Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey's brother calls her 'an evil witch' for not helping sister

Default Mariah Carey's brother calls her 'an evil witch' for not helping sister

Morgan blasts 'evil' singer for 'failing to foot their dying sister's hospital bills'

• Morgan Caret, 51, called his superstar sister 'heartless' for not helping
    • Their HIV-positive sister Alison, 54, needs brain and spine surgery
    • But Mariah cares more about her pets than her siblings, her brother says
    • Mariah, worth around $520million, is engaged to billionaire James Packer
    • Morgan adds the money their sister needs is 'small change' to Mariah

By CIARA FARMER FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 14:23, 13 March 2016 | UPDATED: 19:13, 13 March 2016

Mariah Carey's older brother Morgan has blasted the diva 'an evil witch' over claims she is refusing to pay for medical treatment for their dying sister.
    The 51-year-old called his superstar sister ‘heartless’ for refusing to help pay for their HIV-positive sister Alison's brain and spine surgery.
    He spoke about their ill sister's plight to The Sun on Sunday, before blasting the Fantasy singer for ignoring them, insisting the superstar believes 'the world revolves around her'.
    Mariah, 45, who is worth an estimated $520million, has just become engaged to billionaire James Packer - a point of contention for Morgan who insists she should help with their sibling’s hospital bills.

+5

Lost love: Mariah Carey's brother Morgan has dubbed his superstar sister 'an evil witch' (the duo pictured together prior to their fall out) over claims she is refusing to pay for medical treatment for their dying sister

Alison, 54, a former prostitute, suffered a near brush with death in Hawaii last year, but made a recovery.
    However, she still needs brain and spine surgery.
    Morgan urged the hitmaker to acknowledge the family woes in an appeal made via the publication: 'Your sister is dying and she's struggling and where are you? You think you are so fabulous, but you are a witch.'

He said he has been by Alison’s side during her health problems and flew from Italy, where he lives, to go see her, fearing she would die – but claims Mariah has never visited her in hospital.
    He adds: 'Thankfully, Alison had a miraculous recovery but now she needs brain and spinal surgery and will be going into hospital any day.'

+5

Ill health: Morgan has sent a public plea to the Fantasy singer urging her to help pay for their dying HIV-positive sister Alison's (pictured) brain and spine surgery

+5

Heartless: Morgan Carey (pictured right, with Mariah) blasting his famous sister for ignoring their family, insisting the superstar believes 'the world revolves around her'

Morgan went on to insist that Mariah spends more on her beloved pets than she could easily fork out for her ailing sibling.
    He adds: 'She probably spends more on dog food than it would cost to make sure her sister gets properly cared for.'
    Despite Alison reaching out to her sister ‘over and over again,’ he said the pair of them never hear back.
    Alison, a mother-of-four, became pregnant at 15 and turned to prostitution to fund a drugs habit.
    She revealed she worked as a prostitute in New York to clothe and feed their family before Mariah found fame – and hasn’t spoken to the star properly since having a huge argument in 1994.
    After she was diagnosed with HIV, she then attempted to publish a tell-all book about her sister. The singer reportedly refuses to have her sister's name mentioned in her presence.

+5

Troubled: Alison – who revealed she worked as a prostitute in New York to clothe and feed their family before Mariah found fame - hasn’t spoken to the star properly since having a huge argument in 1994

A few years, she spoke of how she longed to meet her niece and nephew Moroccan and Monroe - Mariah’s four-year-old twins with ex-husband Nick Cannon.
    Additionally, he claims he told his famous sister that his wife suffered a miscarriage, but didn't receive a response.
    MailOnline has contacted a representative for Mariah for comment.
    Last year, Morgan spoke out about his famous sister as he admitted he fears her drinking will kill her – and that he has never seen her sober.
    'I can't say that I have ever been around her when she was sober, and that's very scary,’ he told the National Enquirer,
    According to Morgan, Mariah has allegedly been a heavy drinker since suffering from mental health problems in 2001.
    He revealed that he fears ‘she’ll die like Whitney Houston’ because she allegedly takes a combination of prescription pills.
    'She does not have a support system, and she is not mentally capable,' he said.
    Now, she is heading down the aisle for a third time – after her seven-year marriage to Cannon ended last year.
    Her first marriage to Sony Records boss Tommy Mottola, who discovered her when she was waitressing, ended in divorce in 1998.

