Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By NickiDrea
  • 1 Post By spiderpig
  • 3 Post By sparkles

Thread: Uma Thurman ‘broke a few bones’ after being thrown from a horse

fgg

Default Uma Thurman ‘broke a few bones’ after being thrown from a horse

Uma Thurman ‘broke a few bones’ after being thrown from a horse

Actress and Quentin Tarantino muse Uma Thurman broke some bones after being thrown from horse this week. Page Six reported that 46-year-old Uma, an avid equestrian, was seen being helped into a St. Barts restaurant by her kids. An eyewitness said she “looked like she had hip surgery.” Uma’s people confirmed that Uma was in an equestrian accident, saying “She was training on a young thoroughbred who got spooked. She was thrown and broke a few bones.” I’m glad too hear it was just a minor accident. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I can deal with losing anymore beloved entertainment figures this year.

Poor Uma’s had a rough go of it lately, not only getting ejected off of a horse, but suffering a sloppy, icky, boozy kiss at the hands of former Fiat CEO Lapo Elkann at last month’s Cannes Film Festival amfAR gala. But, looking at the positive, she does have some cute kids, especially her youngest, 3-year-old Rosalind. She posted a photo of her and her daughter decked out in their finest swim attire on Instagram a few months ago. What a cutie. She also recently sold her Gramercy Park, New York duplex for a reported $6.25 million. If you are a sucker for house p0rn, check out the pictures. I could just live in the bathroom.

And, speaking of Uma’s kids, her 17-year-old daughter Maya Hawke (Dad is Ethan) is gorgeous, and she definitely inherited her mother’s sense of style. She rocked a chic dress and slick bob haircut for her recent prom. I, on the other hand, went to prom in the 80s and had a gravity-defying updo and was enveloped in a billowing cloud of pink taffeta. Maya is off to Juilliard in the fall. Smart cookie.

Oh, and I’d be remiss in not sharing the pain of the song that has now gotten itself wedged in my brain while writing this post. The minute I typed “Uma Thurman” in Google, I got this video in my search results. Damn you, Fall Out Boy.

Cele|bitchy | Uma Thurman ‘broke a few bones’ after being thrown from a horse
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That song is catchy as hell.

She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
    Bury me till I confess
    She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
    And I can't get you out of my head
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Never met her, but despite that, I love Uma. Also, she has a reported IQ of 182. Quentin's is 160 (according to the press). She never gets mentioned in "Brilliant Celebrity" articles. I assume it's because she didn't finish high school. Don't know. One thing for sure, this woman could school us all, although I think she'd shy away from being in that position.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    Never met her, but despite that, I love Uma. Also, she has a reported IQ of 182. Quentin's is 160 (according to the press). She never gets mentioned in "Brilliant Celebrity" articles. I assume it's because she didn't finish high school. Don't know. One thing for sure, this woman could school us all, although I think she'd shy away from being in that position.
    I'm always interested in hearing about celebrity IQs and always am curious how these people know what their IQs are. I've gone to several schools and have never had my IQ tested at any of them. I didn't think that was really something people still did? Are these childhood scores?

I don't put much stock in IQ, my son got a very low score on an IQ test (which he took for qualification for a giftedness program) and is unquestionably very intellectually gifted (started learning algebra at 5, reads on an insane level). From the questions I've seen online, I would guess I would do poorly on an IQ type test as well.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

"Broke a few bones" they say dismissively?

I've broken a few bones one at a time, and they hurt like hell.
    darksithbunny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I'm always interested in hearing about celebrity IQs and always am curious how these people know what their IQs are. I've gone to several schools and have never had my IQ tested at any of them. I didn't think that was really something people still did? Are these childhood scores?

I don't put much stock in IQ, my son got a very low score on an IQ test (which he took for qualification for a giftedness program) and is unquestionably very intellectually gifted (started learning algebra at 5, reads on an insane level). From the questions I've seen online, I would guess I would do poorly on an IQ type test as well.
    I cannot speak to IQ testing in general. but after seeing my son through 3 rounds of testing over his 18 years, I honestly believe that the results of traditional testing do not accurately measure the IQs of children with Asperger's. Our kids process information atypically and I don't believe enough thought has gone into assessing their abilities accurately. As for being informed of one's actual score-in all three tests and in my own (when I had a few more functioning brain cells), the results were given in percentiles and not a specific number.

In my experience, while you are in school a teacher or some such authority recommends you to be tested to be in gifted class. It takes hours, if not a couple days. However, I've read often that IQ generally just measures how academically successful you will/can be. There are so many other types of giftedness that aren't tested for, to my knowledge. If someone scores high on an IQ test they are definitely intelligent problem-solvers, but if someone doesn't test well, that doesn't indicate they are "dumb." The validity of these tests does always have to be considered. Is it measuring what we think it is measuring? Maybe we need a greater variety of tests.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    "Broke a few bones" they say dismissively?

I've broken a few bones one at a time, and they hurt like hell.
    I take breaking a few bones over ending up like Christopher Reeve because that's the first thing I think of when I hear that someone fell off a horse.

Thread Information