Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By idunno

Thread: The inspiring reason Amy Schumer shared the latest photo of her boyfriend

Elite Member

Default The inspiring reason Amy Schumer shared the latest photo of her boyfriend

Amy Schumer shares another photo with new boyfriend | Woman's Day

byBella Brennan
    Jan 7, 2016

(Womans Day)

Amy Schumer has shared another cute photo with her new man and it’s all for a very important cause.

It’s only been a few days since comedy’s It Girl Amy Schumer went public with her boyfriend, Ben Hanisch.

And now the star just can’t seem to stop sharing photos of the very handsome furniture designer (we wouldn’t be able to contain ourselves either, to be honest).

On Wednesday the Trainwreck actress posted an adorable shot of her and Ben sharing a warm embrace – the total definition of butterfly-inducing fresh love.

But this wasn’t just your typical cute couple pic, the 34-year-old accompanied the shot with a link urging fans to donate to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Making the post even more touching is the fact Amy’s beloved dad Gordon Schumer suffers from MS.

Amy was just 12 years old when her father was diagnosed with the illness and she says having a sense of humor is the best way to deal with it.

(Womans Day) Amy shared this gorgeous shot with Ben and urged fans to donate money to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

“I think it was the divorce [of my parents] and my dad getting sick that were the wonderful gifts that made me the strong angel you see here today,” she explained during an interview on CBS Sunday Morning last year.

"It's the most painful thing in the world to just watch this person that you love ultimately just digress and kind of decompose. And it's too heavy and you have to find a way to laugh at it.”

Meanwhile Amy’s beau has spoken to Radar about their blossoming relationship.

“You know, it is going great. She’s a great girl, and I couldn’t be any happier,” the Chicago local gushed.

Earlier in the week the comedienne took to Instagram to unveil Ben, publishing a photo of the duo and her loved ones at the White House in Washington. “Fam and man at the whitehizzy,” she wrote.

While Ben was a little more romantic, penning: “Sometimes in life you get extremely lucky, and the smartest, funniest, most beautiful woman comes along when you least expect it. Here’s to what adventures 2016 brings!”

After the endless amounts of break-ups we saw last year, these two are making us believe in true love again.

(Womans Day) There's no denying these two make a cute couple!

Amy's work with MS foundations only makes me love her more.
    Serendipity and Nevan like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My 55 year old cousin has MS and it is a heartbreaking disease. I saw her at Christmas and her 85 year old Mom looked younger than she did. She gets around on a scooter and has to have full time nursing care. BTW, my Dad passed away on December 8th, one day after the hospice nurse told us that he had 2 weeks. I'm really glad that 2015 is over!

^ Condolences on the loss of your father, ShimmeringGlow.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    My 55 year old cousin has MS and it is a heartbreaking disease. I saw her at Christmas and her 85 year old Mom looked younger than she did. She gets around on a scooter and has to have full time nursing care. BTW, my Dad passed away on December 8th, one day after the hospice nurse told us that he had 2 weeks. I'm really glad that 2015 is over!
    I'm so sorry about your father. Hope that 2016 is looking up for you!

My heart goes out to you Shimmer!

My Mom had MS, was diagnosed when I was 6, but relatives say she never got her strength back after giving birth to me. Its a horrible painful disease. Im surprised that Amy supports NMSS, its like all other huge charities not much money is used towards MS. Mom lived to be 84, the last 12 yrs she was a paraplegic and couldn't even scratch her nose. She's been gone 15 yrs and I still miss her every day.

Gold Member

MS is super common on my Dad's side of the family. My Amma died 22 (?) years ago because of complications related to MS (in her case it damaged her heart and lungs & eventually caused heart failure, though it's my understanding that her case wasn't the 'norm'). Both of my Dad's sisters have it and so does his nephew.

And my sister was diagnosed two years ago a few months after giving birth. She always felt amazing during pregnancy -- many women with MS are at their best when pregnant and their worst afterwards, apparently -- but would feel "deflated" afterwards, but with her last kid she woke up one night about 2 weeks postpartum and couldn't move the left side of her body because about 90% of the feeling was gone and the other 10% was an odd sensation that felt like pins and needles but not quite that. At first she thought she'd had a stroke. She's doing well now.

Interestingly there seems to be a correlation between high dairy consumption and MS. I wonder sometimes if it's less to do with dairy causing/contributing to MS and more to do with those who have it being drawn to/craving dairy more. My Amma liked anything milky and creamy apparently and out of all my siblings and I, the sister that developed (thus far) MS definitely liked dairy products the most. The genetic component in some cases is interesting, too. It does seem to crop up more in certain families even though my sister was told that the familial/genetic component is fairly insignificant/doesn't increase your risk of developing it much.

Elite Member

So, I guess I'm the only one who's so cynical, I find it weird that she has adopted her bf's cause after dating him all of 2 minutes. I mean, it's great that she's happy and in love; and it's great that she's bringing attention to the cause of MS. But couldn't she bring attention to MS without posting a pic of her new beau, and what happens if/when they break up - will she still support the cause?
    It has an immature 'this is my new boyfriend, and I like everything he likes'-ring to it, that I wouldn't have expected from Amy. I probably just need to adjust my cynicism meter.
    Last edited by idunno; January 9th, 2016 at 04:32 AM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    So, I guess I'm the only one who's so cynical, I find it weird that she has adopted her bf's cause after dating him all of 2 minutes. I mean, it's great that she's happy and in love; and it's great that she's bringing attention to the cause of MS. But couldn't she bring attention to MS without posting a pic of her new beau, and what happens if/when they break up - will she still support the cause?
    It has an immature 'this is my new boyfriend, and I like everything he likes'-ring to it, that I wouldn't have expected from Amy. I probably just need to adjust my cynicism meter.
    It says in the article that Amy's dad has MS.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think it is great that she brings attention to MS but that as a reason to post a picture of her and her boyfriend...yeah, right.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    It says in the article that Amy's dad has MS.
    Oh, sorry. I read it as her boyfriend's dad had MS. So, it's not just my cynicism meter that's off. It's my reading comprehension as well. Sigh.
    Kittylady likes this.

Thread Information