But Morgan, who says he hasn’t spoken to his famous sister in more than two years, isn’t hopeful for an invite. The pair fell out after he tried to warn her against marrying Cannon.
    He said he only found out about her latest engagement, to Australian businessman James Packer – worth $4 billion, according to Forbes - through social media.
    Morgan says the money their sister needs is ‘small change’ to Mariah and Packer, 48.
    ‘Why isn’t our millionaire sister and her billionaire fiancé helping out?’
    He threw further insults in the way of his sister, saying that he doesn’t believe the newly-engaged couple are in love.
    His sister is only in love with herself and her $5million engagement ring, he says.

Read more: Mariah Carey blasted by brother Morgan for 'not paying dying sister's hospital bills' | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Gosh, can't imagine why she wants nothing to do with her family. Seems like they try to sell her out often.
    Angeli, fgg, Novice and 3 others like this.

I'm on the fence. 1st. Why should she be obligated to pay for her sister's medical bills?? 2.But then again, that's her sister, she should reach out before she dies.

As they say, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...seems not so wise to be insulting and badmouthing someone when you're asking them for money. And just because it's a "drop in the bucket" for her doesn't mean she's morally obligated to help, and probably feels less so since they're trying to embarrass her publicly. If they haven't spoken in 20+ years, it must be a hell of a rift.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

There's only so much you can do to help a drug addict. Still, I'd definitely pay my sisters medical bills, even if she was a drug addict, who had betrayed me before. Family is family.
    mostlylurking likes this.

I give Mariah the benefit of the doubt here. She did pay for her sisters drug related issues, but stopped that. Maybe she does not want to be an enabler anymore. Her family seems to be awfully greedy, trying to get some money out of her.
    Beeyotch and snoopqueen like this.

She's worth 520 million and doesn't help her sister? That's beyond horrible, no matter what the siblings say about her, Mariah could be the the bigger person and add a few years to her sister's life. I've read other stories of Mariah's selfishness over the years, never thought much of her.
    Brookie, holly, rollo and 2 others like this.

Elite Member

I don't really think she's a horrible person for not paying. It sounds like she's tried to help her siblings out but they are not very likeable people. It's gross that she is expected to pay because she's rich they don't talk to her unless they need money.
    fgg, Beeyotch and snoopqueen like this.

She has no obligation to pay for her sister's bills. That said, with her worth, it'd be worth it to just pay her medical bills (to the hospital directly, not to the family) to avoid the bad publicity.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Last year, Morgan spoke out about his famous sister as he admitted he fears her drinking will kill her – and that he has never seen her sober.
    'I can't say that I have ever been around her when she was sober, and that's very scary,’ he told the National Enquirer,
    According to Morgan, Mariah has allegedly been a heavy drinker since suffering from mental health problems in 2001.
    He revealed that he fears ‘she’ll die like Whitney Houston’ because she allegedly takes a combination of prescription pills.
    'She does not have a support system, and she is not mentally capable,' he said.
    This guy sounds like his recollection of events would be in question - he has been painting Mariah as a drug-addicted alcoholic and says she has been so basically since 2001. Except, she gave birth to healthy twins, and is dating a billionaire guy (Packer) who presumably has his head squarely on his shoulders. Quite frankly, I feel like there have been LESS stories about her weird behavior lately than there have been in the past.

He also says their sister is "dying" but needs brain and spine surgery. Is he saying that she will die if she doesn't get brain and spine surgery? Or is some kind of invasive brain and spine surgery needed to provide palliative relief while she is dying? The story is pretty unclear on that.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Elite Member

Eh, he makes extra money by selling stories to gossip rags, the sister tried to write an entire book about her.

Just because they are your biological family, doesn't mean that you owe leeches anything. After a while, you just get tired of being used, it doesn't make a difference if you're rich or not.
    Makisa, Trixie, deenz and 7 others like this.

Mariah was in a co-dependent first marriage and must have had some effective therapy afterwards if she was able to walk away from what are obviously very dysfunctional and demanding siblings. It is so hard to get out of the enablement web. There's more to this story.
    Last edited by qwerty; March 14th, 2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: bad grammar
    Trixie, mostroop, Janus and 5 others like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

So they can sell stories about her any time they need cash, and then blackmail/slander her if she doesn't pay their bills when asked? I'm no fan or Mariah, but her family sounds like a bunch of users that expect to be on her bankroll, even when they tell the press she's an alcoholic/pill popper/whatever.

Elite Member

That is weird, I noticed the whole "dying" bit but yet she's having 2 major surgeries, spinal surgery makes little sense for palliative care.
    Also even if Mariah doesn't pay for the surgery it doesn't mean she can't get it unless it's some experimental surgery.

Someone once told me that sometimes it's easier to throw money at situations especially if you have it and you don't want to get involved. I think Mariah could pay for the medical bills directly, but nothing more. That way they can't say she didn't help and she won't feel guilty later on. Who knows, maybe she has already.
    Belt Up likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information