Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Michelle McNamara, writer and wife of Patton Oswalt, dies suddenly at 46

Default Michelle McNamara, writer and wife of Patton Oswalt, dies suddenly at 46

True Crime Diary founder died in her sleep at her Los Angeles home

Michelle McNamara, a crime writer who was married to comedianPatton Oswalt, died Thursday, the Associated Press reports. She was 46.
    No cause of death was given, though Oswalt’s publicist, Kevin McLaughlin of Main Stage Public Relations, said that she died in her sleep at her Los Angeles home.
    Oswalt, whose credits include the sitcom “The King of Queens,” “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and the film”Ratatouille,” married McNamara in 2005.

Also Read: Patton Oswalt Defends Trevor Noah in Epic 53-Tweet Dissection of a Twitter Joke
    McNamara was the founder of the website True Crime Diary, which detailed breaking news and cold cases alike. She eschewed high profile crimes for more obscure stories, writing about the Golden State Killer and the murder of nurse Melanie Howell in 1976.
    “I wanted to get more involved in the cases that were fueling my own curiosity,” McNamara said in a 2007 interview.
    She is survived by Oswalt and their seven-year-old daughter, Alice.
    Froogy likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Wow. That's really sad. I wonder what happened to her?

they seemed private, could have been anything.

honestly though at this point i'm just guessing anyone under 65 is dying of prescription opiate overdoses. (accidental or otherwise).

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...americans-aids

They showed that from 1978 to 1998, the mortality rate for US whites aged 45 to 54 fell by 2% a year, a figure very much in line with the celebrated improvements in health seen in the other countries.
    But after 1998, the death rates of US whites began to buck the trend. While other countries saw their mortality rates continue to fall, they began to rise among middle-aged white non-Hispanic Americans by 0.5% a year. The effect was not confined to the 45- to 54-year-olds. In the 35- to 44-year-old bracket, the mortality rate stopped falling in 2000. For 55- to 59-year-olds, the fall slowed to 0.5% a year.

The researchers cite the surge in the use of powerful opioid painkillers as one contributing factor, with drink and suicide potentially related to people needing relief from pain or mental health problems. But they suspect that financial stress is involved too, with the fall in household incomes among white non-Hispanics being particularly tough on those with no more than a high school education. “It may be that they have less hope about their ability to live a good life,” Case said.

The rise in death rates among middle-aged white Americans means half a million more people have died in the US since 1998 than if the previous trend had continued. The death toll is comparable to the 650,000 Americans who lost their lives during the Aids epidemic from 1981 to the middle of this year, the researchers said.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Could have been an aneurysm.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm sorry to hear about this. She used to give insight on criminal cases from the past on "A Crime to Remember," on the ID Channel.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    they seemed private, could have been anything.

honestly though at this point i'm just guessing anyone under 65 is dying of prescription opiate overdoses. (accidental or otherwise).

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...americans-aids

They showed that from 1978 to 1998, the mortality rate for US whites aged 45 to 54 fell by 2% a year, a figure very much in line with the celebrated improvements in health seen in the other countries.
    But after 1998, the death rates of US whites began to buck the trend. While other countries saw their mortality rates continue to fall, they began to rise among middle-aged white non-Hispanic Americans by 0.5% a year. The effect was not confined to the 45- to 54-year-olds. In the 35- to 44-year-old bracket, the mortality rate stopped falling in 2000. For 55- to 59-year-olds, the fall slowed to 0.5% a year.

The researchers cite the surge in the use of powerful opioid painkillers as one contributing factor, with drink and suicide potentially related to people needing relief from pain or mental health problems. But they suspect that financial stress is involved too, with the fall in household incomes among white non-Hispanics being particularly tough on those with no more than a high school education. “It may be that they have less hope about their ability to live a good life,” Case said.

The rise in death rates among middle-aged white Americans means half a million more people have died in the US since 1998 than if the previous trend had continued. The death toll is comparable to the 650,000 Americans who lost their lives during the Aids epidemic from 1981 to the middle of this year, the researchers said.
    Nary a single mention of the fact the number of overweight/obese population is out of control. Yeah, it's all about those opiods.

Guess how long opiods have been around, guys? And they've been shitloads more accessible in the decades prior than they are now. We (as a general population) just weren't as sick and fat and sedentary and loaded up with processed food and didn't need to be on medications out the ass to the extent we do today.

Have no idea what caused the early death of Patton Oswalt's wife (to try and get back to that) but not everyone dies from opiate overdoses.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Wow, that's awful. And just heart breaking that she had a seven year old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Nary a single mention of the fact the number of overweight/obese population is out of control. Yeah, it's all about those opiods.

Guess how long opiods have been around, guys? And they've been shitloads more accessible in the decades prior than they are now. We (as a general population) just weren't as sick and fat and sedentary and loaded up with processed food and didn't need to be on medications out the ass to the extent we do today.

Have no idea what caused the early death of Patton Oswalt's wife (to try and get back to that) but not everyone dies from opiate overdoses.

i don't really think she died of that. her poor baby.

she was so young.

Poor Patton and his daughter. This makes me worry for him he has such a huge struggle with depression.
    Sassiness likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

And 2016 just keeps rolling on. So sad for Patton and his daughter. At 46 you have an expectation you are gonna wake up in the morning.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This is just so sad. My heart goes out to that seven-year-old and her dad, who now has to pick up the pieces for her as he deals with his own grief. Patton Oswalt is one of those actors that just makes me smile whenever I see him in something.
    yanna likes this.

How sad for her family. Her poor little girl.

As an aside my 5 year old nephew looks like a shrunken Patton.

Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife’s Death

Michelle McNamara died in her sleep unexpectedly a week ago.
    05/01/2016 02:19 pm ET

Julia Brucculieri
    Entertainment Writer, The Huffington Post

Comedian and actor Patton Oswalt shared a touching quote from his daughter, Alice, about her late mother.
    After the sudden death of his wife Michelle McNamara*just over a week ago, Patton Oswalt seems to be getting supportive words of wisdom from their 7-year-old daughter, Alice.

On Sunday, the comedian and actor shared a touching and wise quote from his little girl,*who reminded her dad that memories of her mom will always live on with them.

“When your mom dies you’re the best memory of her. Everything you do is a memory of her.” — Alice Oswalt, 7

— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) May 1, 2016

Since his wife’s death, Oswalt has been mostly silent on social media, while fans and friends shared their condolences. But on Friday, the 47-year-old shared a tweet saying that life with McNamara was “happily humbling.”*

She wrote lines that stung & hummed. 13 years in her presence was happily humbling. #RIPMichelleMcNamara https://t.co/bSYWFFD8NY

— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) April 29, 2016

McNamara, a crime writer, died in her sleep at the age of 46 on April 21. Publicists for both McNamara and Oswalt confirmed the news, though no cause of death was noted.*

Oswalt’s publicist, Kevin McLaughlin, told The Associated Press that her death “was a complete shock to her family and friends, who loved her dearly.”

McNamara married Oswalt in 2005, and the couple welcomed their daughter Alice in 2009.*

Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
    gas_chick likes this.

That poor little girl, it breaks my heart.

That little girl's quote got me right in the feels.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information