Thread: Leonardo DiCaprio and Kelly Rohrbach have split

Elite Member

Default Leonardo DiCaprio and Kelly Rohrbach have split

Back on the market! Leonardo DiCaprio and Kelly Rohrbach have split

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kelly Rohrbach have split | Woman's Day

byBella Brennan
    Jan 5, 2016

(No credit mentioned)

Hollywood heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio is a single man again after splitting from his model girlfriend of six months, Kelly Rohrbach.

According to US Weekly the 41-year-old actor parted ways with the 25-year-old stunner a little while back.

“They’ve been broken up for over a month. It was mutual,” a source told the publication.

“They both have intense work schedules and a lot going on in their lives right now. They both needed to take a break because of that. They are still friends and talking but it’s over,” the insider added.

As the four-time Oscar nominee gears up for another award’s season with his latest flick The Revenant, Kelly has just landed the role of a lifetime playing C.J. Parker alongside Dwayne "The Rock" in the Baywatch remake.

Despite her recent break-up, Kelly was all smiles as she filmed a series of cheeky videos showing off her best slow-motion run in the iconic high-cut red swimsuit made famous by Pamela Anderson.

"It's official! So excited to finally announce that I'll be joining @therock in the upcoming #BAYWATCH movie! It has been an amazing ride thus far, can't wait for what's to come! Feeling beyond blessed and grateful! Here we go!!" An elated Kelly revealed on Instagram.

In September the pair seemed smitten when they attended the US Open in New York.

Meanwhile, this most recent split marks the demise of yet another high-profile relationship for Leo.

Over the years the Blood Diamond actor has dated a bevy of talented and beautiful women including Blake Lively, Gisele Bundchen, Bar Refaeli, Erin Heatherton and Toni Garrn.

Kelly and Leo were first seen cosying up at the CFDA Awards after party in New York last June.

In the past, the passionate environmentalist has said he's in no rush to settle down and marry. "The truth is, its gonna happen when it's gonna happen. I'm just gonna let it happen naturally. I really am," he explained during an interview on This Morning last year.

Erm, I totally missed this relationship. I thought he was on and off "not dating" Rihanna. Oh well.
    redcat, idunno, rollo and 3 others like this.

the 25-year-old stunner
    That's the problem right there. She got too old for him.

01.06.163:01 AM ET

You Must Be This Old to Ride the DiCaprio

Sorry, ladies. If you were able to see his movie ‘Titanic’ in theaters, you’re probably too old for Leonardo DiCaprio.
    While celebrities might not mate for life, they do mate for crucial publicity opportunities. Therefore, it stands to reason that the celebrity significant other selection process is more nuanced and complicated than it is for us mere mortals. Different stars favor different methods for choosing which lucky lad or lady will have the honor of posing on their less attractive sides. Some celebrities prefer to date equally well-known known stars, while others like to slum it with non-famous (but extremely beautiful) faces or miscellaneous Kennedys. Famous scientologists select partners based on their Thetan levels. Taylor Swift consults her rhyming dictionary (and her growing roster of BFF’s exes).

And Leonardo DiCaprio chooses his girlfriends from an elite pool of models and actresses, all under the age of 25.

That’s right folks: No matter how much you wanted him in Titanic, if you were old enough to see it in theaters, the feeling is probably not mutual. Now, everybody knows that fuckability doesn’t have an age—and if it did, it definitely wouldn’t be 25. Twenty-five should be a great time; you’re young, beautiful, and you can finally rent a car without having to reckon with exorbitant added fees. Unfortunately, a number of gorgeous women will forever remember 25 as the age at which they were dumped by former teen heartthrob (and current 41-year-old) Leonardo DiCaprio.
    Just this week, People confirmed that DiCaprio and his girlfriend, model Kelly Rohrbach, 25, have decided to call it quits. Of course, people break up over any number of things, and while it’s possible that Rohrbach just preferred The Big Short to The Wolf of Wall Street, the more believable explanation is that she hit DiCaprio’s personal lady expiration date.

This is, as noted by Slate, a pattern. From Erin Heatherton to Blake Lively, DiCaprio has been spotted with a whole slew of women, all of whom were under 25 at the time of their DiCaprio dalliances (Lively even dragged DiCaprio to Disneyland of all places… months after taking Ryan Gosling there).

Even more revealingly, DiCaprio has cunningly cut off several other relationships right at the 25 marker. In 2011, he and Bar Refaeli ended their on-again, off-again romance when DiCaprio reportedly chose to go partying at the Top of the Standard instead of accompanying the supermodel to the Met Gala. Or maybe that’s just what he WANTS us to think. After all, the breakup hit Refaeli at the ripe old age of—you guessed it—25. While two eerily reminiscent relationships might just be a coincidence, three seems like the cutoff for plausible deniability. DiCaprio crossed this line in 2005, when he pushed his long-term, 25-year-old girlfriend Gisele headfirst into singledom (don’t worry guys, she landed on her feet).

Carrying around a “must be this young to ride” sign isn’t exactly a Romeo move from the former ringleader of “The Pussy Posse.” As fun as it seems to date exclusively within the 20- to 25-year-old supermodel bracket, it might be time for DiCaprio to start thinking about some more realistic—and less overtly ageist and gross?—options. After all, it’s been more than two decades since Growing Pains; there’s no reason why a nearly middle-aged man should maintain the sex life of the world’s luckiest college student.

Here’s a reality check, Leo: you’ve still never won an Oscar. You own a selfie stick. Multiple exes have cited your hard partying and playboy ways as the main reason for your breakup. You just spent the weekend living it up with Justin Bieber in St. Barts. You’ve got some things to work out with your facial hair. And, most importantly, you’re 41 years old. For all these reasons and more, maybe try making some “me” time for yourself this year, instead of just chasing girls who have never heard of a dial-up modem. We hear that in 2016, age-appropriate is the new 25.

You Must Be This Old to Ride the DiCaprio - The Daily Beast
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I don't get it. I don't see what they see.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Erm, I totally missed this relationship. I thought he was on and off "not dating" Rihanna. Oh well.
    Don't worry, Leo frequently forgets about his relationships too.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I don't get it. I don't see what they see.
    i see what they see in the Leo from the late 90's. The just legal Leo. I'm kind of like him because I would have dumped him when he passed 21 or 22. He's not aging well. He's a little too puffy and bloated for my taste.

He is kind of where Warren Beatty was at this age. Single, good-looking, wealthy. He is going to basically have his fun until he finally decides to settle down and have kids before he becomes an old, doddering dad. Based on this timeline, we are talking about 13 years from now. And based on Bening's age relative to Beatty's, Dicaprio will marry a woman born in 1995. Actors who fit this profile would be Grace Victoria Fox, Virginia Gardner, or Veronica Dunne.

This has been your Walter Mercado psychic prediction,

^ That's exactly it. I look at him and think Warren Beatty.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm convinced he has a comp card wall somewhere in his house that agencies come in and update once in a while...

What does it matter anyway? He shuffles in a "pretty" new side piece once or twice a year, then the contract ends, and the PR cycle keeps on going...

Does Lukas Haas have to be involved in everything Leo does? Jesus.
    arie_skop likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    i see what they see in the Leo from the late 90's. The just legal Leo. I'm kind of like him because I would have dumped him when he passed 21 or 22. He's not aging well. He's a little too puffy and bloated for my taste.
    He looked good back then, but now he looks bloated.

Thread Information