Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Nicki Minaj Posts $100,000 Bail For Brother, After He’s Charged With Rape Of 12 y.o.

Default Nicki Minaj Posts $100,000 Bail For Brother, After He’s Charged With Rape Of 12 y.o.

It’s emerged that Nicki Minaj paid $100,000 for her brother’s bail yesterday, after he was charged with the rape of a 12- year old girl.

The case itself has been going on since April, with Jelani Miraj due to appear in court on December 9th this year. View gallery

PageSix.com viewed the court documents, with a source telling the news site that “[Nicki] was prepared to do anything for her brother”.

The bond is backed by two homes that Nicki – who’s apparently super close to her brother – owns.

Nicki is used to supporting her brother – she allegedly paid $30,000 for his wedding this year, as well as letting him live in one of her houses.
    View gallery

The pair were close as children, living with their abusive father until 1987, before moving to New York with their mother when Jelani was 10.

“Nicki’s at a loss for words at her brother’s situation,” a source told Hollywood Life. “Her heart has dropped. She loves her brother terribly and is hoping these charges will be proven false.”
    Nicki Minaj Posts $100,000 Bail For Brother, After He’s Charged With Rape Of 12 Year Old

She might as well run that money down the garbage disposal.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'd like more details about these allegations. This "article" doesn't even go into it whatsoever.
    OT - Nicki looks really pretty in both of the above pics.

i don't even like minaj but she's taking a lot of heat for this, unfairly IMO. most of us would do the same for a sibling, even if we knew they were guilty. she's not helping him flee the country and evade responsiblity, ffs, she just posted his bail so he can await trial at home instead of in jail.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't blame her either, obviously they are some horrible allegations but he hasn't been convicted. Hope posting the bond doesn't come back to bite her.

A little more detail, not much, but apparently it wasn't just a one-time thing (allegedly) And the guy just got married in August? But the alleged rapes started in April.

Reports: Nicki Minaj pays brother's bail after rape arrest

Frank Eltman, Associated Press2:05 p.m. EST December 5, 2015

MINEOLA, N.Y. — Nicki Minaj's older brother has been accused of raping a child younger than 13 several times between April and November.

Jelani Maraj, 37, of Baldwin, was arraigned Thursday in a Long Island hospital on charges of first-degree rape and first-degree sexual conduct against a child, a Nassau County court official said.

He was arrested on Tuesday but suffered an unknown medical condition that required him to be arraigned two days later at Nassau University Medical Center.

Citing court documents, the New York Post reports that Nicki paid for Jelani's $100,000 bail on Friday, using two of her houses as collateral.

Investigators wrote in court documents that the victim was younger than 13 and that Maraj raped the child several times. Some details in the court documents were blacked-out by a judge.

A spokesman for the district attorney's office declined to comment on the allegations.

Minaj, who won two American Music Awards last month for favorite artist and album-rap/hip-hop, did not immediately comment through a representative.

Minaj, who turns 33 next week, was born on Trinidad as Onika Maraj and was raised in Queens.

She attended her brother's wedding to fiancée Jacqueline Robinson in August on Long Island, according to her Instagram, which shows her, in a form-fitting red dress, hugging him and her parents.

"Jelani, I love u more than you'll ever comprehend," her post on one picture read.

"I would cross the ocean for u. I would go & bring u the moon. Promise u. For u I will. I love my brother so much man," read the post on another picture.

She expressed her love, and the pictures generated hundreds of thousands of likes, but the comments section quickly filled up with vitriol directed at her and her brother.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

Maybe this makes me a bad person but I wouldn't post bail for a sibling, parent or even my hypothetical child unless I had proof they didn't commit whatever crime they were being accused of.

I wouldn't post bail for anyone I loved that was charged with raping a 12 year old unless I knew without a doubt they didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    Maybe this makes me a bad person but I wouldn't post bail for a sibling, parent or even my hypothetical child unless I had proof they didn't commit whatever crime they were being accused of.
    People who aren't able to pay their bail are actually more likely to be convicted, regardless of whether they are guilty or innocent. Their lawyers aren't able to meet with them freely and they're less likely to know what's going on and to be able to help their own defense. They're not able to work, so they're less likely to be able to pay lawyer's fees or may lose a job that if they could have kept after their case was resolved. They're certainly not able to help with the kids, so this also puts a strain on their family. Innocent until proven guilty is a fantasy in this system. Source
    sluce, sputnik, Yolonono and 1 others like this.

I'm sure she loves her brother but she is also thinking about what looks good for her image. Helping him ... until she can't.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm not sure posting bail for a brother who is accused of raping a child helps her image.
    Beeyotch and holly like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^ Paying for his wedding, giving him a home and now this could be the last straw.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    I mean, what kind of proof are you talking about? In many rape cases the only evidence is the alleged victim's word. It's not like on tv where there's DNA. That's actually rare. Most cases period are one person's word against the other's with no physical evidence.
    Yolonono likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by taedium View Post
    maybe this makes me a bad person but i wouldn't post bail for a sibling, parent or even my hypothetical child unless i had proof they didn't commit whatever crime they were being accused of.
    this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

There's no way I'd do this. If my brother had been charged with raping a child I'd want to strangle him not pay his bail.
    Brookie, holly and Kittylady like this.

Wow. What if he is innocent and wrongfully accused? If I was wrongfully accused of a crime and my family didn't support me I'd never speak to them again. People are wrongfully arrested and charged all the time. Like, every day.
    Yolonono, Lalasnake, sluce and 4 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information