Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop ‘sex toy guide’ is exactly what you would expect

Default Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop ‘sex toy guide’ is exactly what you would expect

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop ‘sex toy guide’ is exactly what you would expect

Gwyneth Paltrow has been talking about sex a lot lately. Maybe it’s part of her new branding scheme: The Sexual, Sensual Goop In Her 40s. Maybe it’s a late reaction to her divorce. Maybe Brad Falchuk is giving it to her properly. Or maybe it’s a combination of all of the above. In any case, Gwyneth is not content to merely say (odd) words about sex in interviews. This week’s Goop-letter is the first-ever “Sex Issue.” Sex, Goop Style. The Low-Down on Goop’s Downtown. Becky with the Bad Straw Hair has sex. And she wants you to know about it.
    You can see the whole Goop site here. The Sex Issue features an article about an “erotic theater” in LA, because rich people can’t just watch p0rn in the comfort of their own homes anymore. There’s an article about “hormone free” technology to improving your sex life. There’s a Goopy article about whether or not your lube is toxic, and whether you should make your own lube at home. There’s an informative and interesting piece about sexual trauma and psychological scarring, and how that affects one’s sex life.
    But the piece that is getting the most attention is the Goop Sex Toy Guide. Because it wouldn’t be Goop if Gwyneth wasn’t recommending that you spend thousands of dollars on seasonal, artisanal vibrators. I’ll give Goop some credit – there are some affordable recommendations on her list, like a $69 feather toy, Ben Wa balls that only cost $25 and $10 “cleaning spray,” because nothing says romance like Windexing your beav. But because she’s Gwyneth, she has to remind you that only 24-carat gold touches her ‘gina: she is literally recommending a $15,000 24-carat gold dildo. There’s also a $535 whip, a $400 nipple-clamp necklace, and a $156 G-spot App. Yes, there’s an app for that. If you’re a peasant and can’t afford a gold dildo.

https://www.lelo.com/inez

Cele|bitchy | escapism can be smart

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

arie_skop likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

24-carat gold touches her ‘gina: she is literally recommending a $15,000 24-carat gold dildo

wth lol

$10 “cleaning spray,” because nothing says romance like Windexing your beav
    *wipes tears from eyes*

Elite Member

I hope it's fake gold and causes any idiot that buys it to have a green vagina.
    panic and Sassiness like this.

If it's real gold then she'll have a green vagina. Or the dildo will eventually erode. The ph of a healthy vag is about 3.5-4.5
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    If it's real gold then she'll have a green vagina. Or the dildo will eventually erode. The ph of a healthy vag is about 3.5-4.5
    I can't stop laughing. I'm not sure why, but this has to be one of my favorite quotes in the history of forever.

Still laughing.

when i bleach my hair and it's that color... i am wearing a hat going to the drugstore at 2am looking for brown dye to cover the f-up.

(not really but that's what i feel about her hair color)

CANNES LIONS: GWYNETH PALTROW ADMITS TO "TROLL[ING]" WITH SOME GOOP ITEMS
    8:53 AM PDT 6/22/2016 by Rhonda Richford
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-lions-gwyneth-paltrow-admits-905448

“We look for products that will create that kind of reaction," she said of high-ticket items on her lifestyle website.

Gwyneth Paltrow is in on the Goop joke, she said, dismissing criticism of her lifestyle site during a panel discussion at Cannes Lions on Wednesday.
    “We'll link to a $15,000 gold dildo just to troll people,” she said of ultra-expensive products often featured on the site and then discussed by other media outlets. “It’s fun. We look for products that will create that kind of reaction.”
    Goop has a wide range of price points, Paltrow pointed out, despite a common criticism that it’s geared towards a wealthy audience. “It’s an easy criticism to make,” she said. The site is aspirational for sure, but “it’s not a luxury site,” she emphasized. “It’s not about some lofty unattainable lifestyle whatsoever.”
    She said the values of the Goop brand are family, good food, wellness and non-toxic beauty. She said she hopes Goop can create its own organic and non-toxic products in the future.
    “People think I just eat seaweed and a bit of air,” she joked, saying that she does eat junk foods and focuses on enjoying life with balance. “I think there is a tendency to generalize, and that’s OK. I completely accept that’s my path and that's what I’m here to do. I’m here to ask questions and sometimes piss people off.”

