Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: HGTV 'Flip or Flop' Stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa's Marriage has Flopped

Default HGTV 'Flip or Flop' Stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa's Marriage has Flopped

Hope I'm not the only HGTV junkie here who knows who they are...MrTrix finds Christina annoying but I watched. Surprising they've been able to keep this quiet for several months.

'Flip or Flop' Stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa Split After Explosive Fight Read Their Statement

Updated: December 12, 2016 @ 2:30 PMBy Nicholas Hautman

Flip or Flop stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa have split after seven years of marriage. The former couple, who married in May 2009, called it quits on their relationship in the aftermath of an explosive fight they had earlier this year.

"Like many couples, we have had challenges in our marriage," the HGTV stars said in a statement to Us Weekly. "We had an unfortunate misunderstanding about six months ago and the police were called to our house in an abundance of caution. There was no violence and no charges were filed. We chose to get counseling to sort out our relationship. Together, we have decided to separate while we reevaluate the future of our marriage. During this process, we are committed to our kids and being the best parents we can be. We will continue to work through this process civilly and cooperatively, and plan to continue our professional life together."

The real estate agents' statement comes nearly seven months after their altercation. The Orange County Sheriff's Department tells Us that 11 deputies were called to the real estate agents' home on May 23 in response to a "possibly suicidal male with a gun." An eyewitness told police that he saw Tarek "run out of his back door, jump over his back fence and walk northbound into the hiking trails of the Chino Hills State Park." Christina followed close behind and was "crying and shaking," according to the witness. Christina's friend, who was in the home during the incident, later told police that she saw Tarek grab a handgun from his safe before heading outside toward the trails.
    Tarek El Moussa and Christina El Moussa Sylvain Gaboury/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images PHOTOS: Celebrity Real Estate

Tarek told authorities "he had no intention of hurting himself" and was merely trying to "blow off some steam." He told police he brought the gun with him "for safety because of mountain lions and rattlesnakes in the area," the Orange County Sheriff's Department tells Us. Deputies then entered the couple's home and seized five guns, including a Stag Arms AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, after Tarek "agreed to voluntarily relinquish all of his firearms."

The former couple, who have starred on Flip or Flop since April 2013, share two children, daughter Taylor, 6, and son Brayden, 15 months.

HGTV tells Us Weekly: "We admire and appreciate Tarek and Christina's great work on Flip or Flop. When it comes to matters related to their own family, we respect their privacy and honor any decision that works best for them and their children. HGTV is currently airing episodes of Flip or Flop and the series will continue production as scheduled."

Flip or Flop's Tarek, Christina El Moussa Split After Fight - Us Weekly
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somehow I'm not surprised. They seemed too....something. Like their relationship was just for TV. Everytime he'd buy a property, when she'd go see it, she'd be all "OMG! We are sooooo gonna lose money on this!" Everytime. Then they'd make like $300K on it.

Plus her voice gets on my very last nerve.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I've only seen this show a few times and without exception they ALWAYS buy homes that break their budget because of unexpected defects etc. She's a bitch and he's weak.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I actually liked them more than I thought I would; I would see the commercials and think they were kind of annoying, but once I started watching, didn't think they were too bad. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that in the episodes after she had their baby boy, she appeared in some scenes in just yoga pants and a t shirt, belly pooch and all.
    Palermo likes this.

Silver Member

I watch their show. It follows a narrative. They (almost) always start out with a decrepit money pit that they then turn into a very attractively renovated home they usually sell at a profit (occasionally the end of show voice-over states that the house hasn't sold yet). Everything in between seems staged for the camera, including their interaction with each other. Still, they seemed pretty solid and even had a second child during the current season (no idea when it was actually filmed), and seemed really happy about that, so it's a shame to earn that they've split. They've been appearing with their kids in Christmas-themed promos for their show, to all appearances very much together, but this news puts the lie to that!
    Trixie likes this.

Sounds like he had a mental break.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I actually like their show and was sorry to hear about this. They say they had infertility issues, he had back surgery, he had cancer. Reality shows seem to be the death of many relationships, and I'm sure home renovations are enough to drive anybody crazy, always worrying about will they make money. I feel sorry for the kids, they are so little still.
    Trixie and Seapharris7 like this.

Dat's a lot of guns.
    bootspaige likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

During this process, we are committed to our kids and being the best parents we can be.
    After that, screw the kids.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Plus her voice gets on my very last nerve.
    I like the show, and both of them, but sometimes I just have to turn it off because I can't take her voice any longer. She really needs to learn to tone it down. I wonder what will happen to the show. HGTV may be saying nothing will change, but I don't buy that.
    Brookie and Bluebonnet like this.

Well, nobody's going to buy the "cute, happy couple" thing anymore. So, what's the new "theme"?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Briar Rose View Post
    I watch their show. It follows a narrative. They (almost) always start out with a decrepit money pit that they then turn into a very attractively renovated home they usually sell at a profit (occasionally the end of show voice-over states that the house hasn't sold yet). Everything in between seems staged for the camera, including their interaction with each other. Still, they seemed pretty solid and even had a second child during the current season (no idea when it was actually filmed), and seemed really happy about that, so it's a shame to earn that they've split. They've been appearing with their kids in Christmas-themed promos for their show, to all appearances very much together, but this news puts the lie to that!
    Yeah, and the narrative also always includes Tarek wanting to cut corners and Christina wanting to spend more money on high-end fixtures to appeal to high-end buyers. Tarek pouts and rolls his eyes and then gives in, and Christina is always right in the end.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She annoys the crap out of me. I can't stand the level of scriptedness on the show.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

i'm pretty shocked about this....they certainly kept it quiet and the holiday promos are so sweet and perfect. No way they can just continue the show, as usual!! 5 guns, holy crap. maybe she found out he is living a double life? maybe he is an ayyyy - gent.????

It's so funny that she's the one no one on here likes, because my husband & I can't stand HIM! He's so dramatic all the time. She doesn't bother us, my husband thinks she's hot. I think she's cute. I always like the clothes she wears on the show, so one time on a whim, I found their facebook page & asked where she gets her clothes. She responded to me within a few minutes. It was some boutique (that was way out of my price range, lol). But hey, at least I got a quick reply.
    Seapharris7, Lalasnake and Novice like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information