Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Bijou Phillips rushed to hospital; in desperate need of kidney transplant

Default Bijou Phillips rushed to hospital; in desperate need of kidney transplant

Bijou Phillips Rushed to Hospital Needs Kidney Transplant

2/16/2017 9:38 AM PST

2:30 PM PT -- Bijou's rep, Jenni Weinman, tells us, "Bijou was born with small kidneys and has been quietly dealing with kidney disease for the last 5 years, including being on the transplant list. In an effort to heal her body she has led a stress free life with a vegan diet which eventually wasn't enough and she's been privately having dialysis."

She adds, "Bijou recently found out she has a friend that is a match and is optimistic she will have a transplant soon."

UPDATE:

Bijou Phillips desperately needs a kidney transplant after suffering a blood infection ... TMZ has learned.

The 36-year-old actress and socialite was rushed to a Santa Barbara hospital Wednesday night. Her husband, Danny Masterson, was by her side at the hospital. Sources tell us Bijou had been feeling sick and her fever spiked ... prompting the hospitalization.

We're told she's been getting treatment for an ongoing illness.

She's currently in stable condition, but we're told she will need a kidney transplant.
    Bijou Phillips Rushed to Hospital, Needs Kidney Transplant | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I hate what Scientology has done to me because my first thought was 'was she trying to leave the church'.

but.... its only a state of mind. you dont need kidneys.
    Wisher2, Mrs P, Kittylady and 5 others like this.

I could so see Scientology being an asstwat and saying she hasn't been in for clearing sessions and this is the result. Those damn aliens and Xenu are now bursting through her kidneys!
    Wisher2 and holly like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I hate what Scientology has done to me because my first thought was 'was she trying to leave the church'.
    My first thought was "that's what happens when you do the Purification Rundown". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purification_Rundown for anyone not familiar with it)

My second thought was "I wonder how long it will take for Michelle to blame Mackenzie for this".
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Better call Xenu.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Hell I wonder if it isn't a break with the church for her to seek treatment as nuts as those people are. She had a baby several years ago and I'm sure that didn't help her kidney situation.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This is sad for anybody, but she is way too young for this. I forgot all about the Scientology connection until I saw Danny Masterson's name (and I'm super out of the loop, because I also didn't remember they got married), so my first thought was to wonder whether she was born with small kidneys due to her mom's drug/alcohol use. I don't know much about the mom, but given the situation, I assume...

I also think it's interesting that she was drawn to Scientology after having such an asshole for a Dad and all the other assholes that probably surrounded her growing up. I thought Dakata Johnson also was dating someone in Scientology for a while and I was thinking about her parents (and herself) being addicts. What if after growing up in Hollywood, with abusive and/or addict parents, Scientology seems like the safe route in life?

I would never have recognized that picture of her either.
    Last edited by Waterslide; February 17th, 2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: forgetting my words
    Bluebonnet and Wisher2 like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

^She reminds me of one of the Judd sisters in that picture.
    Sylkyn likes this.

My first thought was, "oh well". I remembered her from the Paris Hilton decade and she she came off as a boozing, druggie, obnoxious snot. She might have grown up over the years but, meh. Secondly, should you be on a vegan diet with kidney disease.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    My first thought was, "oh well". I remembered her from the Paris Hilton decade and she she came off as a boozing, druggie, obnoxious snot. She might have grown up over the years but, meh. Secondly, should you be on a vegan diet with kidney disease.
    Yeah, most of my memories of her are exactly the same as yours, but in light of all the Mackenzie Philips stuff that's come out, I thought I'd give her a break because I don't know what kind of screwed up hell she had as a kid. I mean, at least she had some excuse for being fucked in the head. Probably. Not that it condones being an asshole...Or hanging out with Paris Hilton. Not everything is forgivable. lol

I also wondered about the vegan diet, but then I have no idea. I know some people who are the pickiest fucking eaters (/pet peeve) who have some pretty serious health issues who are raw vegan, and I'm like...OK. It's your body. I may not be secretly judging, but I'm secretly questioning it.
    Sassiness likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

I'm secretly judging. And my side eye is kind of bad at not giving that away. Maybe not her, as I have no idea about kidney disease but vegans in general...yes.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm secretly judging. And my side eye is kind of bad at not giving that away. Maybe not her, as I have no idea about kidney disease but vegans in general...yes.
    If I'm going to be honest, me too. I align with the Anthony Bourdain school of thought regarding veganism in general, but I also struggle with trying not to make enemies. And the struggle is real. IRL I sometimes have to cover my mouth with my hand, literally, so I don't say what I'm really thinking. Case in point, I don't give a fuck what people eat, but when someone gives me their long, sordid medical history and they're dealing with things that could land them on a transplant list, and then proceeds to brag about becoming vegan (term used loosely), I'm kind of perplexed by that choice, especially since they are willing to eat about ten food items total on the planet, and have a number of food intolerances and allergies, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out for them. Maybe I'll save that story for the pet peeves thread.
    ~Manx Mouse

Meat has protein, the kidneys have to filter out more waste when protein intake is high, which puts more strain on them when they are already compromised. As for vegans, I greatly admire them for being able to live that lifestyle, but I don't like holier than thou vegans who lecture and sermonize. One of my friends is vegan and she often gives me tasty t&t vegan recipes, without being preachy. On a side note, I detest anthony bordain, he's an asshole. And you couldn't pay me to eat what he cooks after I saw him drip sweat into the food on one of his cooking shows, ewwww and blech.
    Waterslide, Lalasnake and schism like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Meat has protein, the kidneys have to filter out more waste when protein intake is high, which puts more strain on them when they are already compromised. As for vegans, I greatly admire them for being able to live that lifestyle, but I don't like holier than thou vegans who lecture and sermonize. One of my friends is vegan and she often gives me tasty t&t vegan recipes, without being preachy. On a side note, I detest anthony bordain, he's an asshole. And you couldn't pay me to eat what he cooks after I saw him drip sweat into the food on one of his cooking shows, ewwww and blech.
    More Bourdain for sputnik and me!

It would make sense to cut back on protein if you have kidney disease. My issue specifically regarding what we're talking about in this thread is that I eat more "vegan" (100% plant based) food via my normal diet than most people I know who have these great plans to become vegan and try to use it as some sort of magic elixir for their multitude of health problems. That's the part I don't get. Other than a few minor issues here and there, I rarely get sick. But almost every person I know, in my real life, who claims to be vegan, is sick constantly with everything from colds to upper respiratory infections to IBS, and everything in between.

I admire people who don't want animals to suffer and stick to their beliefs. I know for some people being vegan is great and healthy, and that's wonderful, but about 90% of the people I have encountered who are vegan aren't really giving anything up, they're just using it as an excuse to indulge their picky eating tendencies. (And to be fair, I know a lot of picky-eating meat eaters, too.) I know there are vegans at this board and in the world to whom this does not apply, and again, that's great. But like any diet, some people are willing to put more effort into eating well than others.
    weathered1 likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information