Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Amy Schumer Doesn't Want to Hurt Your Eyes

Default Amy Schumer Doesn't Want to Hurt Your Eyes

Amy Schumer Lost Weight So She Wouldn’t ‘Hurt People’s Eyes’ When They Watched ‘Trainwreck’

Amy Schumer has never been one to shy away from talking about personal things like dealing with trolls or discussing her sex life.
    In an upcoming episode of the U.K.’s “Jonathan Ross Show,” which airs Saturday on ITV, the actress opens up about being told to lose weight for her movie, “Trainwreck.”
    “The only change was that it was explained to me before I did that movie [”Trainwreck”] that if you weigh over 140 pounds as a woman in Hollywood, if you’re on the screen it will hurt people’s eyes,” the 35-year-old said. “I didn’t know that, so I lost some weight to do that, but never again.”
    Luckily, that terrible advice doesn’t seem to have much affect on Schumer, who has posted about how her body makes her feel both “strong and happy.”

The admission is a little surprising coming from Schumer, who famously accepted Glamour magazine’s Trailblazer of the Year award in 2015, telling the crowd, ““I’m, like, 160 pounds right now, and I can catch a dick whenever I want, and that’s the truth.” However, the fact that she had to lose weight is unfortunately just par for the course in Hollywood and not at all shocking.
    During her appearance, Schumer also talked about another painful order ― learning that her family’s finances were wiped out when she was just a kid. The comedian said it wasn’t until her 12th birthday that she realized her family had “fallen on hard times.”

“I could tell most clearly by the quality of my birthday parties because one year we had, in New York, a farm party and there were farm animals. For a New York kid, you’ve got to be rolling in dough and we’re riding ponies, the works,” Schumer joked. “And then the next year my birthday party, after we went bankrupt, [was themed around Lionel Richie’s ‘Dancing on the Ceiling’].”
    She added, “My parents just put a light fixture on the floor and my dad put a video camera upside down and we just danced around pretending like we were dancing on the ceiling. Bring your own pizza. It was really dark, my uncle was the clown.”
    Look for Schumer on “The Jonathan Ross Show” on Saturday, Sept. 17 on ITV.

Amy Schumer Lost Weight So She Wouldn't 'Hurt People's Eyes' When They Watched 'Trainwreck' | Huffington Post
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I was reading about how the actress Jenna Coleman changed her shape to make a stab for Hollywood. It's par for the course in their industry.

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

For someone who gets pissed when people talk about her weight, she sure seems to talk a lot about her weight.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

It's not her weight that hurts other's eyes. That's squinting from the pain of hearing her talk.
    arie_skop, BITTER, holly and 4 others like this.

I don't care about her weight. I barely even notice it. It's all about her smug face
    HWBL, tulip, Seapharris7 and 10 others like this.

The media's fascination with both her and Lena Dunham, and the need to herald them both as cultural icons, is mystifying to me. Trainwreck was good, but there was nothing groundbreaking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    For someone who gets pissed when people talk about her weight, she sure seems to talk a lot about her weight.
    The weight (and her lies about her dress size) bother me not half as much as her pig snout.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    The weight (and her lies about her dress size) bother me not half as much as her pig snout.
    Was just pondering her swearing she's only a size six, but now she's claiming she's above 140 lbs. She's 5'7". As am I. I know everyone is different, but when I was 140 I was absolutely not a 6.

Again, I can find beauty in all shapes and sizes, but I despise a liar. Especially a holier than thou one.
    C_is_for_Cookie and BITTER like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I was reading about how the actress Jenna Coleman changed her shape to make a stab for Hollywood. It's par for the course in their industry.
    Whoa! I can't believe that's even the same person! It reminds me a little bit of a before and after shot I saw of Selma Blair. I have looked all over, and I can't find the before picture any more, but it was a pretty striking difference.
    rollo likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Is that what's so annoying about her face? I can't figure out why she is so harsh looking. Is it the nose? She has tightly crammed features and beady eyes. I don't know what exactly bugs the crap out of me. But something does.
    HeartShapedBox and Bombshell like this.

Sje obviously has issues with her weight, as much as she claims she doesn't. And it would be hard to fit into a size 6 at 5'7' at any weight, unless it's a "size 6".
    czb likes this.

IMO it's more obvious with Karen Gillan, the previous Doctor Who companion. She was thin but had normal curves on the show, then after when she tried to break America via the TV series Selfish had whittled down to anorexic size.

"Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

It was also obvious when you look at a lot of long running shows, the actresses in the first season look usually normal and healthy and by the end they look nothing like that(Sarah Michelle Geller for instance, or Cox and Aniston)

What about the actress on Stranger Things... you KNOW who I'm talking about.
    She disappears when she turns sideways.... and the head floats away

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    What about the actress on Stranger Things... you KNOW who I'm talking about.
    She disappears when she turns sideways.... and the head floats away
    VERY distracting through the whole show. She looks awful.
    BrickHouse likes this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information