• 12 Post By NickiDrea
  • 1 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 2 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By NickiDrea
  • 2 Post By mostroop

Thread: Rose McGowan accuses Hollywood boss of rape on Twitter

Default Rose McGowan accuses Hollywood boss of rape on Twitter

Actress Rose McGowan has accused a Hollywood studio head of rape on Twitter.
    The Charmed and Planet Terror star made the claims online using the hashtag #whywomendontreport.
    It had been trending after a number of accusations against Donald Trump emerged this week.
    Rose did not name the man but says that the attack is an "open secret" in Hollywood.
    During a number of tweets, Rose says she has sought legal advice over the assault but was told she could not win her case.

She says a female lawyer told her that having performed sex scenes in her movies would count against her in court.

Follow

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

a (female) criminal attorney said because I'd done a sex scene in a film I would never win against the studio head.#WhyWomenDontReport

Follow

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

because it's been an open secret in Hollywood/Media & they shamed me while adulating my rapist.#WhyWomenDontReport

Follow

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

Because my ex sold our movie to my rapist for distribution#WhyWomenDontReport

Follow

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

It is time for some goddamned honesty in this world.

Earlier this week an anti-Trump video, starring Rose, was premiered online.
    Lady Gaga also spoke in support of the hashtag, having previously revealed how she was raped by a music producer when she was a teenager.
    She says that reading tweets from rape surivors was like "re-living it all over again."

Follow

JOANNE
    @ladygaga

Check out&trend #WhyWomenDontReport to have a better understanding. For me, it was like re-living it all over again. I applaud these women.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37667012/rose-mcgowan-accuses-hollywood-boss-of-rape-on-twitter
    Lalasnake likes this.

Wow. Damn. I admire her bravery. I feel her frustration.
    Lalasnake likes this.

I can't imagine what doing a sex scene in a movie legally has to do with rape. Or even how it would be relevant or admissible at all.

How disgusting that she had that experience.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Harvey Weinstein, I gather?
    Sassiness likes this.

One site said: Harvey Weinstein/ex who sold him the film was Robert Rodriguez/Planet Terror/Grindhouse

Pics from the LA premier:

Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

If that really is it, I absolutely cannot fathom having to pose for pictures with your rapist. But I also looked at her IMDb, and she had a two-year break from acting between 2011 and 2013. I wonder if the rape she's talking about happened in 2011. Either way, Hollywood is not a place I would want to try to survive.

Over at cdan they are guessing Bob Weinstein because entry said that the rapist is not the first person that comes to mind which is Harvey.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I can't imagine what doing a sex scene in a movie legally has to do with rape. Or even how it would be relevant or admissible at all.

How disgusting that she had that experience.
    My guess would be that nudity on screen would be used to paint her as a woman who would do anything to advance her public profile, and thus her career. Sometimes it feels like you would need to be a ninety year old virgin raped during a home invasion not to have any and every part of your past brought against you by the defense.
    Lalasnake and lindsaywhit like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Actually, looking at her tweets again, it sounds like her attorney had come kind of "composite" reason for saying her case would fail (not just the sex scenes):

1. Because she did sex scenes in movies
    2. Because her attacker is somehow widely admired while still being known for this behavior
    3. Because her bf (at the time) still did a business deal with the guy (you don't go ahead and do a business deal with your gf's rapist)
    Lalasnake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    My guess would be that nudity on screen would be used to paint her as a woman who would do anything to advance her public profile, and thus her career. Sometimes it feels like you would need to be a ninety year old virgin raped during a home invasion not to have any and every part of your past brought against you by the defense.
    The law doesn't allow you to do that, which is why I am confused. The rape shield laws are surprisingly extensive in criminal law- it is a very uphill battle to pierce rape shield. I have been unable to win motions to have actually relevant evidence admitted in a rape trial, one example is when a judge denied my motion to admit evidence that an alleged victim had falsely accused 5 or 6 prior exes of rape prior to accusing my client of it. I actually don't have a problem with rape shield laws- after all, they were passed because of the hell that rape victims had to endure on the witness stand- but when I can't ask questions that are obviously relevant and go directly to credibility that's a problem.

Either way, being naked on film is part of her job. I don't see a judge allowing a defense that because she was naked on film, she'll do anything to advance her career. You could argue that she lied, but you can't argue that being naked on film means she's down with whatever. I'd welcome sluce or Montana Mama's opinions on this but I think that's covered by rape shield and I don't see a judge allowing it in.
    Sassiness and Lalasnake like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

Not in a court of law, but they would smear her in public, and destroy her ability to work in the industry, just look at depp/heard
    Sassiness and Lalasnake like this.

Thread Information