Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Nick Cannon wants out of ‘America’s Got Talent’

fgg

Default Nick Cannon wants out of ‘America’s Got Talent’

Nick Cannon wants out of ‘America’s Got Talent’

Nick Cannon is done with “America’s Got Talent.”

“I wish AGT and NBC the best in its upcoming season but I can not see myself returning,” Cannon, 37, wrote on Facebook Monday. “After days of deliberating over some extremely disappointing news that I was being threatened with termination by executives because of a comedy special that was only intended to bring communities closer together, I was to be punished for a joke.”

The comedian came under fire from network bigwigs over a joke about NBC taking his “black card” on a Showtime special that aired Friday, TMZ reports. NBC ultimately decided to let the remark go, but Cannon reportedly took the threat personally.

“It was brought to my attention by my ‘team’ that NBC believed that I was in breach of contract because I had disparaged their brand,” he wrote.

“Recently many of my mentors have cautioned me that soon ‘The System’ would come down on me because I was speaking too many truths and being [too] loud about it,” he continued. “Not to get too detailed but this isn’t the first time executives have attempted to ‘put me in my place’ for so-called unruly actions … To be publicly reprimanded and ridiculed over a joke about my own race is completely wrong and I have to do something about it.”

Still, Cannon, who’s hosted “AGT” since 2009, admitted that he may well have violated his contract by making the comment in his special.

“I have mulled over my process for days and felt it was best to once again speak my mind about an unjust infrastructure that treat talent like they own them. Maybe it was my mistake for signing the contract in the first place, in which I will take full responsibility and have already taken action to restructure my own team of advisors,” he wrote.

It may be the end of his Hollywood career as a whole … at least for now.

“As of lately I have even questioned if I want to even be a part of an industry who ultimately treats artists in this manner. Most of us don’t realize that there are 6 major corporations that control 90 percent of media in America and the amount of minority executives is dismal. With this being the case, true equality in our industry is impossible.”

Nick Cannon wants out of ?America?s Got Talent? | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Fool, you're getting paid basically to do nothing.
    Trixie, Waterslide, Mrs P and 12 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He talks stupid.
    Janus likes this.

^Pretty sure he is stupid.
    Serendipity likes this.

He and Mariah must have had some fascinating conversations.

Elite Member

I still don't know if Blind Gossip is legit, regardless I enjoy their BI's. There is one on Nick today. He contractually broke the contract and is trying to save face. The hosting gig is easy money and he doesn't want to lose his job.
    Wisher2, Waterslide and Janus like this.

That sounds like Blind Gossip took an obvious situation anyone could figure out, and made up a blind about it after the fact.
    CornFlakegrl, Janus, holly and 1 others like this.

Bronze Member

^ Isn't that what they always do there?
    Beeyotch and Wisher2 like this.

“Recently many of my mentors have cautioned me that soon ‘The System’ would come down on me because I was speaking too many truths and being [too] loud about it,” he continued. “Not to get too detailed but this isn’t the first time executives have attempted to ‘put me in my place’ for so-called unruly actions … To be publicly reprimanded and ridiculed over a joke about my own race is completely wrong and I have to do something about it.”
    Mentally ill and or 100% stupid or a little bit of both? Wasn't he yelling about abortion and eugenics in the airport not too long ago? Is this what happens when you spend too much time with the Hello Kitty Butterfly Princess or was he always like that?
    Janus and Serendipity like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That sounds like Blind Gossip took an obvious situation anyone could figure out, and made up a blind about it after the fact.

Probably.

Their point was that it had nothing to do with "race" and Nick is using that to get the network back in their lane. All to ensure they don't fire him for whatever he said in his stand up routine (which I don't care enough to listen to).

I actually kind of like him on AGT. Silly and inoffensive...he does his job. His corny wisecracks while the acts are performing make me chuckle every now and then. I thought he'd be a bigger star by now. He's done movies and CDs...he seems to have lost that momentum after becoming Mr. Mariah Carey.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I actually kind of like him on AGT. Silly and inoffensive...he does his job. His corny wisecracks while the acts are performing make me chuckle every now and then. I thought he'd be a bigger star by now. He's done movies and CDs...he seems to have lost that momentum after becoming Mr. Mariah Carey.
    I think he does a radio show still??? The guy does not slack from what I've read. He has millions and that was before the Mariah payout.
    BITTER likes this.

fgg

Insiders fear for Nick Cannon’s mental health

Insiders are concerned about Nick Cannon after recent dramatic behavior.

After he suddenly quit his job as host of “America’s Got Talent” via social media this week, we’ve learned Cannon summarily fired his longtime advisers — including ID-PR publicist Alla Plotkin and ICM Partners agent Chris Smith.

Meanwhile, we’re told Cannon has recently “got really into religion,” wears robes and a turban and refers to himself as “Rev. Dr. Cannon.” Apparently he isn’t attached to a specific religion so much as a general spirituality.

The star — who recently spent several weeks in a hospital for complications related to lupus — spent the weekend posting on social media about depression and “pain.”

NBC sources told Page Six that network executives struggled to get in contact with Cannon — the ex-husband of Mariah Carey — after he declared on Facebook Monday, “I cannot see myself returning” to the show because, he claimed, “NBC believed that I was in breach of contract because I had disparaged their brand.”

He’d joked in a Showtime special that the cable network revoked his “black card” by expecting his comedy routine to be palatable to white audiences.

Cannon’s manager didn’t get back to us.

Insiders fear for Nick Cannon?s mental health | Page Six
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm a complete outsider from fucking Germany and even I fear for his mental health - ever since he married Moomoo!

I remember his few serious medical scares and he's really not that old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information