• 1 Post By rollo
  • 2 Post By *DIVA!
  • 1 Post By Mildred Pierce

Thread: Rita Ora Claims Jay Z’s Record Label Abandoned Her, Lawsuit Reveals

Elite Member

Default Rita Ora Claims Jay Z’s Record Label Abandoned Her, Lawsuit Reveals

Rita Ora Sues Jay Z Record Label Orphaned | Radar Online

'I Feel Orphaned'

Could their rumored hookup have something to do with it?

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 @ 9:01AM

Rita Ora and JayZ

Rita Ora is done with Jay Z –– and she’s got the lawsuit to prove it.

As Radar previously reported, court documents filed in California’s Superior Court reveal that the Albanian singer, who infamously dated Rob Kardashian, wants to be released from her seven-year contract with the rapper’s Roc Nation, claiming the entertainment company has attempted to “hinder” her music career.

The 25-year-old’s main focus is that she is currently “self-funding her promotional television appearances, recording costs and video projects,” and feels that she’s been “orphaned” by Roc Nation.

If Ora loses the case, the singer could be stuck with Roc Nation through 2019. But should she win, a significant sum of damages could be paid out, though the specific amount has not been disclosed at this time.

When Ora first signed onto the label, leaving Sony behind, rumors swirled that she hooked up with her boss, Beyonce‘s husband. The “Black Widow” artist has since denied an affair.

The label’s “dysfunction” cited in Ora’s suit quite possible stems from the pair’s alleged relationship, making this a truly stick situation for Jay Z.

Of course, this isn’t the first time the legendary rapper’s company has been sued. In 2011, Volcom slammed Roc Nation with documents accusing the label of trademark infringement.

By Radar Staff

They didn't abandon her.
    They abandoned the lice.
    greysfang, Belt Up and arie_skop like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I thought Calvin Harris abandoned her and her album. This is getting complicated.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Bronze Member

Gah... What did she think would happen? She's one of many I'm sure. Idk if I'd run up against Jayz though. He's always going to be a thug to me and if I were her I'd watch my back.

It's a lose/lose situation for her regardless... I'd definitely be sleeping with one eye open if I were her.
    I've read over the years that JayZ has some questionable business practices...
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    It's a lose/lose situation for her regardless... I'd definitely be sleeping with one eye open if I were her.
    Is One Eye Open a rap producer or something?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    If he were, she'd already be on the case.
    BITTER, MsDark and SoCalMarie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Perfection!
    SoCalMarie and BITTER like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I thought Calvin Harris abandoned her and her album. This is getting complicated.

Apparently she cheated on him, and after they broke up he didn't allow her to use any the songs he produced and wrote for her.

She looks like a less attractive combination of Beyoncé and Rihanna in that picture!!

Now I'm sure she was sleeping with him. He has a type.
    Mrs P, SHELLEE, Jazzy and 2 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Apparently she cheated on him, and after they broke up he didn't allow her to use any the songs he produced and wrote for her.
    I know. It's his fault she became an X factor judge. She's not exactly hurting for money.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    She looks like a less attractive combination of Beyoncé and Rihanna in that picture!!

Now I'm sure she was sleeping with him. He has a type.
    She really does. I thought the same thing.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by dexknows View Post
    Gah... What did she think would happen? She's one of many I'm sure. Idk if I'd run up against Jayz though. He's always going to be a thug to me and if I were her I'd watch my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    I've read over the years that JayZ has some questionable business practices...
    Because there's no way in hell a former drug dealer now a legit millionaire can run his business without still being a thug? A little bit about thug drug dealers they always tend to have several encounters with law enforcement! Except for the situation with Unrivera.. He has handled his professional disagreements the legal way!
    Now as far as him having a type and fucking her... She might look like an ugly bottom basement version of Bey and Rihanna but the hoe is an untalented hoe! She was fucking a Kardashian!
    witchcurlgirl and arie_skop like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Because there's no way in hell a former drug dealer now a legit millionaire can run his business without still being a thug? A little bit about thug drug dealers they always tend to have several encounters with law enforcement! Except for the situation with Unrivera.. He has handled his professional disagreements the legal way!
    Now as far as him having a type and fucking her... She might look like an ugly bottom basement version of Bey and Rihanna but the hoe is an untalented hoe! She was fucking a Kardashian!
    I definitely did not intend for my comment to come off as "there's absolutely no way a ex-drug dealer can handle a business matter in a professional way without being “thug” (as you put it)."

As you know, there is such a thing as being "blacklisted" - if you piss off a powerful person in the business, that powerful person can influence others into not working with certain people. It's not illegal, it's not a "thug" thing to do, it's just want happens in the entertainment business.

Just like the casting couch/sleeping with a powerful person can get you some work/make a career, pissing off that powerful person can break your career. Hence my comment, for Rita to be careful/watchful/aware.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Except for the situation with Unrivera.. He has handled his professional disagreements the legal way!

Since you pointed it out, that he does have a past of retaliation, do you think that every shady or downright criminal thing (whether directly or indirectly - through hired help) he’s done is public knowledge and/or involves the law?

Just even in a general sense, do you think every shady or downright criminal act anyone, especially those in a position of “power," in the entertainment business or otherwise is shared publicly and/or involves the law?

Of course not.

Do I think JayZ is capable of handling things in a business/professional/legal manner, regardless of his past?
    Yes, of course. Lessons can be learned. People can change. He can easily throw money at the problem legally/settle with Rita, and be done with it.

Do I think JayZ is capable of doing shady business or capable of retaliation in some form (like making it extremely difficult for someone to find work in their field) for causing him some type of distress either personally or professionally?
    Yes, but, not because of his past.
    But because I think anyone that has intent to do so is capable of doing anything shady and downright wrong/criminal. Entertainment business or not. Whether they have a “history” of a certain behavior or not. People do shitty things to each other all the time for no logical, valid reason.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Bronze Member

According to The Sun paper yesterday, Rita is now blaming Rihanna for Roc Nation abandoning her. It seems all very desperate on Rita's part. Leaking stories to The Sun to try and frame herself as a victim is just silly. Especially when you look at the facts, and those facts are, Rita co existed completely fine with the more successful Rihanna at Roc Nation for years. In fact, Rita was in part created in Rihanna's image. Rita has had decent success too. The moment things took a downturn was when Rita and Calvin Harris had issues with their personal relationship. Calvin then pulled the rug from right under her, and took all his tracks back and left her with nothing. Calvin is signed to Roc nation too. He made $66 million this year alone. If Roc had to pick a side, I would guess they would side with Calvin over Rita, no contest. Rita is a coward. She is merely using Rihanna's name as a deflection. She knows darn well the issue lies with Calvin Harris.
    arie_skop likes this.

Thread Information