Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: George Clooney Adopts Ohio Shelter Dog That Nobody Else Wanted

Default George Clooney Adopts Ohio Shelter Dog That Nobody Else Wanted

George Clooney Adopts Ohio Shelter Dog That Nobody Else Wanted - The Dogington Post

When LuvFurMutts rescued Nate, a terrier who was born with a birth defect that affects his leg, they were determined to find him the perfect forever family.

But, because of his defects, no one wanted to adopt the crippled dog. He was born with several birth defects. A barrel chest, a leg that swayed. He walked like a Hyena.

“When we took Nate to adoption events, people would stare and kids would point,” LuvFurMutts explained on Facebook. “Several people applied to adopt him but then said no when they met him. He was with us 9 months. The lowest point came when an adopter cried when she met him and said she would be depressed the rest of her life if she had to look at him every day.”

Little did the rescue know, George Clooney and his wife, Amal, were following Nate’s story.

George Clooney’s parents, Nick and Nina, had recently lost their terrier and were finally ready to find love and friendship with a new furry friend. George had a feeling Nate was a perfect fit.

The actor showed his parents Nate’s videos on YouTube. He asked his father, Nick, how he felt about Nate’s birth defects, to which he replied, “I guess it sounds like he gets around just as good as we do anymore!”

George and Amal adopted little Nate for George’s parents.

The family could have had any dog in the world, and they chose a crippled little mutt that nobody else wanted – and they love him just the way he is.

Nate will live out the rest of his life being spoiled rotten with Nick and Nina Clooney in Kentucky – just as he deserves.

It’s the perfect Hollywood ending!
    & before anyone accuses me of double posting this is a different dog than they one they adopted in California back in November - George And Amal Clooney Adopted A Very Lucky Shelter Dog Named Millie

Pleiades likes this.

I'll be right back, I need to get a tissue.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

WTF is wrong with people? She be depressed for the rest of her life? If she had said that to me it would have been 30 seconds. That pup would be a brilliant adoption, it would be SO happy to see you every day, small for today's houses apartments and walking like a hyena? Individual with quirks. Perfect!

Glad he's found the right fit.

The lowest point came when an adopter cried when she met him and said she would be depressed the rest of her life if she had to look at him every day
    I would've told that bitch "Funny, your mom said the same thing but she still kept YOU"

Blacklist that 'adopter' at every single shelter.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I'm the type of person who's drawn to the underdog so I'd be adopting that dog in no time. Anyone who loves and treats animals as family are ok in my book.
    Pleiades, holly and ConstanceSpry like this.

'she would be depressed the rest of her life if she had to look at him every day.'

​Can I find this woman so I can slap her?!
    "Your depression depresses me so I thought I'd slap you"
    Pleiades and holly like this.

I love dogs like this. My SO loves them even more! He's always on the look out for a three legged, one eyed, overbite dog or cat.

Anyone here follow Tuna? Nothing is better than Tuna

Pleiades, Neptunia, McJag and 8 others like this.

Silver Member

My last little guy, a three legged pup, with a whole side *compressed*, lived for 17 1/2 years. He was my best friend. Now I have two more I inherited when my parents passed away unexpectedly. My littlest guy has heart ailments as well syringomyelia and he's on meds for life. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. They've taught me alot and I'm always reminded of that D. H. Lawrence quote "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. a small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
    sluce, idunno, Honeythorn and 6 others like this.

"The lowest point came when an adopter cried when she met him and said she would be depressed the rest of her life if she had to look at him every day."

People depress me. Every day.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; January 27th, 2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Laurent, twitchy2.0, holly and 1 others like this.

I love animals that are different. Anyone follow Lil' Bub or Princess Monster Truck? I love these two babies. Especially Monster, her teefs and that face are too much!

Lil Bub

Princess Monster Truck Forever

Friends would ask us why we adopted a 3-legged 1-eyed cat. We'd answer "because they were out of 2-legged, no-eyed cats.

At the same time we had a cat subject to seizures where she'd go rigid, lose consciousness, bite her tongue & spray involuntarily.

We had both for 15 years.

Current dog is blind in one eye. A more adored pup just doesn't exist.

Yay George!

We have 3 cats and a weird Chihuahua, all adopted. Our one cat, Dobby, we got because the person who had him before was moving and was just going to leave him because, in his words, he's gimpy and weird and he just didn't like him. Dobby has a deformed hip, so he has quite the limp and when he sits his leg sticks out sideways. He's fine, he just limps. He also has a tendency to get lost in the apartment and meow at walls, but he's a sweet thing. Lulu had been abused and abandoned before we adopted her. The first year we had her she would steal packaged food from the cupboard and hide it in the bathroom cupboard. I'm talking boxes crackers, taco shells, I even caught her high-tailing it down the hall with a box of tea. We have had her about 6 years, and even though she stopped the whole hoarding thing, when I feed them she always looks in the bowls and takes the one with the most in it. Wouldn't change them for the world, their quirks make them them.
    idunno, Honeythorn, holly and 2 others like this.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves unique animals! My previous cat was adopted when he was in his midteeens - nobody wanted an elderly gentleman cat. He had food allergies and ear cysts but was the most laid back, loving, affectionate little guy. After he passed away I went back to the shelter and came home with a 5 year old black long hair female who is missing one fang and has no fur on her lips due to severe allergies. Everyone always asks "what's wrong with her mouth" and I say nothing - she's perfectly healthy! It's also taken me almost two years to turn this little girl from a scared cat who would bite anyone who tried to touch her into an affectionate kitty. She's still leery of men but is starting to warm up to the other women. It actually took 18 months to get her to sit on my lap! Now she's becoming a cuddly lap cat and I wouldn't give her away ever. I always say "I love you...grumps and all"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information