Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Country singer Craig Strickland found dead after reported missing a week ago

Elite Member

Default Country singer Craig Strickland found dead after reported missing a week ago

Country singer Craig Strickland found dead after reported missing a week ago

Vulture.com
    Dee Lockett 1 day ago

( Richey Miller) Craig Strickland.

Authorities have found the body of 29-year-old country singer Craig Strickland after a week-long search in Oklahoma, E! reports.

The Backroad Anthem front man was reported missing after he disappeared seven days ago, following a duck-hunting trip with his friend Chase Morland, who was found dead on December 28.

Morland tweeted on December 27, the day they went missing, "In case we don't come back, @BackroadCRAIG and I are going right through Winter Storm Goliath to kill ducks in Oklahoma. #IntoTheStorm," a message Strickland retweeted.

Strickland's black Labrador Sam was found alive with Morland's body and their capsized boat.

Strickland's body was recovered on Monday morning at Kaw Lake near the original search site.

Strickland's wife, Helen, who has been updating fans on social media throughout the search, has confirmed the news of Craig's death:

Helen Strickland @HelenWisner
    #CraigStrickland was found today. He is safe with his Father in Heaven. Thank you Lord for leading us to him today. I will praise you, Amen.
    3:11 AM - 5 Jan 2016

Hunting in a storm. Right. #morons
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Reminds me of a story in the local news this week. Four twenty-somethings from the Chicago area drinking it up at a family cabin in Wisconsin decide at 2:30 am to take a spin on the lake in a 3 person canoe. Icy waters, check. Intoxicated, check. Life jackets, nah. So far, they've recovered 3 of the 4 bodies.
    I'mNotBitter and Froogy like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Darwinism?
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

^ Yeah...you gotta feel sorry for the families. But you gotta wonder, not one of the 4 guys said "hey maybe this isn't such a great idea"..
    Wisher likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He seemed like an idiot. Saying something like "going to KILL some ducks"? That's a pretty nasty way to put it. I'm no hunter, but most people that I know that are hunters, or have hunted, don't really say things like that. They have a bit more respect for nature. I don't know, I guess that's just me.

Anyway, i also read it took so long to find his body because he was wearing camouflage!

Glad the dog made it

*sarcasm lock on* His wife seems to be really torn up. *sarcasm lock off*

On Sunday, Helen shared this snapshot on her Instagram showing herslef posing with members of a search and rescue team and their dog, Wrigley

On Friday, Helen shared a sweet Instagram picture of her and three friends wrapped in blankets, thanking them for being there for her 'during one of my rougher days', she wrote in the caption

source: Craig Strickland's widow reveals he died from hypothermia after boat capsized | Daily Mail Online

Edit: Okay, I know people grieve differently, but is there something wrong with this woman?

Craig Strickland's Widow, Helen, Shares Photo With Sam the Dog at Chase Morland's Visitation

January 6, 2016 @ 09:12 AM / By Esther Lee

[picture of the woman grinning at the husband's friend's memorial service is at source - can't copy]

Craig Strickland's widow,Helen, attended Chase Morland's visitation on Tuesday, January 5, with her late husband's sister, Jenna, his father, Randy, and his beloved dog, Sam.
    Helen, clad in head to toe in black with a gray vest for the somber occasion, posed with her in-laws and Sam outside of the venue. "'The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit,'" she shared from biblical passage Psalms 34:18.
    Country singer Craig was found dead in the Lake Kaw region north of Tulsa, Oklahoma, this past Monday, January 4. Craig, 29, had gone on a duck-hunting trip in the middle of winter storm Goliath with his friend Morland, who was found dead a week earlier on December 28. Helen previously shared that Sam the dog refused to leave Morland's side until authorities came and recovered his body.
    "We had the opportunity to go to Chase Morland's visitation tonight," Helen shared on Tuesday. "He was so loved by so many people. It was encouraging to be around his wonderful friends and family." Joining the trio at the visitation on Tuesday was Craig's 9-year-old black Labrador.

[other grinny picture at source]
    "Sam was also invited," Helen continued. "He has truly been a comfort to all of us. We are so thankful the Lord blessed us with such a extraordinary pup."

Craig Strickland Cal Sport Media/Sipa Jenna also shared a pic with Helen and the dog on Tuesday night. "Our Sammy boy keeps us strong," she captioned the pic.
    The Oklahoma Highway Patrol explained to Us Weekly on Tuesday, January 5, why it was so difficult to track Strickland's body. According to a statement, an OHP trooper was searching a brush area filled with trees when he spotted Strickland's camouflage hunting gear about 75 feet off the shoreline of the lake in an area called Bear Creek Cove. His body was located a quarter mile north of where Morland was previously found dead.

Helen previously shared that her husband "had fought his way out of the water" after their boat had capsized, and "up a hill" before the frigid cold resulted in hypothermia. "He experienced no pain in his final moments," the widow wrote on Monday. "And simply felt like he was falling asleep. They found him lying in the shape of a cross looking up to his Father.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/craig-stricklands-widow-helen-shares-photo-with-sam-the-dog-w160850

Last edited by twitchy2.0; January 6th, 2016 at 12:04 PM.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *sarcasm lock on* His wife seems to be really torn up. *sarcasm lock off*

These pictures disturb me.
    Not only is she giving her best pageant smile in both pictures but, she’s coordinated an picture-perfect outfit and in full makeup (complete with false eyelashes) to search, and/or organize a search for her husband along a somewhat rough terrain at night?

The dog looks more concerned than she does. Poor thing witnessed what went down and it shows.

Who has time to coordinate an outfit, let alone apply a full face of makeup (and not cry and/or sweat it all off) during a search for a loved one - your husband, the father of your child - who may or may not be alive?
    Who cares/is thinking about how they look, regardless of if they know that cameras will be there or not?

I guess we just all grieve (and search for missing loved ones) differently...

Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 6th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.
    bootspaige, HWBL and Bluebonnet like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Poor dog.

• SHARE PICTURE

The dog of missing Backcountry Anthem frontman Craig Strickland, which was found alive on Monday, would not leave the side of the singer's friend whose body was discovered earlier that morning, Helen Strickland said

I'mNotBitter and SHELLEE like this.

"Helen previously shared that her husband "had fought his way out of the water" after their boat had capsized, and "up a hill" before the frigid cold resulted in hypothermia. "He experienced no pain in his final moments," the widow wrote on Monday. "And simply felt like he was falling asleep. They found him lying in the shape of a cross looking up to his Father.”

Is this bitch for real?????

If this wasn't clearly an accident, she'd be my number one suspect.

she looks downright delighted.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I feel sorry for the dog. I hate hunting and people who actually enjoy killing animals.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If this wasn't clearly an accident, she'd be my number one suspect.
    I thought the same thing as I was reading the articles. There's something very off about her.
    Honeythorn, Lalasnake and HWBL like this.

Ducks: 2, hunters: 0
    idunno, Trixie, Briar Rose and 8 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information