Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Shane Warne chats about ex Liz Hurley and her relationship with Hugh Grant

Default Shane Warne chats about ex Liz Hurley and her relationship with Hugh Grant

Liz Hurley's Ex-Fiancé Talks About Her Uncomfortably Close Friendship with Hugh Grant: 'It All Just Got Too Hard'

Shane Warne, Elizabeth Hurley and Hugh Grant
    Brad Hunter/Newspix/REX/Shutterstock; David M. Benett/Getty

By Philip Boucher @philipboucher

02/05/2016 AT 01:25 PM EST

Think two's company and three's a crowd?

Then spare a thought for Australian cricket legend Shane Warne, who said he had to compete with The Man From U.N.C.L.E. star Hugh Grant throughout his whirlwind relationship with English beauty Elizabeth Hurley.

"It's hard on your new relationship when you're really good friends with the exes," Warne, 46, said on Australia's I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! reality show, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

"Elizabeth was really good friends with Hugh, who is like her best friend," he said to his castmates while they lounged in the African jungle. "When I used to go back to Australia, if she wasn't leaving London, he'd come and spend the weekend at the house.

"I went, 'I tell you what. Tell him to come when I'm there,' " Warne adds, before revealing that he also told Hurley, "Well, I knew Hugh before I knew you, so just tell him to come over. But she said, 'Oh no, he feels uncomfortable.' "

Grant, 55, and Hurley, 50, dated for 13 years before they split in May 2000. The Royals actress later married Indian textile millionaire Arun Nayar in March 2007, before filing for divorce in March 2011 citing "unreasonable behavior" around the time she was romantically linked to Warne.

The pair then enjoyed a high profile, whirlwind romance that Warne describes as including a "high lust factor." The pair had a year-long engagement before splitting in 2012.

"Contrary to what anyone writes, I didn't do anything wrong, she didn't do anything wrong, it all just got too hard," Warne added.

Despite the closeness during their relationship, Warne also insists that Grant – who recently welcomed a baby girl with Swedish TV presenter Anna Eberstein, 37, – is not romantically tied to Hurley in any way."

When asked by his fellow I'm A Celebrity… contestants about the possibility, he added in typical blunt Aussie style "Nah, they are just friends."
    Liz Hurley's Ex-Fiance Talks Uncomfortable Friendship with Hugh Grant : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I have to admit I'm hooked on this show and it wouldn't surprise me if he won the whole thing. We love Warnie down here.

The way he described Hugh and Liz was weird though. I think he forgot for a minute he was on national television.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

On WWHL recently, Hugh said Liz was his best friend. He said they're just as close as they were when they were a couple, just without the sex.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Uh huh.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I have to admit I'm hooked on this show and it wouldn't surprise me if he won the whole thing. We love Warnie down here.

The way he described Hugh and Liz was weird though. I think he forgot for a minute he was on national television.

I must admit the show has got me a bit hooked too..Although as far as Warnie goes noone in my circle could stand him. But have to say that his personality on the show is better than I gave him credit
    for so am willing to change my mind about him.
    arie_skop and Sassiness like this.

Elite Member

Shane’s daughter: “She didn’t let us say Liz”

Shane’s daughter: “She didn’t let us say Liz”

Australian Women's Weekly
    1 day ago

© Australian Women's Weekly

Shane Warne’s daughter has revealed exactly what she thinks of her dad’s ex, Elizabeth Hurley.

14-year-old Summer Warne spoke to KIIS 101.1s Matt and Meshel about Shane’s claims that Liz is still “best friends” with Hugh Grant.

“At Liz’s London house, actually I should say Elizabeth, she didn’t really let us say Liz,” said Summer.

“But anyway, he (Hugh Grant) was over when we were there and it was kind of awkward but it was OK. I guess it wasn’t the best vibe.”

(© Australian Women's Weekly) Summer, in red.

So, how did they refer to her?

“I didn’t really like the term of calling her ‘stepmum’, but we did come up with a nickname at the airport one time,” she said.

“It was ‘Mumma 2’ but I don’t know, it didn’t really feel right.”

(© Australian Women's Weekly) Shane with his children

However, it seems that Summer isn’t too upset that the relationship ended between Liz and Shane.

“I don’t think she (Hurley) was the right, right person that I would get along with,” said Summer, “I don’t really miss it that much”.

*His three babies are cuties.

Oh boo hoo. How many women did his ex wife have to share him with? I get he's a great sportsman, but as a person I can't stand him. No idea how he scored so many women.
    Last edited by Serendipity; February 7th, 2016 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Wrong word
    Sassiness likes this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post

Speak for yourself! Can't stand him. Wish he'd just come out and admit that he's had work done on his face.
    exippy and Sassiness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    On WWHL recently, Hugh said Liz was his best friend. He said they're just as close as they were when they were a couple, just without the sex.
    Like my parents. Got divorced after two kids and 7 years but they've lived under the same roof (s) more or less ever since they first moved in together. They both had/have their outside "romantic" lives but they rely on each other in hard times (while constantly bitching about the other).

I am living with my ex since 98 we divorced.It can be done long as it serves both.It is not the norm,but nothing in life is,anyway..

'Liz' forgot the gagging order on his kids.
    arie_skop and panic like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I saw Jamie Foxx on Kimmel - his parents have also been divorced for 20 years but live together. He said when his dad brings a woman home his mom will pretend she needs something in the fridge and be all nosy, "Oh, hiiiii, James, oh, who is this?"
    MohandasKGanja and panic like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by exippy View Post
    I must admit the show has got me a bit hooked too..Although as far as Warnie goes noone in my circle could stand him. But have to say that his personality on the show is better than I gave him credit
    for so am willing to change my mind about him.
    The UK version drove me up the wall, but again I'm addicted to the Australian version. I blame Bondi Vet. I'd watch him paint a wall.

This was a weird move by Warnie. I can't decide if he deliberately did it, or if he did just genuinely forget for a minute that everything he said was being recorded and could be used by the TV show later on...

One thing though Warnie: WEAR SOME FUCKING SHORTS. I swear every time they're in camp, he just hanging out in his undies. I don't need to see Warnie's budgies being smuggled....

^I don't know if you watched last season, but I would rather see Warnie in his undies than Merv Hughes.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My best friend is my ex and yeah, we are still as tight with each other as Liz and Hugh apparently are. It can get a bit awkward sometimes when me, ex and my Bloke are all together but it's just a momentary thing at best that soon passes as the sons of bitches then start ganging up on me to take the piss out of me. Leave Kitty a-lone!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information