Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Victoria Beckham ‘struggling to compete with handsome David’

Elite Member

Default Victoria Beckham ‘struggling to compete with handsome David’

Victoria Beckham ‘struggling to compete with handsome David’

Cover Media
    covermg.com 3 hrs ago

(© Matthew Stockman/Getty Images) David Beckham and Victoria Beckham in the Royal Box on Centre Court before the Gentleman's Singles Final match between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic

Victoria Beckham is apparently feeling self-conscious next to husband David.

The 41-year-old pop star turned fashion designer was recently pictured with dapper David as they attended the British Fashion Awards in London. Victoria looked stunning as she posed next to her spouse, with a radiant and smooth complexion.

Spice Girls ‏@SpiceGirlsNet David and Victoria Beckham - British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Gallery via @ZigazigHaSite http://www.zigazig-ha.com/zgallery/thumbnails.php?album=10460 …
    10:47 AM - 28 Nov 2015

However, sources close to the star have claimed she is becoming increasingly worried about how the aging process is affecting her appearance.

“David’s aging so well, so Victoria’s starting to feel a little self-conscious when they’re photographed together,” a source told Britain’s new! magazine. “She’s panicking she’s going to look like a wrinkly old woman standing next to David. To understand her insecurity you have to look back to the very beginning of their relationship. In those days, everyone thought David was the lucky one. Since then the dynamic has completely shifted.”

© Provided by Cover Media

As well as her flawless complexion, Victoria is known for her slender physique, which looks incredible when clad in her latest designs. But the former Spice Girls star is said to be on the verge of having to decide which to focus on – her face or her figure.

“Victoria’s indicated in the past that the day would come when she had to choose between her figure and her face – to be either thin and wrinkly or more voluptuous with a smooth complexion,” the source added. “She’s absolutely adamant that people don’t start going on about how lucky she is to have David, so her make-up bag has taken a hammering.”

*If VB had some meat on her bones and was able to find her smile again, she would be such a knock-out.

I don't generally suggest surgery for anyone but in her shoes, I would be looking at doing something with her eyebrows. They look heavy and drag down her eyes.
    Deutsche likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I would eat about 100 sandwiches.

'I suggest eating and relaxing.
    Sassiness, Bluebonnet and sputnik like this.

I remember talking about this here a few years ago, but I'll say it again. I saw her in a video interview several years ago. Her hair was much longer and looked naturally curly/wavy and had blonde highlights in it (like it was an impromptu and casual day, you don't need to be ON every single day). She was animated and laughing and smiling. She looked beautiful and I've never been able to say that since. Try enjoying your privileged life and beautiful family instead of trying to keep up with the stick twigs in Hollywood. You'd be much prettier with a smile on your face, Victoria.

If I got to hump on that errday, you couldn't get that shit eatin' grin off my face.
    Bombshell, Serendipity and soogar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    I don't generally suggest surgery for anyone but in her shoes, I would be looking at doing something with her eyebrows. They look heavy and drag down her eyes.
    Her brows seemed to have changed suddenly. I think it's they way she pencils them in. Perhaps she should try smiling and put some color on her lip. He's had work done too, so he isn't all real either. He's had far more wrinkles, and was a major snaggle tooth.
    HWBL likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I call bullshit on that story.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Her brows seemed to have changed suddenly. I think it's they way she pencils them in.
    I think it's a bad botox job. I've heard it can bring the brow down like that if it's not done properly.
    Last edited by Ravenna; December 7th, 2015 at 08:49 AM.
    Belt Up likes this.

She seems to have super-flat eyebrows lately. I was looking at a bunch of shots from her Spice Girls days, and it is pretty striking in how many shots she is the only one not smiling.

God, I hated the Spice Girls.
    Alysheba, sputnik, Mrs P and 7 others like this.

Elite Member

She's probably concerned he'll cheat because she's aging. I have news for her, most likely, he already has.
    Sassiness and arie_skop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    and it is pretty striking in how many shots she is the only one not smiling.
    She's really self conscious (No, really? The skeletal walking advertisement for body dysmorphic disorder is self conscious? Shocking)

Way back when I was 18 I read her autobiography. She's actually quite funny and self-deprecating. But she was pretty open about struggling all through her life with self image. She has polycystic ovary syndrome, so she spent her teenage years with the shittest acne. Add to that being "chubby" (she says!) as a kid, and bad teeth.... by the time she was a young dancer auditioning for the Spice Girls, she didn't like her smile. So she didn't smile - and that became part of her Posh Spice schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    She's probably concerned he'll cheat because she's aging. I have news for her, most likely, he already has.

DB has cheated and been caught, repeatedly. Tellingly, he's always cheating with more buxom, voluptuous women - it should be a wake up call for Victoria, but it's gone right by her.

She'll be like SJP - she'll choose staying stick thin and looking like a vulture over aging gracefully with a healthy amount of meat on her bones.

Silver Member

She has the money to change her smile to whatever she wants. Jaw surgery, dental implants, the works. If Becks can fix up his teeth, so can she.

She's stuck with the looks she's got. She should be focusing on Brand Beckham and how expensive in every way it would be for David to break that up. I think she'll just have to put up with his cheating and allegedly she's had a dalliance or two herself.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information