Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Kylie Minogue slams 'derogatory' name attached to her boyfriend

Elite Member

Default Kylie Minogue slams 'derogatory' name attached to her boyfriend

Kylie Minogue slams 'derogatory' name attached to her boyfriend

Cover Media

© Provided by Cover Media

Kylie Minogue thinks using 'toyboy' to describe her boyfriend is absolutely insulting.

The 47-year-old singer is currently dating 27-year-old actor Joshua Sasse and the star is beginning to loathe the media portrayal of their relationship, telling UK newspaper The Mirror he is far from being just a 'toyboy'.

“I think its derogatory to both of us,” she said. “I would love to nuke that word. It bounces off us because it’s not like that with us. But God, I’d love to see the back of it.”

Kylie doesn't feel the 20-year age gap makes the slightest difference in their romance and she thinks critics need to reflect on the mysterious nature of love before issuing opinions, noting: “If you stop and think of how many successful relationships are that way... It’s pot luck who you meet and you fall in love with, and they love you, and you feel like you’re life is better because you’re together... I’m very happy.”

Kylie and Joshua met in September (15) while they were filming scenes for U.S. television series Galavant. Although the Can't Get You Outta My Head singer “wouldn’t like to say” whether or not she believes he is 'The One' for her, she is certainly enjoying their time together so far.

“He’s so lovely and interesting," Kylie gushed. "It will be weird seeing our scene in Galavant back because we didn’t know then that this would happen. It’s going great. People can see that we just work together. There’s birds flying around my head all the time.”

Life is so great with Josh at the moment, she has even decided to consider him in future plans. Kylie was going to take a year off work to travel around the world on a solo trip, but now that Josh has entered the picture, the Australian musician is reevaluating whether this is something she really wants to do.

“It wasn’t that long ago that I was considering going travelling on my own," she explained. "Thankfully, I don’t have to do that. In this business you have to be so malleable. You can have the best intention to say that’s it, I’m not working for a year. But I’m so curious - I want to try all these different things. I shoot myself in the foot.

"Now I have the best reason to take some time out.”
    Sassiness likes this.

Would she rather be called a cougar?

Both names are stupid, but he will be called something because of the age difference.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I assumed she was referring to 'hipster'.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Her chin rivals Nancy Reagan's. Is that an anorexia thing?

Has she had more ps? I don't know what she expects her PR relationships to be called.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She could shiv someone with that chin.

This is what her chin used to look like.

arie_skop likes this.

She used to be so cute.

A*O

She has definitely hardened with age and anorexia + PS. She's an odd fish really. Desperate to maintain the cutesy teenager Singing Budgerigar image but wants to be taken seriously as an artiste/diva. Psssst, that annoying nasal squeak isn't "singing" Kyles. Her relationship history is pretty disastrous too which makes me suspect she's super high maintenance and a royal bitch to live with so if she can find a star struck young man to bask in her ego then good luck to them both.
    Sassiness likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

I've always heard/read the term as "boy toy"
    Alysheba, holly, NickiDrea and 1 others like this.

It's 'boy toy' in the US and 'toy boy' in the UK.

I agree that she is an odd fish. I am not sure if she is high maintenance or doesn't really want/have time for a relationship but needs a walker for pap pics. She is all about her career - always touring (that's proper touring, LeAnn.)
    tulip likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Don't know him from anything but Galavant (woohoo a few more weeks and its back) but I assumed that he was gay.

Bronze Member

There was a recent blind item that some thought sounded like Kylie. It implied that whoever this A list female foreign singer is, she is not heterosexual. Therefore there is good reason why her public relationships with men fizzle out within a couple of years, despite this woman often talking about marriage and kids.

Her man is fine.
    llamamama likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

fgg

Was Kylie Minogue’s 28 year-old fiance married when she met him?

These are photos of Kylie Minogue, 47, and her fiance, Joshua Sasse, 28, at the Brit Awards last night. Kylie was in a goofy black strapless gown with a tight corset top and a tiered tulle skirt. She paired it with a black hat and just looked ridiculous overall, but that’s far from the worse thing she’s worn. Sasse and Minogue met when she filmed a guest stint on his ABC show, Galavant, last fall. The couple announced their engagement late last week, and Kylie was seen with a gorgeous rectangle cut engagement ring featuring two lines of small diamonds surrounding a precious stone. I thought they made a nice couple apart from the somewhat questionable age difference, and at least he’s on the other side of 25. Some of you pointed out that Sasse was married when he met Kylie, though, and that he spoke of having a wife in an interview which was published just last August. He couldn’t have been referring to Kylie as his wife because he hadn’t even met her at that point.

It’s difficult to find information about Sasse, his wikipedia page is sparse and there aren’t many articles about him. However an article late last year in the Daily Mail mentions that he has a two year-old son, has been seen wearing a wedding ring and has since split with the boy’s mother. The Mail also establishes that Sasse and Minogue were first seen out together in September. Plus there’s this style interview from August in which he makes several references to his wife:

What will your next major fashion purchase be?
    Probably a warm coat from my wife. I don’t go out and buy clothes a lot. I’m very content with what I have. I’m not an avid shopper like that. I will wear something until it falls off me.

How extensive is your wardrobe?
    A little more extensive since I have been working with Brooks Brothers. My suit collection has grown a lot but not too much. My wife will say I pretty much wear the same thing every day in my life.

[From The Manual, thanks to Zapp Brannigan for the tip]

That article was published in August, Sasse was seen out with Minogue in September. The dates seem a little tight for them to have met when Sasse was broken up from his wife. I know that Kylie isn’t that big of a deal anymore, but I’m getting the whiff of a scandal here.

I did some “research” and it’s possible Sasse was single when he met Kylie. The Daily Mail mentions that he has a two year-old son with an Italian model named Francesca Cini. There are only two Francesca Cinis on Instagram and the one who fits the Daily Mail’s description seems to have a boyfriend. That one has photos with another guy dating back a year. (It’s possibly a different Francesa Cini as there were no photos of a child.) So Cini was possibly not the “wife” whom Sasse was referring to in the interview. So whom was he talking about and was he still married/attached when he met Kylie? I can’t figure that out, but the timeline is suspect.

http://www.celebitchy.com/472750/was...n_she_met_him/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information