• 4 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 2 Post By spiderpig
  • 1 Post By yanna
  • 1 Post By HWBL
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 1 Post By panic
  • 1 Post By Dorahacky
  • 1 Post By sprynkles

Thread: Oscar-Nominated Actor Robert Loggia Dies - Lengthy Battle with Alzheimers Disease

Default Oscar-Nominated Actor Robert Loggia Dies - Lengthy Battle with Alzheimers Disease

Loved this guy. I was surprised no one posted this one. RIP

Oscar-Nominated Actor Robert Loggia Dies After Lengthly Battle with Alzheimers Disease | moviepilot.com

Oscar-nominated actor Robert Loggia has died aged 85 after a five year long struggle with Alzheimers Disease.

The enduring movie and TV actor had an impressive portfolio of roles which included supporting parts in Brian De Palma’s Scarface and the smash hit comedy Big alongside Tom Hanks.

Loggia was nominated for a supporting actor Academy Award for Jagged Edge in 1986 for his portrayal of the brusque and often tactless private detective, Sam Ransom.

Other notable film credits from the versatile star include An Officer and a Gentleman, Independence Day, Prizzi's Honor and Lynch's film noir thriller, Lost Highway.

Loggia received two Emmy nominations during his lengthy career, one in 1989 for his portrayal of FBI agent Nick Mancuso in Mancuso FBI and another in 2000 for his guest star role in Malcolm in the Middle.

Loggia was a native of Staten Island, born to Sicilian immigrants. His father was a shoemaker and his mother was a homemaker, but despite these humble beginnings Loggia went on to land a lucrative football scholarship to Wagner college and moved to Missouri. He served two years in the U.S. Army before he began classes at the Actors Studio and discovered his passion for the craft.

According to his widow, Loggia adored being an actor and was always thankful for his career. She wrote:

"He loved being an actor. He used to say that he never had to work. He never had to wait tables."

Loggia is survived by his widow, Audrey O'Brien, and four children, Tracy, John, Kristina and Cynthia.
    panic likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I loved him. I always think of the scene in Lost Highway where he goes psycho on the tailgater whenever someone is tailgating me

sluce, sprynkles, Brookie and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Sluce, I wondered why this wasn't posted too. He was a great character, and everywhere until a few years ago. He also delivered one of my favorite movie closing lines in The Jagged Edge..."Fuck him. He was trash."

He'll be missed.
    panic and Bluebonnet like this.

Haven't seen this movie but this scene is a thing of beauty (some colourful language)

He was amazing.
    sluce likes this.

He sure was very productive as an actor, there were years that he seemed to be in almost every movie no matter how big or small the part, TV or big screen. R.I.P. I loved him in the episode of Frasier as the restaurant owner with the charicatures on the wall. Frasier was insulted at his depiction and had another person make a new cartoon. Turned out the elderly mom of Loggia's character was the artist of the original drawing, LOL.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

He was great in The Sopranos as Feech La Manna.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Jagged Edge was the first thing I thought of, he was great in that. Looked him up on imdb, seems he was working right up to the end. Odd if he was battling Alzheimers?

Robert Loggia - IMDb
    sluce likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

aw, rip. I didn't know he had alzheimer's. I loved him and tom hanks doing the piano keys.

his character on scarface was funny. i liked when elvira said, "Ya know, Frank, if anyone ever wanted to assassinate you, you wouldn't be too hard to find." And Frank, so jovial, says, "Assassinate me? Who the hell would want to kill me? I have nothing but friends!"

I loved jagged edge and big and other shit that i can't think of right now.
    mopar likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Rip

Rip

Great actor! So great in everything but man did I love him in Scarface.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

RIP.

sprynkles likes this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I had to send that tailgating video to my boss. He goes a little nuts too.
    Robert Loggia was awesome. He will be missed.

Brookie likes this.

Interesting this didn't get more press. He was great and had such a long career. RIP.

Thread Information