Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Kathy Griffin: Jon Hamm was a mean drunk, Woody Allen was creepy

Default Kathy Griffin: Jon Hamm was a mean drunk, Woody Allen was creepy

First she went after Ellen DeGeneres, now Kathy Griffin has other seemingly amiable stars in her cross-hairs: Jon Hamm and Ashton Kutcher. Meanwhile, she confirms what a lot of the rest of America suspects: Woody Allen is a bit creepy.

In her new book, Kathy Griffin’s Celebrity Run-Ins, the Emmy-winning comedian, 56, dishes on her encounters with more than 125 celebrities. A previous revelation from Griffin’s book dished that DeGeneres has a “mean streak” that everyone knows about.

In her latest revelations, Griffin shares how she had unpleasant moments with Hamm and Kutcher, both of whom present the image of being good-natured, easy-going and handsome A-list stars. As for Allen, she said he lamented the treatment his poor dear friend Bill Cosby has had to endure at the hands of a ravenous media.

With regard to Hamm, Griffin proclaims: “You’ll never convince me to like Jon Hamm.” About the “Mad Men” star, Griffin writes: “The vibe I’ve always gotten from him is cold and somewhat disrespectful … toward me. I’m suggesting he’s one of these hot guys who’s mildly funny but actually thinks he’s comedian-level funny.”

In particular, Griffin relates how Hamm was a cruel, sloppy drunk around her at a dinner party hosted by the legendary talent agent Sue Mengers. Griffin had been intent on chatting with another guest, Jack Nicholson.

But then Hamm showed up and asked her, somewhat disdainfully, “What are you doing here?’
    Griffin claims that Hamm threw back his drinks. (Hamm has since gone to rehab for alcohol addiction.)
    While Griffin was chatting with Nicholson, “Hammy picks that moment … to start whispering boozy yammering into my ear,” she said. “First it was, ‘You know your Emmy isn’t a real Emmy.’ I let that one go, but then he whispered, ‘You’re so o-o-o-old.’”

Griffin writes that she wasn’t so much bothered by Hamm’s insult; it was more his terrible timing: “Look, I’ve been told I’m old and not funny by a lot of guys — a lot of hot guys, too — but not when I’m in an intimate conversation space with frickin’ Jack Nicholson, an opportunity I figured I’d never get again; that’s the real reason I can’t stand Hammy. The double whammy of cruel but not playful comments and the horrible timing. Again, he’s not a comedian, folks. Hopefully done with the drink, but probably still Don Draper-y.”

As for Kutcher, she said she’s had several unpleasant run-ins with him. The first was in 2005, when they co-hosted a charity event. Kutcher, newly married to Demi Moore, refused to speak to her the entire time.
    “At least three separate times, we were standing in the wings, waiting to go out and present, and I’d say something like, ‘Hey, what if, when we go out, we do this … ,’ and suggest something, and he’d just ignore me,” she writes. “If he said five words to me the whole day, I’d be surprised. It was bizarre and rude and made me feel as if he thought I was beneath him, someone not worth talking to in the slightest.”
    He also refused to acknowledge her three years later when she ran into him at a Mexican restaurant; he was with Moore. The final snub occurred when she was talking to P Diddy at a party. “Kutcher stepped directly in front of me and started talking to Diddy as if I wasn’t even there,” she reveals.

As for Allen, Griffin said she was at a dinner party in 2014, when Allen walked in with his wife Soon-Yi, the adopted daughter of his one-time on- and off-screen partner Mia Farrow.

Allen said about his wife, more than 30 years his junior: “I’m Woody, and this is my child bride!”
    Near the end of the party, she said that Allen complained about Bill Cosby being roasted in the media following the flood of allegations that he had drugged and sexually molested more than 50 women over the decades. Griffin writes: “Woody said to me with what seemed to be complete sincerity, ‘And now I have to watch my friend Bill Cosby get railroaded by the media.’”

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/25/kathy-griffin-jon-hamm-was-a-mean-drunk-woody-allen-was-creepy/

She annoys the fuck out of me.

Maybe people just simply don't like you Kathy. I'm one of them.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I really don't like or dislike her enough to give a rat's ass but she's a self-described D-lister so sorry if I don't feel any outrage for her when she tries to ass kiss A-listers and gets ignored. Umm they're out of your league, isn't that the point, so why act like you have a reason to feel insulted.
    BITTER and SoCalMarie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I do love it when she tells stories about Cher.

Love her or hate her those stories are horrible. Hamm whispering insults into her ear? Kutcher stepping in front of her while she was talking? I'd see red if someone did that to me and I'm not even D list! Just a human being.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

czb

yeah, i agree that even if she is D list, she is a human being and deserves some respect. BUT if she did digs about these people in her stand up or when she was interviewing on the red carpet or other places, i can see them blowing her off. rudely. i don't follow her that closely, so my assumption about her dissing them publicly may be incorrect.
    HWBL likes this.

Bronze Member

I never liked her. But after I watched her show on Youtube (I never saw it on Bravo), I saw her differently. She was funny, earnest, honestly broken at times. It was so sad when she talked about her ex-husband and her dad dying. I'm still conflicted with her. She does come off as an asshole when you watch or read about her from afar, but she seems like a good person and, at the end of the day, she is a comedian. I'd take her over Chelsea Handler or Amy whats-her-last-name anyday.

Btw, I never knew Bravo aired any other shows other than trashy Housewives back in the day. Color me shocked.
    Last edited by GoldenGirlie; November 27th, 2016 at 10:21 PM.
    Karma and darksithbunny like this.

I'd normally feel bad on her behalf, given the sentiment that has already been expressed in this thread: that kind of blatant disrespect is uncalled for. But... I've watched some of her stand-up specials (I used to think she was somewhat funny), and she can really go after people, to the point where any funniness gives way to pure mean-spiritedness. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if she'd hurled myriad insults at those people in her act, they found out, and that prompted their behavior.

^I can sort of see that, but I also think Hollywood really is dominated by a mean-girl mentality, where if you're not "hot enough" or A-list enough, people really do think you're beneath them and not worth talking to. Especially if you're a woman. I mean, I can't say for certain but I doubt she's ever talked shit about John Hamm...has she? I've been to a couple of her stand up shows and used to watch her Bravo show back in the day, and I don't remember anything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

^That, I don't know. I want to say that I've heard her mention Hamm before, but I don't recall the context . . . and I may be totally wrong about it.

I think this boils down to one of two possibilities: her material pissed people off, or they're just dicks.

Elite Member

Since I dislike JH, AK, and WA - I'll side with Kathy.

I find her hysterical, she tells it like it is and some of these celebs are so full of themselves they deserve being pulled off their pedestals. Besides being funny she was so endearing on Dlisted. She loved her dad and is so good to her Mom, she does a lot of charitable work for the Veterans, AIDs and HIV, children and animals. I remember her making fun of Kutcher and Moore back then, all the comedians were. She also has one hell of a body. She seemed awfully kind to her staff. She's far from perfect and takes the insults a little too far sometimes but the shock value is a big part of her talent, she says things that most people wouldn't say in public.

I like Kathy and love to hear her stories.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Maybe people just simply don't like you Kathy. I'm one of them.
    Thank you! I can't stand this heifer.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information