Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: What really happened during Criminal Minds actor Thomas Gibson’s on-set fight

fgg

Default What really happened during Criminal Minds actor Thomas Gibson’s on-set fight

What really happened during Thomas Gibson’s on-set fight

There’s more to “Criminal Minds” star Thomas Gibson’s on-set altercation than a quick kick.

A source confirmed to Page Six that two weeks ago, Gibson, 54, got into a physical fight during filming with co-executive producer Virgil Williams, but insists the fight wasn’t as big of a deal as headlines made it seem.

“It wasn’t like [Gibson] punched him,” the source said. “Williams is a boxer and a martial artist, he’s no angel. He can be very aggressive.”

Williams allegedly instigated the incident, which stemmed from a disagreement over a script. “[Williams] got very aggressive, so Thomas walked away and then he felt like the guy was coming after him. He turned around and kicked just on instinct, like a reflex,” the source added.

Williams then reported the incident to his agent, at which point it became a human resources issue, leading to Gibson’s two-episode suspension.

Gibson admitted that an incident did take place, telling us in a statement: “There were creative differences on the set and a disagreement. I regret that it occurred. We all want to work together as a team to make the best show possible. We always have and always will.”

Gibson has had previous on-set freak-outs, including one incident in which he pushed an assistant director and was subsequently sent to anger management courses, TMZ reports.

“Thomas can’t be everybody’s best friend, but he’s not a villain. Everything will be back to normal soon, people move on. The cast and crew are a very solid, tight-knit family … Thomas has been with his family for the last two weeks, and he’s just getting back into the swing of things. I’m sure it’s going to be resolved, [Gibson and Virgil] will post a photo together … they’ve known each other for 12 years, and they’re together for 12 hours a day. Things happen,” the source added.

What really happened during Thomas Gibson’s on-set fight | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

TMZ is reporting that Gibson just got shit canned. Good...asshole.
    Sassiness likes this.

Silver Member

Sounds like he has an anger management issue with a huge ego to boot. Deserves to lose his job. Too bad, he's a good actor.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

I've always hated that cock-hole.
    faithanne likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

CBS and ABC Studios have ruled on Criminal Minds star Thomas Gibson: He's out.
    The firing followed reports that Gibson, 54, kicked the writer of the episode he was directing earlier this week.
    "Thomas Gibson has been dismissed from Criminal Minds," the network and production studio said in a joint statement. "Creative details for how the character's exit will be addressed in the show will be announced at a later date."
    Earlier reports indicated CBS, which airs the long-running FBI procedural and ABC, which produces it, would suspend the actor for two episodes.
    Gibson, who had been with the show since its 2005 debut, told USA TODAY in a statement, "I love Criminal Minds and have put my heart and soul into it for the last 12 years. I had hoped to see it through to the end, but that won't be possible now. I would just like to say thank you to the writers, producers, actors, our amazing crew, and, most importantly, the best fans that a show could ever hope to have.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Bronze Member

Wow!

Sounds like this was the last straw for the producers of the show.
    Sassiness, Seapharris7 and Wisher like this.

Such a shame. He really made that show. But if he's got anger issues that go that deep, this may have been a problem on the set for a long time.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Well, I liked his character, don't know much about his personal life. But for him to be canned, sounds like this wasn't isolated incident.
    Sassiness and Wisher like this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Sounds like the TV networks are getting tired of diva behavior anymore. I mean, they shut down "Castle" rather than put up with the leads acting like asses. They canned Charlie Sheen from his show and he was the main thing holding it together. And a recent blind said that the SNL sweep that canned three members may have been related to them doing drugs in front of Lorne - he learned his lessons with Belushi and Farley, I guess. This could be a good thing.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

He's a creep. Remember the whole "catfish" thing?

Thomas Gibson catfished

And before that, he got a DUI. The guy's got issues.

Thomas Gibson (Criminal Minds) Arrested for DUI
    fgg likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He'll forever be tainted with the stank of Jenna "Have you raped a baby? AIDS is a state of mind!" Scibot Elfman, so he's already guilty by association.

Then there's this:
    Williams is a boxer and a martial artist, he’s no angel.
    WTF is that supposed to mean? Because a guy keeps fit, he deserves to be kicked?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Sounds like the TV networks are getting tired of diva behavior anymore. I mean, they shut down "Castle" rather than put up with the leads acting like asses. They canned Charlie Sheen from his show and he was the main thing holding it together. And a recent blind said that the SNL sweep that canned three members may have been related to them doing drugs in front of Lorne - he learned his lessons with Belushi and Farley, I guess. This could be a good thing.
    This is my take on the situation. I was genuinely shocked the network would fire someone that is such a big name on the show, and it made me wonder what else he's done that we haven't even heard about. Usually, this kind of news gets buried in a bunch of blind items that don't get solved until after a show has been cancelled. But I did remember the catfish incident and the DUI, so it definitely seems like doing stupid shit is a pattern for him.

As for the show, I like Criminal Minds, but I usually don't watch it when it airs. I usually catch a few episodes on demand here and there, but I don't think it will survive losing both Morgan and Hotch in that short amount of time.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It's a shame, in that I thought his character was an integral part of the show. As for Gibson himself...the man's got issues. Once this story broke, all sorts of info came out about how's been verbally abusive to the cast and crew, that Shemar Moore quit the show (at least in part) because he grew to hate Gibson that much, and the list goes on. Granted, who knows how much - if any - of that can believed, but given his issues with anger and alcohol, it must've been been like dealing with a ticking time bomb.

That said, the behavior of this Virgil person has left a lot to be desired, too, especially given the myriad, super-assy, smug tweets he's spewed. I'm not saying that the guy deserved to be kicked, by any means, and Gibson was incredibly stupid for doing that. It just that this other guy sounds like an asshole, in his own right.
    Sassiness and Wisher like this.

Elite Member

I'm a huge fan of this show and these two actors and their characters are my favorites (plus Reed). The show will never be the same for me without the two of them. I'm really sorry they couldn't find a way to resolve things on the set.
    Wisher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by weathered1 View Post
    It's a shame, in that I thought his character was an integral part of the show. As for Gibson himself...the man's got issues. Once this story broke, all sorts of info came out about how's been verbally abusive to the cast and crew, that Shemar Moore quit the show (at least in part) because he grew to hate Gibson that much, and the list goes on. Granted, who knows how much - if any - of that can believed, but given his issues with anger and alcohol, it must've been been like dealing with a ticking time bomb.

That said, the behavior of this Virgil person has left a lot to be desired, too, especially given the myriad, super-assy, smug tweets he's spewed. I'm not saying that the guy deserved to be kicked, by any means, and Gibson was incredibly stupid for doing that. It just that this other guy sounds like an asshole, in his own right.
    See, I didn't even know that stuff about Shemar Moore, but it did make me wonder if there had been some bad blood after this recent Thomas Gibson kicking incident. And then my brain went all fangirly and thought, "Maybe this means they'll bring Morgan back!!!" lol You never know.

I follow both Shemar Moore and Matthew Gray Gubler on Instagram and they are such wildly different kinds of guys, but both so funny. I remember MGG posted a picture he had drawn of Thomas Gibson a long time ago, so I guess I thought they had at some point gotten along as a team. Again, who knows?

And I just realized earlier that my sig quote is from CM. Totally forgot about that.
    weathered1, Bluebonnet and Wisher like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information