Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Alyssa Milano Defends Public Breast-feeding To Wendy Williams

Elite Member

Default Alyssa Milano Defends Public Breast-feeding To Wendy Williams

Alyssa Milano Defends Public Breast-feeding To Opinionated TV Host

Refinery29
    Morgan Baila 4 hrs ago

Alyssa Milano has loved breast-feeding her children, and she is anything but shy about it. Earlier this week, Milano appeared as a guest on The Wendy Williams Show when the host landed on the topic. The interview started amicably, with the typical "what are you wearing?" and "I love your hair!" chatter, before Williams pulled up a recent Instagram picture of Milano's.

"I've been posting pictures of my breast-feeding journey since Elizabella was a little baby, and in some of them, you see more than in that one," Milano joked, referencing the picture below.

Almost 16 months of breastfeeding Elizabella. It's been one of the greatest joys in my life to breastfeed my babies. #normalizebreastfeeding

A photo posted by Alyssa Milano (@milano_alyssa) on Dec 26, 2015 at 4:14pm PST

"It was kind of shocking that we were that sort of opinionated about something that is supposed to be so incredibly natural," she added.

To which Williams confessed, "I am opinionated."

A shocked Milano asked Williams what about it, exactly, upsets her.

"I don't need to see that," Williams told her. "That" being a public display of a child feeding from its mother's breast. Williams explained that she, as mother herself, would rather go in the car to breast-feed her son than do it in public — later admitting that she only breast-fed her son for two weeks.

Williams also said she considered breasts as sexual "things" for the duration of a woman's life, while they're only functional as breast-feeding tools right after a woman gives birth.

"Biologically, they are not made for sexual things," Milano refuted. "That is what we [as society] have done to them." In the end, Milano had the last word. "You're lucky the baby isn't here right now, or I'd whip 'em out and feed her on your show!"

The conversation on the touchy topic fizzled, and the clip ends in laughter as the two go on to talk about other mums making news, and future projects for the actress.

Ultimately, Williams admitted it was "her problem" and didn't take the argument further than that.

Alyssa Milano on Weight Loss and Breastfeeding

Wait, that tool only breastfed her kid for 2 weeks and has an opinion? Wtf?

When did Williams turn in to a muppet?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I am so beyond bored of the public breastfeeding issue. Is it that hard for people to mind their own business or for breastfeeding mums not to be attention whorey about feeding?
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The only issue I have with breastfeeding is with the people - men and women - who consider it to be the only option and treat any mother who can't or won't breastfeed to be on a par with child sacrificing devil worshippers. It's 2016! Let women make their own choices based on their own needs, desires and abilities without judging them.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm not against breastfeeding in public. I am annoyed by women who say "It's natural", and "They are not meant to be sexual, blah, blah, blah".
    Taking a poo is natural, so is vomiting. Feet can be sexual too. Find other examples, and not repeat what the others say who stand their ground about breastfeeding in public.

I understand people have problems with mothers breastfeeding in public. Is it because they have an exposed breast? I cannot understand how people could have a problem with mothers with a cover on.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Is it because they have an exposed breast?
    I think it's just because a lot of people are hypocrites. There are exposed breasts everywhere. You see them on tv a zillion times a day. You can barely make it through a movie anymore without somebody whipping their tits out. No one says a word about that. As long as it's sexual, or not integral to the plot, it's just fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Is it that hard for people to mind their own business ...?
    yes.

Republican says men should be allowed to grab women's nipples if they are breastfeeding in public

New Hampshire state representative offers lewd interpretation of bill trying to prohibit women from showing their breasts in public

• Rachael Revesz
    • Monday 4 January 2016

Josh Moore said if a women is so inclined to take out her nipple, a man's inclination is to stare at it and grab it REX/WestEnd61 Although men and women are legally allowed to expose their nipples in the state of New Hampshire, some state representatives have taken to social media to combat women’s rights to expose their bodies.
    New Hampshire State Rep. Josh Moore said on Facebook that men should be allowed to grab the nipples of breastfeeding mothers if the law banning women exposing their breasts did not pass. The Facebook post was archived by Slate.
    The bill, which is solely supported by Republicans, states that a woman could be charged with a misdemeanour if she “purposely exposes the areola or nipple of her breast or breasts in a public place and in the presence of another person with reckless disregard for whether a reasonable person would be offended or alarmed by such act.”

