Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: Australian Olympian Rower Sarah Tait dies (33)

Default Australian Olympian Rower Sarah Tait dies (33)

Australian Olympic medallist rower Sarah Tait dies aged 33
    Nicole MorleyNicole Morley for Metro.co.ukThursday 3 Mar 2016 8:45 am
    Australian Olympic medallist rower Sarah Tait dies aged 33
    Silver medallists Sarah Tait has died aged 33 (Picture: Getty)

Sarah Tait has died aged 33, Rowing Australia has announced.
    Sarah Tait Olympic medallist rower dies aged 33 of cervical cancer | Metro News
    The Australian rower retired from the sport in 2014 as she battled cancer.

Tait won silver at the Olympic Games in 2012 alongside Kate Hornsey in the women’s pair.
    Sarah Tait and Kate Hornsey of Australia celebrate with their medals at London 2012 (Picture: Getty)
    Sarah Tait and Kate Hornsey of Australia celebrate with their medals at London 2012 (Picture: Getty)

A statement on behalf of the family on Rowing Australia’s website read: ‘The Tait and Outhwaite families are sad to inform of the peaceful passing of Sarah Tait after a long and hard-fought battle with cancer.

‘Bill, Leila, Luca and the wider Tait and Outhwaite families continue to be grateful for the support and love that has been shared with Sarah and them through this difficult time.

‘The families are enormously proud of the positive impact Sarah has made on so many throughout her life, and know she will be dearly missed.’
    Sarah Tait died following a battle with cancer (Picture: Getty)
    Sarah Tait died following a battle with cancer (Picture: Getty)

Australian Rowing head coach Chris O’Brien said: ‘Sarah has been, and will continue to be, an inspiration to many Australian rowers. She was a strong role model to many young athletes but was particularly influential with our emerging female athletes.

‘Sarah was one of rowing’s most successful and impressive female athletes who has left a permanent mark on our sport.’

She was a three-time Olympian, competing in the women’s eights at Athens in 2004 and Beijing in 2008.

She was coached by her husband Bill, and at the London Games she was the first mother to row for Australia at the Olympic Games following the birth of their first child, Leila, in 2009.

The AOC said Tait was diagnosed with cancer following the birth of her second child, Luca, in March 2013.y
    Last edited by Novice; March 4th, 2016 at 12:58 AM.

ouch. too young.
    Brookie likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yeah that is awful. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Damn...cervical cancer. They tell women it's a slow, non-aggressive cancer, but a lot of people lately have died from it....what gives?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Damn...cervical cancer. They tell women it's a slow, non-aggressive cancer, but a lot of people lately have died from it....what gives?
    There's 2 kinds of cervical cancer; adenocarcinoma which is harder to detect and squamous cell. From there, there's "sub-cancers" invasive carcinoma and carcinoma in situ. In situ usually affects younger women (25-35) while invasive usually strikes older women (45-50) The risk factors are the same but there are some that raise the stakes higher- women with multiple pregnancies, smokers, compromised immune systems, etc. In situ left, untreated can, turn invasive in as little as 2 years. If you're diagnosed before stage 3 you have about 60% chance of 5 year survival, stage 3 it's around 35% 5 year survival and stage 4 is about 15%.

Sadly, a lot of PAPs are believed to be read incorrectly by Pathology, taken wrong by the physician, etc. Often what is deemed normal actually isn't. False negative is around 20% and about half of that is attributed to faulty sampling techniques.
    Last edited by Charmed Hour; March 4th, 2016 at 01:00 PM.

Wow. Far too young. If only the kiddy fiddlers and other arses got cancer and died, but not good people.

I hate this title, I keep reading it as Tati.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

this is really sad, RIP

How awful. So young.

Elite Member

Horrible. RIP.

Thread Information