Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Katy Perry announced a $10K post-election donation to Planned Parenthood

Default Katy Perry announced a $10K post-election donation to Planned Parenthood

Itís time to turn words into action! There are so many steps to take, but my first vow is to support organizations that may have their funding support taken from them in the future by the government.

I am making a public donation to Planned Parenthood for the teenage me who made several visits to first a clinic in Santa Barbara and then Los Angeles, CA to educate myself on my sexual health, a subject I had little to no information on because of my sheltered upbringing. I had no idea how things worked down there, and had no idea how to make a plan for them.

Planned Parenthood educated me on my body and my reproductive health, so that I could focus on my dreams and using my voice until I knew the timing was right for me to make a plan to have a family. Since then, I have been able to focus wholeheartedly on bringing messages of strength and becoming a voice for others. Without this education, I may have had a different life path.

That is just my experience, but I know Planned Parenthoodís broader range of services can sometimes be the only medical support low-income families ever see. I know what itís like to need help. I came from a lower- to middle-class family and never grew up with the option of health insurance. I remember having 13 cavities as a teenager, and the best option my parents could come up with was to try and take me to Mexico because we couldnít afford anything in California.

I am grateful for and stand in support of Planned Parenthood for giving Katheryn Hudson the knowledge to plan, and for continuing to be a haven for women to learn all options for their future. Now, more than ever, we all need to protect and create safe places for each other. I hope I can help inspire you to make a gift as well, and become a member and an ally.

[From Katyís Instagram]

You too can donate to Planned Parenthood Ė which Donald Trump has vowed to defund Ė here.

Cele|bitchy | Katy Perry announced a $10K post-election donation to Planned Parenthood
    Photos courtesy of Instagram, Fame/Flynet, WENN.
    Kittylady, Mivvi21, panic and 2 others like this.

Holy shit that picture looks nothing like her.

But good move, Katy Perry! I hope more celebs follow suit and inspire regular people to do the same.

^That really is a terrible pic. Yikes.

More importantly, even though I'm not exactly a fan of hers, I really respect her for taking action about something for which she feels so strongly. I, too, hope that more people - famous or otherwise - follow her example.

Gold Member

^
    ditto.

doesn't she come from a fundamentalist family?
    panic and arie_skop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Holy shit that picture looks nothing like her.
    Holy meth, she looks like Pennsatucky's inbred cousin-sister!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

She could look like Bobcat Goldthwaite and I'd still be giving her a round of applause right now.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

lol, I don't mean to detract from what she did, I was just startled by that picture. She doesn't even really look like that! It's sad and distracting that's the picture they used.

eta - I thought what she wrote on instagram was nice. It drives me batty when the militant anti-abortion morons whine about PP being all about abortion and don't take into consideration the million other ways in which it helps people.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    It drives me batty when the militant anti-abortion morons whine about PP being all about abortion and don't take into consideration the million other ways in which it helps people.
    But... but... baaaybeeez!

Yeah, I know what you mean. A US friend of mine asked whether the Trump/Pence incoming administration were taking A Handmaid's Tale as their inspiration. Right now that wouldn't surprise me.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Her statement was spot on. Good for Katy.

In related news, just read that more than 20,000 people have donated to PP in Pence's name.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Silver Member

Good for her, and ordinarily I can't stand her!

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    In related news, just read that more than 20,000 people have donated to PP in Pence's name.
    I read a great suggestion - if you are donating a larger amount split it over several donations so he gets a card for each one

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    But... but... baaaybeeez!

Yeah, I know what you mean. A US friend of mine asked whether the Trump/Pence incoming administration were taking A Handmaid's Tale as their inspiration. Right now that wouldn't surprise me.
    I didn't even think about that, but the analogy is perfect. And I wouldn't be surprised either. That was one of the scariest books I've ever read (I actually felt like I couldn't breathe for most of the book) and now that scenario may very well be unfolding right in front of us. I just don't get how anyone can think that is OK.

And don't even get me started on these people and there baaaybeeez issues. I don't get it. I've never seen people so blindly and emotionally unwilling to listen to any sort of logic when it comes to abortion, and even to some extent, safe sex. Just a little logic on their parts would make it so much easier for me to handle their ignorance and delusion.

She annoys me, but good for her. I know Planned Parenthood helped my arse out when I was young. Also, love that people are donating in Pence's name.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    lol, I don't mean to detract from what she did, I was just startled by that picture. She doesn't even really look like that! It's sad and distracting that's the picture they used.

eta - I thought what she wrote on instagram was nice. It drives me batty when the militant anti-abortion morons whine about PP being all about abortion and don't take into consideration the million other ways in which it helps people.
    I went to Planned Parenthood before, and there were protesters with posters of aborted babies. One guy came over to me, and tried to hand me a pamphlet with aborted babies and stuff. I told him I was not going in for that, I was going in for contraception. He said "Well, that's bad for you too. I wonder if they are against men pulling out, or male ejaculation, because that is all prevention of pregnancy too.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information