Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SHELLEE

Thread: Roseanne Barr to open a marijuana dispensary called Roseanne's Joint

Default Roseanne Barr to open a marijuana dispensary called Roseanne's Joint

Roseanne Barr to open a marijuana dispensary called Roseanne’s Joint

We heard last week that Woody Harrelson was going to open a marijuana dispensary in Hawaii. Another pot-loving celebrity, Roseanne Barr, 63, plans to open a dispensary in her name in Santa Ana, California called Roseanne’s Joint. Apparently she suffers from glaucoma and macular degeneration and uses marijuana to treat the condition. (Pot temporarily lowers intraocular pressure.) Roseanne was brought into the venture by her now-partner, a lawyer named Aaron Herzberg who has worked with her for years. Herzberg says that the shop will sell unique pot strains and pot-laced, chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. Did you know Roseanne is a macadamia nut farmer? She is! Here’s more on her planned business:

Barr will be an investor and have a licensing agreement with a dispensary that’s one of 20 that won a city lottery last year allowing it to apply to operate in Santa Ana, the actress’ spokesman and the dispensary’s partners said this week.

The dispensary will be called Roseanne’s Joint and will sell marijuana products bearing its name, said partner Aaron Herzberg, 46. It will feature Barr’s unique pot strains and products such as pot-laced, chocolate-covered macadamia nuts grown on her farm, he said.
    The actress also will make occasional appearances there, he said.
    “I’m proud to be a cultural pioneer at the forefront of another wave of progress! And we’re proud of the city of Santa Ana as we continue to move into the era of recognizing cannabis as the natural, therapeutic, herbal substance medical science has proven it to be,” Barr said in a statement. “Roseanne’s Joint will be a responsible, contributing member of, and addition to, the community….
    “We think it will bring credibility and a good name and frankly, good values,” Herzberg said. “But we also hope that it will create within the community a sense that marijuana is here to stay in California, that it’s getting legitimized and that serious names are coming to the table.”
    She has “been involved in the design process personally,” Herzberg said, and has asked that the dispensary offer customers “a very high-end, premium experience with very rustic wood floors and a very open environment.”
    [From OC Register via Jezebel]

Everything I know about the marijuana business I learned from Weeds so my assumptions may be false (spoilers for Weeds) but the lead character Nancy ended up rich at the end when marijuana became legal and was sold in coffee shops. This “high end premium experience” pot shop sounds like the final episode of Weeds to me, when it was the future and weed shops were as prevalent as Starbucks. This is a prime time to get into the marijuana business and it seems like a total growth industry. I want to put a plug in for Roseanne’s Joint so they send me some of those chocolate pot nuts, but it’s not legal to mail those yet unfortunately. Plus I need a prescription at this point. I have anxiety.

photos credit: WENN and Getty

« Previous Post Next Post »

Cele|bitchy | Roseanne Barr to open a marijuana dispensary called Roseanne’s Joint
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I have anxiety.

Don't we all. *sigh* Unfortunately, I live in the Midwest, so they probably won't have any fancy pot boutiques around here in my lifetime. Too bad, because those pot-laced chocolate macadamia nuts sound like they'd make great Christmas gifts.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I would love to enjoy some chocolate nuts with her.

Love the name.
    Angeli likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information