Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Madonna Granted Permission to Adopt Twin Girls from Malawi

Default Madonna Granted Permission to Adopt Twin Girls from Malawi

Madonna Granted Permission to Adopt Twin Girls from Malawi (Report)

Despite reports that Madonna was actually not pursuing another adoption in Malawi, she appeared in court today and was reportedly given permission to adopt twin girls from the African country.
    “Today the High Court made a ruling that she should go ahead and adopt the two children,” Mlenga Mvula, a spokesman for Malawi’s judiciary, told Reuters. “Within a year she should provide us with a home survey report which the court has ordered her to provide.”
    Mlenga added that Madonna was smiling when the ruling came through.
    Madonna has four children: Lourdes Leon, 20, Rocco Ritchie, 16, David Banda, 11, and Mercy James, 11. David and Mercy are from Malawi.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Good grief. Does it make her feel young again handing them over to the nannies?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Good grief. Does it make her feel young again handing them over to the nannies?
    No, it's the photo-op with an infant that makes her feel young, as opposed to a photo-op with a teenager.

Well that's what I meant. Hauling them out for photo ops when she is in her 70s before they turn against her like Rocco. How pathetic.
    holly, cheray, Kittylady and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Just stop already you old hag. She goes in pays people off and gets kids. Meanwhile, other families trying to adopt have to follow rigid guidelines, be vetted, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Well that's what I meant. Hauling them out for photo ops when she is in her 70s before they turn against her like Rocco. How pathetic.

Why complain? These children will have every advantage in the world with all of Madonna's money. Its not like they won't be cared for.
    Brando and czb like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Why complain? These children will have every advantage in the world with all of Madonna's money. Its not like they won't be cared for.
    Yes and no. Not sure they will have a better life with a narcissistic mother like Madonna. Plus she doesn't really regard her adoptive children as 'important' her own ( didn't she 'forget' David and Mercy during her rants against Rocco)
    holly, twitchy2.0 and Kittylady like this.

And they will still start out life on top as adults. They will get the best educations and have a huge safety net to fall back on.

These twins have been in an orphanage the last two years and you're trying to say they're better off there than with a rich as hell but narcissistic mother? Not buying any of that.
    emkat, VeraGemini, Trixie and 3 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Can't stand all the attention and praise for Gaga at Super Bowl LI?

She's predictable and pathetic.
    holly and Oasis like this.

As Peaches Geldof and umpteen others have proved, money isn't everything. They'll grow up in a world of wealth, but in exchange the nannies who raise them will be employees and inevitably temporary, they'll be cut off from their own culture and heritage, and who knows if they'll actually get good educations or inherit any money when Madonna kicks the bucket.
    holly, arie_skop and rollo like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    And they will still start out life on top as adults. They will get the best educations and have a huge safety net to fall back on.

These twins have been in an orphanage the last two years and you're trying to say they're better off there than with a rich as hell but narcissistic mother? Not buying any of that.
    Yep, no matter how you slice it, these kids just hit the adoption lottery.
    greysfang and sputnik like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    As Peaches Geldof and umpteen others have proved, money isn't everything. They'll grow up in a world of wealth, but in exchange the nannies who raise them will be employees and inevitably temporary, they'll be cut off from their own culture and heritage, and who knows if they'll actually get good educations or inherit any money when Madonna kicks the bucket.
    Plus they have to suffer the embarrassment of their mother being Madonna. It's not all peaches and cream for Rocco.
    holly likes this.

czb

^^^ agree, it's not peaches and cream.

but these new adoptees will a lot better off than being left in an orphanage. *shrugs*
    greysfang, Waterslide and sputnik like this.

A Malawian orphanage at that.

Malawi has one of the highest rates of child marriage in the world, and they have issues with human trafficking and child labor. Even if Madge isn't June Cleaver they're out of certain types of danger at the very least.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

yeah.

they will have adequate nutrition and good schooling. you guys may hate madonna, but even she is better than an orphanage in a poor country.

as an aside, some friends of ours adopted a russian toddler >15 years ago. as part of the adoption process, they had to go to the orphanage, hours away from any urban area, and stay in the town of the orphanage and visit the orphanage daily for ~2 weeks. they told me of the horrors there - inadequate food, the place was unclean and the children were not bathed. no books or toys, no music, no stimulation. kids just sat around, doing nothing. there wasn't enough staff, maybe 1-2 workers for every 50 kids.

i imagine that a place like malawi might even have worse conditions. surely life with madonna is better than that?
    Novice and Waterslide like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information