Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Matt Damon To Leonardo DiCaprio: You Don’t Have To Try So Hard

Default Matt Damon To Leonardo DiCaprio: You Don’t Have To Try So Hard

Matt Damon To Leonardo DiCaprio: You Don’t Have To Try So Hard To Make An Award-Winning Movie

February 9, 2016 / Posted by: Allison
    38 Reactions

It’s no secret that Leonardo DiCaprio worked harder for his Oscar nomination this year than….I’m not sure what, actually. Nothing works harder than Leonardo DiCaprio trying to get an Oscar. Leo worked his yacht-lounging ass off during the making of The Revenant. Leo damn near froze to death. Leo ate raw bison livers. Leo had to rassle a bear. I haven’t seen The Revenant, but I’m sure Leo busts out some ugly cry face too. Leo was probably feeling pretty good about all the acting overtime he put in too. That is until Matt Damon swooped in and, like my over-it friend when I tried to milk a twisted ankle for three weeks, reminded him he needs to stop being so fucking dramatic.

Vanity Fair says that Matt Damon joked about Leo’s “OMG I worked so haaard” award season hustle during his introduction of The Martian director Ridley Scott at the Director’s Guild Awards on Saturday night. Both Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio have both been nominated for all the same Best Actor awards this year, but according to Matt, he didn’t have to suck back bison organs to get his.

“Every night at 6 o’clock, the horn blew and Ridley and I went to dinner. And that’s how you make a movie, and we finished the film really early and we saved 2 million bucks. And Leo – we weren’t cold at all. I’m just sayin’. There’s another way to do it.”

Well that’s easy for Matt to say – he already has an Oscar! He doesn’t know what it’s like to lay awake at night, tossing and turning on top of a pile of naked models, wonder what he’s got to do to win one. “Do I have to beat off a goddamn CGI bear while looking like something that was pulled out of a bus station toilet??? Cause I’ll do it!

Here’s Leo DiCaprio, who probably got a major boner from the sight of all those Oscar silhouettes, and Matt Damon, who looks like a dude who wants to sell you a 36-month lease on a Kia Sedona, at the Oscars nominee luncheon yesterday.

Pics: Splash, Wenn.com
    Tags: Alejandro González Iñárritu, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, The Shade Of It All

Dlisted | Matt Damon To Leonardo DiCaprio: You Don’t Have To Try So Hard To Make An Award-Winning Movie
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

That's kind of funny.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

What Matt doesn't have is an acting Oscar. But my like for Matt is dissipating and has been for the past couple of years.
    And some say he won an Oscar for a script that he didn't even write....hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    What Matt doesn't have is an acting Oscar. But my like for Matt is dissipating and has been for the past couple of years.
    And some say he won an Oscar for a script that he didn't even write....hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Neither does Leo. I mean he will this year seeing they've stacked the deck in his favour.
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee123 View Post
    Neither does Leo. I mean he will this year seeing they've stacked the deck in his favour.
    I am not watching this year; I only watch the red carpet pre-Oscar stuff anyway to see how everyone is dressed. As for the awards, my faves seldom win and I do think that they are rigged.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I'm going to have to give Dicaprio a nod over Damon. Damon knows that all he did was pretend to Skype in front of a green screen for two hours while Dicaprio actually went into this thing we call the "actual outdoors".
    BITTER, SoCalMarie, joebob and 5 others like this.

Sometimes Matt Damon has a terrible attitude.

BITTER, joebob and Bluebonnet like this.

I have an undying love for Damon because of Stuck on you, god help me I love that stupid movie. "We're not Siamese, we're American.".
    sputnik, gas_chick and sparkles like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I had an unintentional matt marathon and he was ok altogether but I want leo to get his damned oscar finally ffs. So i can go back not caring and sniggering at his dad bod over determined 20yr old victoria secret girls.
    bootspaige likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I always thought the rumor was that Matt wrote the script and Ben was just along for the ride.

I'm starting to love Matt Damon and his smart mouth and bitchy comments. For years he pretended he was all Mr. Nice Guy but now it seems like he doesn't care if the world knows he's a bit of an asshole and it only makes me like him more.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm hoping that Leo doesn't just because I can't get enough of his "I'm sooooo happy for you" face when he loses.
    faithanne and arie_skop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I'm starting to love Matt Damon and his smart mouth and bitchy comments. For years he pretended he was all Mr. Nice Guy but now it seems like he doesn't care if the world knows he's a bit of an asshole and it only makes me like him more.
    Kinda makes me think he's hot
    sputnik, JazzyGirl and Brah like this.

I don't care for Matt Damon and I love Leo so...I really don't need to say anything else, but I will (hah).

I don't think that it's very professional (or kind) to poke fun at when an actor decides to brave elements or make drastic appearance changes in an effort to accurately portray their story. It's their JOB! Just because Matt Damon doesn't choose to take on those roles doesn't make him any better (or any less) of an actor and vice versa. Kind of a snarky comment IMO.

But please dear Academy, just give Leo a damn Oscar already.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I love both of them. I think Damon is still mad about the thrashing that Dicaprio gave him in "The Departed".

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information