on Opioid Awareness in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Tuesday, March 7.

鉄omething a lot of people don稚 know about me is that I知 an alcoholic and I was a drug addict for a lot of years, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum, 36, told thousands of students during her speech. 的知 always going to be that, but the difference between me and an alcoholic or a drug addict that still drinks and does drugs is that I知 sober. I don稚 drink and I don稚 do drugs anymore.
    的 got sober for my family, she said. 釘ut today, I知 sober for me, and I知 sober for you. Because drugs and alcohol are powerful, but we are more powerful.
    Dushku revealed that she痴 been sober for eight-and-a-half years and that she first dabbled with marijuana at the age of 14. 的 loved the first time I took a drug because I loved the way it made me feel. I loved the way it made me not feel I didn稚 have to feel, she explained. 的t was fun and I loved it until it wasn稚. Drugs didn稚 love me. They didn稚 love my family. They definitely didn稚 love my friends that died.
    [From Us]

Cele|bitchy | Eliza Dushku: ?I?m an alcoholic and I was a drug addict for a lot of years?
    maryk likes this.

Damn girl, good for you!

dear lord stop lumping weed in with crack or meth.

^Yeah, that's weird that they mention the thing about weed in passing, but never really say what drug she was really addicted to. I don't even know that they should be lumping in opioids with weed.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've known people who could be supposed to be addicted to weed. The ones that worked spark it up as soon as they walk through their front door, others smoke it all day long the same way anyone else would smoke cigarettes and are so used to it that they come across as totally straight rather than stoned. If you have an addictive personality then anything has the potential become an addiction, be it drugs, alcohol or food.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Syd

I'd have sworn that photo was of Natasha Leggero.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She married Rick Fox, Vanessa Williams ex-husband

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    She married Rick Fox, Vanessa Williams ex-husband
    They dated for a long time (5 years) and are no longer together. Never married.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Congrats to her, but she is turning into Michael Jackson.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    They dated for a long time (5 years) and are no longer together. Never married.
    I knew they were together for a long time & always thought they got married. Thought I saw a ring on her ring finger on tv one time

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    dear lord stop lumping weed in with crack or meth.
    It's not called a gateway drug for nothing, plus it can change brain pathology in teenagers, so in some ways it is more dangerous.
    Also there is the whole chicken + egg thing with schizophrenics who also use (does it cause more schizophrenia or are schizophrenics just using more).
    There are also studies shoeing reduction in brain function/size over long term use.

https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar...=1&oi=scholart

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I've known people who could be supposed to be addicted to weed. The ones that worked spark it up as soon as they walk through their front door, others smoke it all day long the same way anyone else would smoke cigarettes and are so used to it that they come across as totally straight rather than stoned. If you have an addictive personality then anything has the potential become an addiction, be it drugs, alcohol or food.
    Ditto.

On a lighter note, she's wearing my scarf...
    LaFolie and Waterslide like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I find marijuana to be better for my disorder than some pharmaceutical medication that requires regular blood work to make sure my kidneys aren't failing and causes me to freaking fall and break a tooth. I'll choose a bowl over multiple pills any day.
    Waterslide, I'mNotBitter and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    It's not called a gateway drug for nothing, plus it can change brain pathology in teenagers, so in some ways it is more dangerous.
    Also there is the whole chicken + egg thing with schizophrenics who also use (does it cause more schizophrenia or are schizophrenics just using more).
    There are also studies shoeing reduction in brain function/size over long term use.

https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar...=1&oi=scholart

Ditto.

On a lighter note, she's wearing my scarf...
    I agree and do think people can get addicted to marijuana, just like they can get addicted to Coke (the stuff that comes out of the red can), or just about anything else. I just don't think it's as automatically addictive as certain other drugs, including some of the ones that doctors give out like candy. And it probably depends on the person, too. I'm not discounting that she was addicted to pot, and sometimes it's a combination of things (pot and alcohol), not one without the other. Somebody that I used to know had easy and cheap access to just about any drug under the sun, but he just preferred being a nasty drunk, and he was really good at it. Everybody has an escape of choice, and any of them can ruin you.

While I am on the side that thinks pot should be legalized, I don't think that it's this perfect drug that has no side effects, like most of its biggest fans claim. I especially hate those memes you see on facebook about how people have died from drunk driving, but "no one" has "EVER" died as a result of marijuana use. I'm sure there are better, more logical ways to make a point, just not on facebook, I guess.

PS. I love that scarf!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I find marijuana to be better for my disorder than some pharmaceutical medication that requires regular blood work to make sure my kidneys aren't failing and causes me to freaking fall and break a tooth. I'll choose a bowl over multiple pills any day.
    Which is why marijuana should be a choice for people. What works for one person, doesn't always work for someone else.

When they legalized medical use marijuana in my state, I asked my doctor about it and he wouldn't write any prescriptions for it for anyone because he thought every drug addict on the planet would be knocking down his door for a script and also because, he felt there was no way so far, scientifically, to measure it in doses. It was interesting to hear his side of the debate, but I'm not sure that I agree in a lot of cases (cancer patients, chronic pain, etc.).
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    And I completely understand that!
    Some of the meds for bipolar are heinous.

I just, as Waterslide mentioned, do not think that cannabis is this wonderful panacea that some tote it to be
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

She legit.... Looks like Michael Jackson #wrong.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information