Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By C_is_for_Cookie
  • 3 Post By gas_chick

Thread: Character actor Michael Massee dead at 61

Default Character actor Michael Massee dead at 61

(one of those character actors that made you go to IMDB to find out where you'd seen him before)

Michael Massee, who accidentally fatally shot Brandon Lee on the set of their 1994 film “The Crow,” in which he played Funboy, has died, his agent confirmed to Variety. He was 61.

Actor Anthony Delon first annouced the news in an Instagram post on Monday, writing “R.I.P. my friend Michael. You were ‘five seconds away from a clean getaway.'” Massee and Delon worked together on the 2014 French TV series “Interventions.”

Details of his death weren’t immediately available.

<snip>

The actor, who has almost 80 film and television credits, is also known for his role as the man at the massage parlor in David Fincher’s 1995 thriller “Seven.” He worked with the director again in 1997 on “The Game.” His other film credits include “Lost Highway” (1997), “Catwoman” (2004), “The Amazing Spider-Man” (2012), and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” (2014), in which he portrayed Gustav Fiers — aka The Gentleman.

On TV, Massee had recurring roles as villain Ira Gaines on the first season of the Fox’s “24” and baddie Charles Hoyt on TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles,” in addition to making appearances in “The X-Files,” “Alias,” “Supernatural,” “House,” and “The Blacklist.”

In 1993, Massee portrayed the character Funboy in the film The Crow, starring Brandon Lee. Massee was the actor who fired the shot that killed Lee by accident on the set in 1993, due to an improperly prepared prop gun.He was so traumatized by the event that he returned to New York and took a year off from acting. He refused to view the film. In an interview in 2005, 12 years after the incident, Massee revealed that he still had nightmares about it, going on to say, "I don't think you ever get over something like that."
    Last edited by spiderpig; October 26th, 2016 at 09:22 PM.

I can't even begin to imagine how traumatized he must have been over Brandon Lee's death. RIP Michael.

Yep can you imagine having to live with that even though it wasn't your fault. 61 is far too young. RIP.
    Bluebonnet, panic and Lalasnake like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information