Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Matthew McConaughey felt 'more masculine' after the birth of his first kid

Default Matthew McConaughey felt 'more masculine' after the birth of his first kid

His first child made him feel like a man: “Out comes this screaming little life with a pair of balls. Man is never more masculine than after the birth of his first child. I don’t mean in a macho way. I mean in terms of giving a man strength.”

His wife Camila Alves helped his career:
    “A good woman gives a man courage and confidence. The courage to have the confidence to go and do it, to not be worried as much or consider as much what the rest of the world thinks.”

He didn’t always believe in marriage:
    “What is [marriage] more than a signed document? What is it more than a formality? I gotta believe in this thing. I spent a good amount of time talking about the sacrament of marriage with Pastor Haney, getting past that fear of, ‘Am I going to lose myself?’ And seeing it’s not, ‘Now I’m one and if we marry I’m 50 percent of myself and you’re 50 percent of you.’ No, it’s one and one, and multiply and become three.”

His proposal to Camila:
    “I remember hitting the knee, looking into her eyes, and … I remember her face. I remember this smile coming up from her feet. I remember her having to catch her breath. And she didn’t say yes right away. And then the whole family was going, ‘Jeezus, she’s gonna say no.’”

He’s not going to stop doing those weird Lincoln commercials:
    “F–k that. Because I’m going to. And I like ‘em. And they pay well. And they allow me to go and do these other little movies for a lot less.”

He was a frat boy:
    “I didn’t grow up acting. I don’t enjoy thespian, Hamlet-ian talks. I was the first frat boy in the University of Texas film school who wore button-down denim shirts, boots, and a buckle when all the Gothic artists were all in black. I went to see the big Hollywood pictures at the cineplex that everyone else in film class shat on. For a while I thought maybe you really do need to wear all black and stay out of the sunlight and only see independent films to be an artist. I still have moments with acting where I’m like, I’m getting away with it. Winning the Oscar was validation, the respect of my peers.”

How he felt after filming 2008’s Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: “All of a sudden. I understood, whoa, that’s become my brand.” After that, he made a “conscious decision” to “unbrand.”

[From Esquire]

http://www.celebitchy.com/508044/matthew_mcconaughey_felt_more_masculine_after_the_ birth_of_his_first_kid/

He looks like crap.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Yeah his face never recovered from the drastic weight loss while filming Dallas Buyer's Club.

I have such mixed feelings about him. Part of me thinks he would be ponderous to be around for any length of time what with his poetry speak, but part of me would like to share a steak with him and let him charm the pants off of me.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Forget Matthew. I want to know about Hollywood's Secret Orgy Club.

i like matthew. he doesn't do it for me but he's pretty likeable when he doesn't go overboard with his whole persona schtick and he's a great actor when he takes real parts and isn't half-assing it in a stupid rom com.

who was it on the board that would always bring up his t-rex arms? i'm getting flashbacks to way back when svz was still around and participating. was it him?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe he didn't mean it that way but why is giving birth to a baby with a pair of balls any more manly than a baby girl?

And he proposed in front of his family? I would say no on principle, even if I would have said yes in private. Anyone who would put me in that position in public is a douche. I always suspected he was gay anyway so this does nothing to convince me their marriage isn't a sham so that he could have a family.

He seems harmless enough, I'd probably enjoy having a beer with him, but by the second I think he'd be hard to tolerate.
    BITTER likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Not if you broke out the weed and the bongo drums!
    panic, Seapharris7 and lindsaywhit like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Maybe he didn't mean it that way but why is giving birth to a baby with a pair of balls any more manly than a baby girl?

And he proposed in front of his family? I would say no on principle, even if I would have said yes in private. Anyone who would put me in that position in public is a douche. I always suspected he was gay anyway so this does nothing to convince me their marriage isn't a sham so that he could have a family.

He seems harmless enough, I'd probably enjoy having a beer with him, but by the second I think he'd be hard to tolerate.
    I am going to guess that the first sentence (“Out comes this screaming little life with a pair of balls.") was him specifically talking about his first child (who happened to be male) being born, but the second sentence is not sex specific at all, "Man is never more masculine than after the birth of his first child." That was how I read it anyway.

I mean, I would suggest that it probably makes a man feel more masculine to be able to care and provide for that baby than simply to be "a father". But maybe that is what he meant...who knows.

Yeah, talk about pressure with the entire group of potential in laws being present during a proposal! I wonder how that went down, if it was planned or they were all hanging out in the back yard and he got an itch to ask her

I'm sad how shitty he looks. I loved him in Frailty. Such a good movie.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I loved him in loads of things. I think he's a good actor so thumbs up for him.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don't think he meant fathering a boy baby makes you feel manly, but rather that seeing your child appear for the first time. I wouldn't describe it exactly the same way, but I agree that it is an instantaneous life-changing feeling, and especially the exclamation point on you as a father. One of the biggest fights I ever had with Mrs. Mohandas was over getting a baby room ready and buying furniture.

She was mad because I didn't want to do it until the baby came. To me, it was almost theoretical. Like if I went to work, I could be distracted from the idea that I was about to become a father. For her, obviously, it wasn't that way at all. But when the baby arrives, and you are holding it in your arms, then yeah, you get 9 months of catching up all at once (if you were like me, that is).

While I've never been the biggest McConnaughey fan, he has grown on me. He was great in "True Detective". "InterStellar" comes on cable all the time and I love that - the focus on the relationship with his daughter and how he abandoned her to save her, and then what happens after, was great. And he pulled it off perfectly.
    KrisNine, panic and Seapharris7 like this.

What an insulting, asinine thing to say. So if he'd never had children (esp. one with a set of balls) he wouldn't have felt masculine...excuse me as my eyes roll right out of my head.

I think he meant "more" masculine. Not that he didn't feel masculine before. I mean, this is a guy who can't keep is shirt on for more than 5 minutes....

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    What an insulting, asinine thing to say. So if he'd never had children (esp. one with a set of balls) he wouldn't have felt masculine...excuse me as my eyes roll right out of my head.
    It's really no different than when an airhead female celebrity says she never felt like a woman until she shot out a crotch fruit. Which is total bullshit of course. Being a man or a woman has nothing to do with being a parent.
    Now when I had a baby, I didn't feel more feminine or more womanly - I felt omnipotent. I thought: What awesome powers I have. I'm gonna make myself a whole army. Just as soon as this one sleeps through the night.

1. Who talks about their baby's balls like that? 2. i just saw him at a press event where i work two weeks ago and that weird thing b/w his eyes wasn't there. 3. if he didn't smell like B.O. as rumored, I totally would. He goes to a large church down the road from me with Camilla and the kids just like normal peeps. love him. can't help it.
    MohandasKGanja and Bluebonnet like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information