When New Hampshire State Rep. Amanda Bouldin criticized the bill on Facebook, Josh Moore came back with this post, complete with typos:
    “Who doesn’t support a mothers right to feed?” Moore responded. “Don’t give me the liberal talking points Amanda. If it’s a woman’s natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that, than you should have no problem with a mans [inclination] to stare at it and grab it. After all, it’s ALL relative and natural, right?”

His colleague State Rep. Al Baldasaro joined in:
    “Amanada, No disrespect, but your nipple would be the last one I would want to see,” Baldasaro said. “You want to turn our family beach’s into a pervert show. Liberterians want a nude beach, put your money together and buy one, if you want to expose you kids to nudity, go for it. Some of us liberty minded Reps do beleive in family values.”

People took to Twitter to vent their frustration with the Republican’s views, comparing the incident to supporting rape culture.
    Despite the outcry, Ms Bouldin responded on Twitter that she just wished for the bill not to be passed.

Republican says men should be allowed to grab women's nipples if they are breastfeeding in public | Americas | News | The Independent
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Republican says men should be allowed to grab women's nipples if they are breastfeeding in public

I wish a Mothafucka would!!

Why stop there asshole, shouldn't lesbians be able to do that too?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Oh they say that, but what they really want to do is get it up the ass from some random stranger in a men's room. They really need to stop repressing themselves and leave women's issues alone.
    idunno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    yes.

New Hampshire state representative offers lewd interpretation of bill trying to prohibit women from showing their breasts in public

• Rachael Revesz
    • Monday 4 January 2016

Josh Moore said if a women is so inclined to take out her nipple, a man's inclination is to stare at it and grab it REX/WestEnd61 Although men and women are legally allowed to expose their nipples in the state of New Hampshire, some state representatives have taken to social media to combat women’s rights to expose their bodies.
    New Hampshire State Rep. Josh Moore said on Facebook that men should be allowed to grab the nipples of breastfeeding mothers if the law banning women exposing their breasts did not pass. The Facebook post was archived by Slate.
    The bill, which is solely supported by Republicans, states that a woman could be charged with a misdemeanour if she “purposely exposes the areola or nipple of her breast or breasts in a public place and in the presence of another person with reckless disregard for whether a reasonable person would be offended or alarmed by such act.”

When New Hampshire State Rep. Amanda Bouldin criticized the bill on Facebook, Josh Moore came back with this post, complete with typos:
    “Who doesn’t support a mothers right to feed?” Moore responded. “Don’t give me the liberal talking points Amanda. If it’s a woman’s natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that, than you should have no problem with a mans [inclination] to stare at it and grab it. After all, it’s ALL relative and natural, right?”

His colleague State Rep. Al Baldasaro joined in:
    “Amanada, No disrespect, but your nipple would be the last one I would want to see,” Baldasaro said. “You want to turn our family beach’s into a pervert show. Liberterians want a nude beach, put your money together and buy one, if you want to expose you kids to nudity, go for it. Some of us liberty minded Reps do beleive in family values.”

People took to Twitter to vent their frustration with the Republican’s views, comparing the incident to supporting rape culture.
    Despite the outcry, Ms Bouldin responded on Twitter that she just wished for the bill not to be passed.

Republican says men should be allowed to grab women's nipples if they are breastfeeding in public | Americas | News | The Independent
    This ENRAGES me. What.the.fuck. Every decent voter (i.e., non-perverted individual with half a brain) should send these goons packing. Not only do they insist there's a male right to manhandle and sexually assault a woman who's feeding her baby, they have to degrade the female representative with personal, degrading remarks as well? Fucking unacceptable, I hope they get SKEWERED.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Women say that any man trying this should accept getting his scrotum kicked into his throat.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I really couldn't give a crapola if someone is breast feeding in public. It's not something I would ever do, buy if it bothers someone so much just look away for gods sake.

Silver Member

It really depends on how women breast feed. There are a lot of women who are discrete and the baby's head covers their chest. Then there are some women who really make a show of it like the dope who sat right diagonally across from me and pulled her breast out of her dress and fed her toddler while I was trying to enjoy my tea. The woman was gross and I left. No, I couldn't look away because it was a small packed cafe and the tables were next to each other. Peeing and changing baby's diapers are natural too, yet people tend not to do that in public.
    NickiDrea and Mrs P like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information