She also addressed a 2013 poll that identified her as Hollywood’s “most hated” celebrity. “More than like Chris Brown? What did I do?” she asked the audience. But while Brown might have a criminal record, her history as a Hollywood princess can anger people, she admitted.
    “There is the perception that I grew up very wealthy ... and raised with a silver spoon in my mouth,” she said. She pointed out, though, that when she left college to pursue acting her father cut her off financially. “I didn’t have a trust fund. So it’s not accurate, but I can see how someone would have that perception.”
    The Oscar-winner credited her success to timing "and a bit of talent." Her first role was in godfather Steven Spielberg’s Hook.
    But at this point in her career, she thinks of herself primarily as a businessperson, saying she will do only one film next year.
    Asked if she would follow the lead of Charlize Theron, who demanded to be paid the same as her Huntsman: Winter's War co-star Chris Hemsworth, Paltrow said Hollywood's pay scale is not always unequal.

“I think philosophically it’s very important. I think part of it is a chauvinistic aspect to it. But I also think there are, in a case like Charlize, she deserves to be paid as much if not more. But there are certain cases where they are using different metrics in order to determine prices for people. It’s not always gender-based. I think there are other factors,” she said.
    Responding to recent comments from Salma Hayek that unequal pay is “criminal,” Paltrow said it didn’t reflect the reality of her career, calling it “a special time” in the industry.
    “There were a lot of indie films being made with robust budgets and a lot of female stories,” she said, arguing there are fewer female films today.
    And Paltrow discussed striking a balance between charity work and a life of luxury.
    “You can want to help children who are disenfranchised and don’t have a voice and can’t stick up for themselves and also eat a nice dinner and enjoy the people you love. They’re not mutually exclusive,” she said.
    She also said she is proud of bringing the much-derided term “conscious uncoupling” into the popular lexicon, adding that many people have thanked her for the idea of remaining friends and family through a divorce.

No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Elite Member

Apologies in advance, but this bish makes me wanna... quote festo.

The site is aspirational for sure, but “it’s not a luxury site,” she emphasized. “It’s not about some lofty unattainable lifestyle whatsoever.”
    I'm supposed to aspire to wanting bland cardies and sterling silver panty liners? No thanks.

“People think I just eat seaweed and a bit of air,” she joked, saying that she does eat junk foods and focuses on enjoying life with balance.
    Her recipe books are not balanced, so why would people think her eating habits are?

“There is the perception that I grew up very wealthy
    Because she did.

... and raised with a silver spoon in my mouth,” she said.
    Because she was.

She pointed out, though, that when she left college to pursue acting her father cut her off financially. “I didn’t have a trust fund. So it’s not accurate, but I can see how someone would have that perception.”
    And she had to pay all her expenses from day one? She didn't live rent free in one of mommy's properties?

The Oscar-winner credited her success to timing "and a bit of talent." Her first role was in godfather Steven Spielberg’s Hook.
    Timing, a bit of talent, and the fact that her godfather is Steven Fucking Spielberg. Twat!

“I think philosophically it’s very important. I think part of it is a chauvinistic aspect to it. But I also think there are, in a case like Charlize, she deserves to be paid as much if not more. But there are certain cases where they are using different metrics in order to determine prices for people. It’s not always gender-based. I think there are other factors,” she said.
    And suddenly she seems aware of the realities of the world. She knows that her talent is minimal, and that her career which was built on family connections is now mostly in the shitter, so she acknowledges that she can't bring in the big bucks.

Last edited by idunno; June 23rd, 2016 at 06:34 AM.

Urgh, she's more annoying than ever if that is even possible. But I am pleased to see that her face is frozen into a rictus grin.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLee View Post

She also said she is proud of bringing the much-derided term “conscious uncoupling” into the popular lexicon, adding that many people have thanked her for the idea of remaining friends and family through a divorce.

Riiight. Because she's the only human being ever who managed to divorce amicably for the sake of her children. Of course she was the first person to have that idea.
    idunno, holly, Mrs P and 4 others like this.

The only time I didn't find her insufferable is in the Iron Man movies, apart from that she needs to stfu and go away.
    arie_skop likes this.

Also her initial statement “We'll link to a $15,000 gold dildo just to troll people" shows that her company is just in it for the traffic and the attention. So can anyone take anything from Goop serious?

"she thinks of herself primarily as a businessperson, saying she will do only one film next year." Sure business women like Jessica Biel venturing out to shitty restaurants or Jessica Alba. All of them only do minimal number of movies because no one wants them as part of their project. Together with calling her provocation-posts on her Goop website "Oh we are just trolling everybody" the interview kind of emphasizes that Gwyneth can't do wrong and is very defensive. Gwyneth wants to hear "Gosh you are so clever, so smart by those people at Cannes who work in advertisements.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information