Thread: Second Wachowski Sibling Comes Out as Transgender

Elite Member

Default Second Wachowski Sibling Comes Out as Transgender

From Yahoo.com:

Second Wachowski Sibling Comes Out as Transgender

Alex Stedman
    Variety
    March 8, 2016
    The second Wachowski sibling of “The Matrix” trilogy has come out as a transgender woman, with Andy Wachowski, now going by the name Lilly, making an announcement on Tuesday.

Lilly’s sister and directing partner, Lana, came out as transgender years ago. In a statement to Windy City News, Lilly said she was at risk of being outed by the media.

According to her statement, Lilly was approached by a reporter at U.K. outlet the Daily Mail, who asked Lilly if she could “have my picture taken and tell my story which was so inspirational!”

Lilly went on to slam the Daily Mail’s history with transgender issues.

“It was the ‘news’ organization that had played a huge part in the national public outing of Lucy Meadows, an elementary school teacher and trans woman in the UK,” she wrote. “And now here they were, at my front door, almost as if to say — ‘There’s another one! Let’s drag ’em out in the open so we can all have a look!'”

“So yeah, I’m transgender,” she went on. “And yeah, I’ve transitioned.”

I thought this was really interesting. Hadn't heard a word about this. Stinks that the media was going to out her.

I read she was basically forced to come out by the Daily Mail, which is absolutely awful.
    Here is an article detailing what happened, with her comments: Second Wachowski filmmaker sibling comes out as trans - 84149 - Gay Lesbian Bi Trans News Archive - Windy City Times
    Sassiness likes this.

^^ such a sad article.
    it's hilarious that the daily fail reporter needed to emphasize it's totally not a tabloid, but a serious newspaper.
    czb likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

She's really adorkable.

BootsyCJr likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Most of their movies are pretty crappy. I loved Bound and The Matrix tho. I was always hoping for Matrix sequels. But they never came.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    She's really adorkable.

Much more attractive than Caitlynn.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information