Like Tree24Likes
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 5 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 8 Post By Mrs P
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By Novice
  • 7 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Kristin Scott Thomas: English style is ‘terrible’, ‘everyone is orange’

Default Kristin Scott Thomas: English style is ‘terrible’, ‘everyone is orange’

Kristin Scott Thomas: English style is ‘terrible’, ‘everyone is orange’

Kristin Scott Thomas is arguably one of England’s finest actresses. Too bad she’s spent much of the past thirty years living in France and mostly making French films. Kristin is 55 years old now and she has strong opinions about aging in front of cameras, and how women over 40 are treated not just in Hollywood, but in the world at large. She gave an interview to a French magazine which got translated by the Daily Mail, and she seems to be saying that if she was still living in England, she would probably not be working that much. Because in England, the new face of beauty is orange and wearing a miniskirt in November. Her words!

She is one of our most feted actresses and was awarded a damehood for services to drama in 2015 by the Queen. Sadly, however, Kristin Scott Thomas does not appear to have much affection for her fellow Englishwomen. The Cornwall-born star of The English Patient and Four Weddings And A Funeral, who moved to France when she was 19, has launched a withering attack on her compatriots’ lack of style.

‘French women make getting dressed seem simple . . . and they can be attractive without abusing their sexy side,’ says Kristin. ‘There is no vulgarity, it’s all about subtlety. The English are terrible and very much the opposite, like they wear mini skirts when they don’t have the legs for it. In France, that would obviously be in bad taste. French women would never get drunk on a Saturday in a mini skirt in November.’

Her cutting remarks follow previous criticism of Britain’s treatment of older women: ‘I’m still asked to do leading roles in France; never in the UK. People will ask me why, and I don’t really know, apart from this idea that in France, people are less afraid of older women or of getting old.’

In her latest interview, which she conducted in French, Kristin adds: ‘I think the French are more natural. They’re more interested in taking care of themselves. The English are much more concerned with what is fashionable. They follow all the latest trends, even though they all look the same. Right now, for example, English girls are all wearing buns on their heads! And they love tanning, especially fake tan, which means, by summer, everyone is orange.’

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I agree with her for the most part, but I think she is skipping over some tasteful ladies. There are a few.
    sparkles and Lalasnake like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I didn't read anything. Just looked at her picture. Love her.
    palta, BITTER, Alysheba and 2 others like this.

I was either tan or orange in Cali, Vegas and Arizona. I stopped doing that shit when I moved to England. Yeah, there are some oompa loompa looking broads, but not the majority that I saw in the west coast of the states. I'm still pale white now, back in the states, and people make comments as to why I don't tan. Ugh, fake tan smells gross and the real one will give me cancer. So deal with my pastiness.

I thought orange British people would only be in certain parts of England. Kind of like orange would be in Jersey. Sorry Jersey GossipRockers. Love you guys.

Well, French women are very chic (although not all) and Brits can be orange and chav but definitely not all. She's probably referring to the ones she sees at red carpet events - Cheryl et al.
    Sassiness likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Newcastle makes sense then for Cheryl.

She needs to get out more & stop watching TOWIE.....
    Kittylady likes this.

Everything I know about British fashion I learned from following the Aintree ladies' day news.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Thread Information