Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is Margot Robbie Lying About Her Age?

Default Is Margot Robbie Lying About Her Age?

Is Margot Robbie Lying About Her Age?

The latest ‘it’ girl Margot Robbie, from Queensland, Australia is taking Hollywood by storm, she started out on the Aussie soap, Neighbours, and is now starring opposite celebs such as Will Smith, Leonardo DiCaprio and the like. Margot claims she is 25, but an article from SMH in 2008 states she was 23 then which means she is now 30.

The fresh crop of Neighbours actors was in Sydney yesterday. One of the newest, Margot Robbie, had her first appearance on air on Monday, playing a groupie with stalker tendencies. The 23-year-old actress from the Gold Coast opted to attend a Sex And The City: The Movie screening instead of staying home to watch the episode.
    This wouldn’t be the first time an actor, musician or celebrity has lied about their age:

• Fellow Aussie actor Rebel Wilson claimed she was 29, she is actually 36.
    • Rapper Nicki Minaj shaved a few years off her age, she is 32.
    • American singer, Nicole Scherzinger lied about her age in 2008, she is 36.
    • Model Agyness Deyn stated she lied about her age to get ahead in modelling, she is 32.
    • Rapper Eminiem took 3 years off his age, he is now 43.
    • Jennifer Lopez also lied, it was revealed after ex-boyfriend Sean “Puffy” Combs was caught up in the club shooting, she is 46.
    • Jessica Chastain lied about her age, in 2012 it was claimed she was 30, she is now 38.

I don’t see the need for lying. So did Margot lie to get her first role or is the publication mistaken? What are your thoughts? Post your comments below. - See more at: Is Margot Robbie Lying About Her Age? | Reality Wives UK

Is Margot Robbie Lying About Her Age? | Reality Wives UK
    dougie likes this.

She didn't look 23 when she started on Neighbours. But nothing would surprise me.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Hmm. She looks fantastic on screen so it shouldn't have been nor should be a problem. I guess actors/musicians who start late think they will never make it if they don't lie.

J Lo is nearly 50? She's doing well.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I had always thought she looked older than she claimed, but as others have said, she has a "mature look." It never occurred to me that she could be lying about her age, but duh, why not? Actresses do it all the time. If it's true that she's been lying about her age, it's worked out for her, she's technically "made it in Hollywood" and lying about her age probably helped with that.

She's not lying about her age. I know people she went to school with that we're in her year level.She is definitely 25.

Add Beyoncé to the list.

I didn't know Jennifer Lopez lied about her age. How old was she claiming she was, back in her Puffy days?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

whatever her age, the girl is gorgeous, I think even more so without make up.

Lopez was claiming to have been born in 1970 but was actually born in 1969. Not really that much of a discrepancy.

I want to know how old Catherine Zeta Jones is. She's been dogged by rumors that she's much older than she claims since the start of her career.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Lopez was claiming to have been born in 1970 but was actually born in 1969. Not really that much of a discrepancy.

I want to know how old Catherine Zeta Jones is. She's been dogged by rumors that she's much older than she claims since the start of her career.
    You need to search my old posts I searcher the national birth records and her birth is registered at the appropriate time, so unless she was 14 when her birth was registered......

Sorry and all that.

CZJ has been on UK TV for yeatlrs, I think that there are a load of old photos in the same thread (mentioned above).

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Hmm. She looks fantastic on screen so it shouldn't have been nor should be a problem. I guess actors/musicians who start late think they will never make it if they don't lie.

J Lo is nearly 50? She's doing well.
    In my experience, people don't fall apart or look different between 45 and 50. It's just that it's middle age. 50 is not the magic number for all things wrinkled and decomposing. Lopez is good looking enough not to be invisible. After 45 every sentence is always followed by they look good for their age.

I don't know who Margot is, she looks good for her age.

I am not expecting J Lo to fall apart any time soon. I just thought she was younger. She ages imperceptibly like Mariah Carey.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Add that singer, Anastacia, to the list. "I thought that was what you were supposed to do. "

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    You need to search my old posts I searcher the national birth records and her birth is registered at the appropriate time, so unless she was 14 when her birth was registered......

Sorry and all that.

CZJ has been on UK TV for yeatlrs, I think that there are a load of old photos in the same thread (mentioned above).
    Just following up on what Novice said, the UK search engine is here. FreeBMD - Search

All you need to do is put "Catherine" in the first name and "Jones" in for the last name, and then "Fair" in for the mother's surname. Jones shows up as being born in August of 1969, making her 46.

But still there is that Secret Service story......

Elite Member

She's gorgeous, who cares.

JLO has had enough PS, botox and fillers so of course she looks good for her age. She's just as fake as most of the celebs and I don't believe she deserves kudos for looking good. She DOES deserve kudos for not taking the PS too far.....yet.
    arie_skop likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information