Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Tara Palmer Tomkinson Dead at 45

Default Tara Palmer Tomkinson Dead at 45

Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead

\

Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson has been found dead aged 45.

The former Sunday Times columnist, reality TV star, and goddaughter of Prince Charles had received treatment in 2016 for a non-malignant brain tumour.

Officers were called to her flat in Bramham Gardens, South Kensington, at 13:40 GMT. A woman in her 40s was found dead at the scene, the Met Police said.

The death is being treated as unexplained.

Palmer-Tomkinson rose to fame in the 1990s as a hard-partying "it girl", putting her names to several columns chronicling her glamorous lifestyle.

She was diagnosed with the tumour last January after returning from a skiing trip, and hit back at critics who blamed her frail health on her well-documented cocaine addiction.

She was a close friend of Prince Charles, and attended the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall led tributes to Palmer-Tomkinson, and said they were "deeply saddened", by her death.

Former Daily Mirror editor and US TV host Piers Morgan paid tribute in a tweet that read: "RIP Tara Palmer Tomkinson, 45. A fun, feisty woman who battled many demons. Very sad news."

Later in her career she appeared on reality TV series I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! in 2002, as well as several other TV shows.

Her father Charles was a former Olympic skier who taught Prince Charles.

The family was skiing with the Prince in the Alps in 1988 when they were hit by an avalanche that killed one member of their party, Major Hugh Lindsay, and left Palmer Tomkinson's mother Patti with serious leg injuries.

Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - BBC News

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm glad I don't know Piers Morgan. What a crappy "tribute".

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

This is sad. She always seemed a fun, likable person.

Oh shit, poor gal.

Damn far too young.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm guessing that the tumour grew? Poor lass, and her poor family.
    Free Charmed.

^ Or maybe a heart attack. Or overdose. Her death is being treated as unexplained, which made me think maybe it wasn't to do with the tumour. Maybe that's just what they'd say though anyway.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Bronze Member

Aw, crap. Far too young.

I feel sorry for her. She had it all though.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I read earlier she may have checked out intentionally, because her illness was getting worse.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, no one will ever be able to say she didn't live life to the fullest because old girl crammed a lot of living into her 45 years.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I read earlier she may have checked out intentionally, because her illness was getting worse.
    Can't say I would blame her.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Wow, I just saw this and it actually surprised me, even knowing she had been ill, etc. Too young and very sad. RIP
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

‘My darling sister. I miss you’: Heartbreaking tweet as it’s revealed Tara Palmer-Tomkinson was 'last seen with a mystery new boyfriend' on Saturday - four days before cleaner found her dead amid claims she had 'relapsed'

• Tara Palmer-Tomkinson was found dead in her West London flat by her Portuguese cleaner yesterday
    • Comes as a friend appeared on This Morning to claim she had relapsed 'back into a dark place'
    • Officers say her death is not being treated as suspicious but, at an early stage, is still 'unexplained'
    • Socialite and model told last year that she had been battling a brain tumour following bombshell diagnosis
    • Was also suffering from a rare auto-immune disease which attacks white blood cells called neutrophils
    • Workmen in her building said they had not seen her since hearing 'very loud bang' from her flat last Friday
    • Sources also suggested she may have 'relapsed' into drug use following a party in London before Christmas

By Keiligh Baker and Richard Spillett for MailOnline
    PUBLISHED: 10:28, 9 February 2017 | UPDATED: 18:38, 9 February 2017

1kshares
    View comments

The older sister of Tara Palmer-Tomkinson has posted a 'heartbreaking' tribute to her sibling on Twitter a day after the 45-year-old was found dead at her London flat.
    Author Santa Montefiore, 47, uploaded a black and white photograph of Tara on Twitter, and wrote: 'My darling sister. I miss you,' alongside an emoji of a broken heart.
    It comes after it was claimed Tara was last seen with a mystery new boyfriend at her local pub on Saturday - just four days before a cleaner found her dead in her 1.6million home.
    The socialite's body was discovered at her luxury west London apartment by her cleaner, as a close friend revealed that she had relapsed into 'a dark place' in the weeks before her death.
    The Portuguese cleaner, who is in her 30s, arrived at the socialite's west London flat at around 1.30pm on Wednesday and was heard crying by builders renovating the apartment below.
    Minutes later an ambulance arrived with several paramedics, followed by three police cars. Undertakers took the former model's body away yesterday evening.
    It later emerged that builders had heard a 'loud bang' coming from the apartment last Friday and had not seen her since, but this afternoon the barman at her local pub, The Bottlery, confirmed he saw her on Saturday.
    The revelation comes as a friend appeared on This Morning to claim the socialite had relapsed 'into a dark place'.

Read more: Tara Palmer-Tomkinson was found dead by her cleaner | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

aw, poor tara.
    can't say i'm surprised though. because of the drug problems and also her recent health problems. i wouldn't be surprised if it were suicide, an OD or her heart giving out from everything her body was put through in her short life.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information