Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Amy Schumer Accused of Stealing Jokes

Default Amy Schumer Accused of Stealing Jokes

NEWS/

Amy Schumer Reacts to Allegations That She's Stolen Jokes From Three Comedians
    • Email

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

UPDATE: Tammy Pescatelli
    is speaking out after Amy Schumer vehemently denied stealing her jokes yesterday on both social media and in multiple interviews.

"You do have to admit the girl has had so much going on. And we do know when you have all those things, you do sometimes have to employ writers," she shared before ultimately admitting, "I got a big mouth. I say a lot of stupid stuff. But I certainly didn't do it for publicity."
    ________
    Schumer is taking on her haters one by one this week, or so it seems.

The Trainwreck star's latest mission is to slam the recent allegations that she's stolen jokes from three separate comedians.

The Golden Globe nominee cleared the air via Twitter earlier this afternoon with the following to-the-point statement: "On my life, I have never and would never steal a joke." Well then!

Comedians Wendy Liebman, Pescatelli and Kathleen Madigan took part in a Twitter conversation (which has now been deleted) claiming that Schumer had used jokes from their acts.

During an interview with Jim Norton today, Schumer further vented about the latest claims made against her.

"I think it's the human condition, I think we really do like to build people up and we root for them and when they are succeeding. I don't think it is personal."

Schumer added, "I have to come up with so much material and my TV show, this movie, stand-up specials…I am so careful and none of these things had ever reached me and I will literally take a polygraph." The star exclaimed that she would "never" steal jokes, adding, "That would be so stupid for me to do that so I wanted to come here and talk to you about it."

Earlier this week, the 34-year-old actress slammed a critic on Twitter, after the self-proclaimed fan snapped a selfie with her.

"Spent the night with @amyschumer. Certainly not the first guy to write that," critic "LightsCameraJackson" wrote on his account. He too has since deleted the tweet.

Schumer retorted, "I get it. Cause I'm a whore? Glad I took a photo with you. Hi to your dad."

The star's comment caused Jackson to tweet multiple apologies including: "I truly apologize. Thought you'd like the joke. I should leave the comedy to you! Thanks for the photo."

He added, "I truly apologize for the tweet I posted earlier. I'm not a comedian and it wasn't funny."

After Jackson profusely apologized for the snide remark, Schumer added, "That's really okay honey…I just remember thinking you and your dad were sweet and it was a bummer to read that."

Consider that a lesson learned.

http://www.eonline.com/news/732779/a...hree-comedians

I don't seem to have any trouble believing she'd steal jokes. I'm more surprised by her humorless response to that guys joke.

I'mNotBitter likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I just saw this on Fox...but comedians have been doing this for years, right?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I really liked her when she first came out, I don't think she stole jokes then. I do think she's become a jerk. That guys joke was funny.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I understand her response to the guy who insinuated that he slept with her He is only 17!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That makes it even funnier!
    KrisNine, yanna, joebob and 1 others like this.

i used to like her, but she believes her own press.
    arie_skop and holly like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I just saw this on Fox...but comedians have been doing this for years, right?

I dont think this is news breaking, comedians are always joking about the same issues or situations but everyone has a different interpretation or expression.
    BITTER, holly and JazzyGirl like this.

I don't know anything about this woman or her comedy but something about her face makes me really, really wanna punch her.

I think everything is taken down now but there was some videos showing the original comedienne's bits and then Amy using the same jokes.

I imagine years later you write something and don't realize it's something you've already heard?

I liked Amy a lot when she first came out but yeah, she seems to be getting full of herself. That twitter joke is a take on her schtick that she is a whore / sleeps around. The guy was obviously telling a joke from Amy's own arsenal yet she couldn't find it funny.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I like her. Maybe she is just feeling a bit sensitive with all this speculation about her stealing jokes going around. That is serious shit in the comedic world.
    LastLook likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Joke thief or not. She's still an unfunny hack, that looks like Porky the Pig.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Joke thief or not. She's still an unfunny hack, that looks like Porky the Pig.
    Ahem, it's just Porky Pig, not Porky the Pig.

yeah, joe the bob. get it straight.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think she's alright. I liked her after watching her Ellen appearances.
    But, she uses the same material over and over again - literally the same jokes - in every appearance she does which gets old fast.

I do like the fact that she is - I wouldn't say "paving the way" for female comedians (she's no Joan) but, certainly "helping the cause" in showing that female comedians can achieve mainstream success.

As for "stealing" jokes, at this point, there's only so many subject matter/situations/comparisons people can relate to that a comic can work with. Unless it's blatant/word for word (*cough Dane Cook cough*) I don't knock people for having similar jokes.

These are my 2 favorite appearances. If you hadn't heard these jokes a million times already, in these appearances she seems genuine and funny...

panic and JazzyGirl like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

*Whoops, the 1 video limit rule... *

panic and JazzyGirl like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information