Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Sofía Vergara: I Don't Understand Why Women Get Upset About Being Objectified

Default Sofía Vergara: I Don't Understand Why Women Get Upset About Being Objectified

Sofia Vergara: I Don't Understand Why Women Get Upset About Being Objectified

Sofia Vergara gives a sultry stare on the cover of Net-a-Porter’s The Edit magazine.
    Here’s what the 43-year-old Modern Family star had to share with the mag:
    On diversity in Hollywood: “I’m really not one to complain. I mean, seriously, how dare I! Here I am on prime-time television with this stupid accent, I can’t trash anyone. It would be so ungrateful of me because, trust me, I’ve been treated like a queen. Of course [the opportunities] can’t compare to an American or Caucasian woman’s, but things are changing. The problem is not the networks or directors: it’s that there aren’t enough writers creating things for Latinos. Once we have more Latinos writing, that’s when things may really start to change…”

On female objectification: “I’ve never understood why women get so offended [by being objectified]. I just don’t believe in all that drama, which is why I’ve made a whole joke out of it. I am secure enough not to take it all that seriously, and I like to laugh at myself. My husband was a male stripper in Magic Mike XXL – do you think he was offended by [the objectification]? I thought it was hilarious. As for whether he has ever danced for me, I really couldn’t say…”

On her body: “My body has changed with age. People will often say that I wear the same thing on the red carpet, but I know my body: it’s very voluptuous and I’ve got the boobs of a stripper. They’re a 32DDD and because they’re real, they’re everywhere, so I need my dresses to have structure – and under armor. There is so much going on under my dresses that I bleed at the end of award ceremonies. In ten years I think it would be good to have a reduction. I don’t think it’s even going to be an option not to [have surgery], because I’m going to start having back pains. I wouldn’t make them too small –just enough that I don’t end up looking like an old stripper.”

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

In ten years she thinks a reduction would be a good idea? Give me a break. She's 40, if they haven't given her back pain by now...More like she'll want a reconstruction/upgrade by then.
    Mrs P likes this.

I understand why some women don't want to be objectified. I also understand why some women don't mind it at all. Not a difficult concept to grasp. Why would she expect all women, or any group of people, to feel the same way about anything? Different strokes. We're people that way.
    sputnik, tulip, idunno and 9 others like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I understand why some women don't want to be objectified. I also understand why some women don't mind it at all. Not a difficult concept to grasp. Why would she expect all women, or any group of people, to feel the same way about anything? Different strokes. We're people that way.
    That was my first thought -- we all don't have to feel the same way. Just because you don't mind it, doesn't mean others won't.

I have such irrational hate for this woman. I most likely won't agree with 90% of what she says.
    idunno, rollo, arie_skop and 2 others like this.

Elite Member

Well, her career is pretty much based upon being objectified. I wonder how she'll feel in 10 years, when she is no longer considered attractive enough to be objectified, and the roles run dry. She might even feel that women should be valued for more than their looks.

^^good point. Easy to enjoy being objectified when it's your bread and butter, as it was her husband's in that movie she was talking about. But what about women who aren't paid to be objectified in the work place but are anyway. That could get annoying when you're just trying to do your job.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Aren't there pics of her breast when they were smaller? Now she's claiming they are all real??

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yeah, I didn't think they were real either but then she wouldn't be objectified.
    sputnik, czb and holly like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

that's the youngest i've ever seen her.

I would have a problem being objectified if I actually cared about the opinions of people who would objectify me instead of seeing me as a whole person. But I don't so I don't.
    Sojiita and gas_chick like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

10 years from now, she is going to look like Charo.

arie_skop and Air Quotes like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I am something like 7-10 bra sizes larger than hers and have never had back pain. It's possible.

I am objectified all the time because of my breast size. I work in a professional environment and yet people feel the need to comment on the size of my breasts- to my face! I get that my breast size is unusual, but it's odd that people think it's appropriate to comment on it... all the time. It sucks and I feel that people take me less seriously because of it. I haven't gotten a reduction yet but I am seriously considering doing so. It just sucks to think that I have to resort to surgery to alter my natural body in order to be taken seriously in my profession- a profession that has nothing to do with physical appearance. In my situation, being objectified sucks.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Her husband taking a pretend role that requires he be objectified for a couple of hours is not the same thing as women in general being valued for their looks first, in the real world, where that objectification reduces women to tits and ass everyday.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Well, her career is pretty much based upon being objectified. I wonder how she'll feel in 10 years, when she is no longer considered attractive enough to be objectified, and the roles run dry. She might even feel that women should be valued for more than their looks.
    She will begin to ask for more serious roles.........
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Well this was basically going to be my reply so I will just quote it.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information