• 1 Post By misrule

Thread: Rikki Lake announces death of ex-husband Christian Evans

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Rikki Lake announces death of ex-husband Christian Evans

Cookie Policy Feedback

DailyMail

Wednesday, Feb 15th 2017 9AM 8C 12PM 9C 5-Day Forecast

NEW ARTICLESTop

'Rest in peace, my love': Ricki Lake takes to Instagram to announce death of ex-husband Christian Evans

By PAUL CHAVEZ FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 00:49, 15 February 2017 | UPDATED: 03:46, 15 February 2017

2.1kshares
    56View comments

Ricki Lake took to Instagram on Tuesday to announce the death of her ex-husband and 'soulmate' Christian Evans.
    'It is with a heavy heart that I share that my beloved soulmate, Christian Evans has passed. The world didnt understand this man, but I did. He succumbed to his life long struggle with bipolar disorder,' Lake, 48, wrote in the caption of a photo showing them hugging and smiling at each other.
    'For anyone who has ever lost a family member or friend to mental illness, my heart goes out to you. I am a greater person for having known him and spent the past 6 and a half years of my life with him. He was a man of love and what mends my broken heart today is knowing that he is finally at peace and his spirit is free. Rest in peace, my love,' she added.

No exact cause of death was given.

Lake and jewelry designer Evans started dating in 2010 and married in April 2012. They split in October 2014 as Lake filed for divorce citing 'irreconcilable differences'.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

2.1k shares

The couple announced in December 2014 that their divorce was on hold, but TMZ reported the divorce was finalized in 2015.
    Evans during the divorce proceedings claimed that Lake defrauded him while negotiating their prenuptial agreement and tried to have it set aside.
    Lake was previously married to illustrator-bartender Rob Sussman from 1994 to 2004.
    They have sons Milo, 19, and Owen, 15, together.
    Lake hosted the Ricki Lake talk show for 11 seasons from September 1993 to 2004.

Happier times: Ricki and Christian are shown in January 2011 in the Bahamas

First Look at New Promo for Ricki Lake

Loaded: 0%
    Progress: 0%
    0:00

Previous

Play

Skip

Mute

Current Time0:00

/

Duration Time0:32

Fullscreen

Need Text

She made a cameo in December on NBC's Hairspray Live! after making her film debut playing Tracy Turnblad in the 1988 film version of Hairspray.
    Lake appeared earlier this month as a guest judge on the UK talent show Let It Shine on the BBC.
    She also competed in 2011 on ABC's Dancing With The Stars and finished in third place behind Rob Kardashian and winner J.R. Martinez.

Read more: Ricki Lake reveals death of ex-husband Christian Evans | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Damn, sorry it's such a mess but it won't let me delete it or clean it up by editing.

If any mods can do anything I'd appreciate it.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

That's sad. I wonder why he died.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

OCD

As a fellow bipolar sufferer, I read it as him having had some sort of episode (him saying she defrauded him and wanting a divorce signifies a manic episode possibly), and spiraling down. I'm sure he committed suicide. When bipolar people come out of their mania, and plunge into depression they can clearly see the ruins of their actions. It's excruciating. And depression itself too. Knowing your brain could betray you at anytime is also a horribly scary thing.

You almost always get warning signs, but sometimes its seductive and happens too fast before you or anyone around you realizes the crazy is back. It sucks so much because at least for me it's the pre-manic phase that has been the only normal/happy I've ever known. It makes you really hesitant to blunt it with drugs that will make you dopey, sleepy, and fat. Also a lot of us are drug resistant (they don't work) and they've really only found effective drugs for blunting mania. Depression treatment is utterly lacking. Anyway sorry for the soapbox. I don't talk about it ever with anyone. Not killing myself is a major part of my brain space. You can't really tell people that.
    nwgirl, anna112233, tulip and 14 others like this.

^ I'm in the same boat. Sometimes I want to go off medication for the manic experience because I'm tired of being tired and depressed. I miss being productive. We're talking too tired to freaking shower except once every other week. It affects work too and it's hard to explain when you're down. "Not killing myself is a major part of my brain space. You can't really tell people that." I can relate. My husband wanted a gun for protection for me when he's out of town, but my sister and mother were quick to say no, it's not safe in the house with me.

^I totally feel for you. I'm in the same boat (I can also relate to the shower thing), though my manic episodes are less "spectacular". I couldn't have worded it better than you both.
    mostroop, OCD, Mrs P and 1 others like this.

Bronze Member

Blessings to anyone dealing with mental health issues, you have my sympathy and respect.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

That's so sad.

With my own Bipolar Disorder, I always feel like I lost a "teammate" (for lack of a better phrase) when someone succumbs to their mental illness.

I just lost a friend on the weekend who couldn't get his mental health stable.

Elite Member

OCD, Mrs. P, LaFolie, and dallison -- thank you for sharing. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you. When I hear struggles like yours, it breaks my heart. ((hugs))

I know what you mean, Dallison. I am still close to a group that i was in hospital with, and it feels like we are a team. What you have described is one of my nightmares - because i am so afraid with one friend in particular, it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when'.

My heart goes out to you, and everyone else in this thread. I hope you are travelling ok.

Mental illness is so cruel to everyone involved. I'll hug my prozac a little tighter tonight.
    Wisher2 likes this.

Thread Information