Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: ‘Teen Wolf’ and 'Desperate Housewives' Actor Charlie Parker Comes Out

fgg

Default ‘Teen Wolf’ and 'Desperate Housewives' Actor Charlie Parker Comes Out

‘Teen Wolf’ star comes out

“Teen Wolf” actor Charlie Carver has come out as gay.

“Over time, this abstract ‘knowing’ grew and articulated itself through a painful gestation marked by feelings of despair and alienation, ending in a climax of saying three words out loud: ‘I am gay,'” Carver, 27, wrote on Instagram Monday.

Although Carver delivered the news to his family in a safe space, he feared Hollywood’s reaction.

“As an actor, I believed that my responsibility to the craft and the business was to remain benevolently neutral – I was a canvas, a chameleon, the next character,” he said. “For the most part I had a duty to stay a possibility in the eye of casting, directors, and the public. If I came out, I feared I would be limiting myself to a type, to a perception with limits that I was not professionally comfortable with.”

Carver has played a range of characters both gay and straight. He’s keenly aware of the actors before him, who’ve paved the way.

“I know that because of all of the brave men and women who’ve come out, self-identified, or couldn’t have possibly ever been ‘In,’” he said. “So to them, I am also forever grateful.”

“So now, let the record show this- I self-identify as gay,” he said. “And does that really matter anymore? As a young man, I needed a young man in Hollywood to say that- and without being a d-ck about it, I owe it to myself, more than anything, to be who I needed when I was younger … And let the record show my twin brother is just as cool for being straight.”

‘Teen Wolf’ star comes out | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Who???

He and his twin are hilarious on The Leftovers.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information