Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey rushed to hospital in New York for emergency treatment after falling ill

Elite Member

Default Mariah Carey rushed to hospital in New York for emergency treatment after falling ill

Mariah Carey rushed to hospital in New York for emergency treatment after falling ill

Mirror
    Rebecca Merriman 10 hrs ago

Mariah Carey has been hospitalized in New York after becoming ill in the early hours of today morning according to reports.

The 45-year-old is said to be suffering from a severe bout of flu and is hooked up to an IV, TMZ have claimed.

The singer was reportedly so dehydrated and ill that her team called for the emergency services after initially complaining about feeling unwell.

Mariah had been at Pier 1 in New York on Tuesday.

She's expected to be released from hospital later today.

No word yet if she'll have to cancel her Hot 97's 'Hot for the Holidays' concert in New Jersey on Saturday.

She must be feeling better as the star is already tweeting and posted a message on her account today about how festive she was feeling.

She wrote: "Went to the pier1popup party, now I'm feeling festive and ready to decorate".

If she was feeling ill, the singing legend showed no sign of it the previous night, hitting Pier 1 in a vibrant red dress.

The star, who is reportedly gearing up to spend the holidays with new boyfriend James Packer, looked sensational in the eye-catching ensemble, which she teamed with black tights and sky high heels.

A rep for Mariah Carey has been contacted regarding the story.

Celebrities are fucking pansies. I bet they get rushed to hospital for papercuts as well.
    Alysheba, idunno, OCD and 10 others like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Celebrities are fucking pansies. I bet they get rushed to hospital for papercuts as well.

A lot of the time they are, but when you get REAL flu instead of the heavy bastard of a cold most of us call flu then it really can knock seven shades of shit out of you. I'm trying to give Moo-Moo the benefit of the doubt but yeah, she's probably being a pansy.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Oh I know the flu can be really serious but just seems like celebs get rushed to hospital for every issue that us commoners would soldier on with or get some rest at home.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

So she was rushed to the hospital the night of the lighting of the tree at Rock Center - where she usually is performing but screwed up so badly last year.
    idunno and *DIVA! like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

"Flu."
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

OCD

There are a lot of common peasants that go to the ER for "flu" as well. I know plenty of moms who take their kids to the ER anytime they vomit because "they're dehydrated". I know a nurse who claims to have the "flu" regularly and gets "infusions". It's idiotic. Bunch of attention whoring ER cloggers.
    Bombshell, panic and Kittylady like this.

My theory: LeAnn Rimes sent her some poisoned cookies. Like last year, she is determined to take over Mariah's spot at Rock Center!

Jingle, jangle, bitches!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I didn't know what the flipping hell I had or what my name was when I had flu
    holly, Novice and effie2 like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Silver Member

That huge flu pandemic after WW1 killed millions. Granted, it was in the darker ages of medicine, but it can really take a person down. Hope I never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Jingle, jangle, bitches!
    That is signature line worthy!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I didn't know what the flipping hell I had or what my name was when I had flu

Me either!
    I literally couldn't walk to the bathroom I was so weak. I slept 24 hours a day except to crawl to the bathroom & crawl back in bed. At the time I weighed 107 lbs & after a week of the flu, I weighed 95 lbs. It was unreal.

I remember about three days deep desperately needing a shower but I didn't have the energy so I ran a bath so I could just lie there. Bad idea. Had no energy to dry my hair so ended up sleeping with a towel on my pillow. Probably not conducive to getting healthy quickly!
    Kittylady likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Yes, the flu can screw you up big time, especially if it moves into your lungs. And I am only 11 years away from requiring the heavy-duty, saves-you-from-flu-death-in-your-old-age vac. *hobbling away on my cane*
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

A*O

Mariah's been on the Co$bot coolaid again.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information