Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Sting's daughter, Eliot Sumner: Everyone knew I was gay

Elite Member

Default Sting's daughter, Eliot Sumner: Everyone knew I was gay

Sting's daughter: Everyone knew I was gay

Sting's daughter: Everyone knew I was gay

Press Association
    Lorna Cooper 5 hrs ago

Sting's daughter Eliot Sumner has said she did not come out to her friends and family because they "always knew".

Speaking about her sexuality for the first time to ES magazine, Sumner revealed her two-year relationship with Austrian model Lucie Von Alten.

"No one had ever asked," she said when questioned about coming out.

"They knew already," she added. "So I didn't need to. I've never come out to anyone. My friends always knew and I always knew".

(© Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images) The 25-year-old, also known as Coco, is the third of Sting and Trudie Styler's four children.

The 25-year-old, also known as Coco, is the third of Sting and Trudie Styler's four children.

Sumner attended a private school in Dorset before moving to London to study at the Fine Arts College in Belsize Park.

She has followed in her famous father's footsteps and is a singer-songwriter.

First album The Constant, released under the band name of I Blame Coco, debuted in 2010.

Information, the second album, is due out next month.

A couple of songs on the upcoming release are about Sumner's girlfriend. The couple live together in London's Belgravia.

The Italian-born singer defines herself as a "musician" and does not identify with a particular gender.

"I don't believe in any specifications," she told ES magazine.

"I think forever I was trying to figure out maybe ... what I am. But I don't think anyone should feel pressured to have any kind of label or tag on them.

She added: "We're all human beings."

Her voice has been compared to her father's, most notably on 2011 single Self Machine.

"Sounds at times uncannily like Sting," a reviewer for The Independent wrote.

It is something, she says, that has developed over time.

"I can't really control what I sound like," Sumner stated.

However, she is aware of the challenges children of established stars face.

"I think I'll always be in the shadow of my parents," she said.

"But that's OK. Everyone has a challenge. If I'm proud of the music I am making, that's all I can ask for. If I put it out into the world, it's not up to me anymore."
    panic likes this.

She looks a lot like her father, too.
    Alysheba and snoopqueen like this.

I like her voice and it's not like her father's. Actually, more masculine, I think.

Elite Member

She looks just like her father.
    Alysheba likes this.

^before Sting's nose job.
    Briar Rose and tulip like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Now this is a celeb offspring I wouldn't mind seeing modeling. She has a very interesting face.
    lindsaywhit, twitchy2.0 and panic like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She reminds me of one of those Phoenix sister wives.
    witchcurlgirl and holly like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't think anyone should have to *come out*. No one expects straight people to announce their sexual preferences to the world. Just live your life and be who you are.
    Catty, KrisNine, sparkles and 14 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I don't think anyone should have to *come out*. No one expects straight people to announce their sexual preferences to the world. Just live your life and be who you are.

I'm so in love with this manner of thinking because I am so sick and tired of the whole hoopla surrounding "Oh! did you hear he or she came out? or this person is gay or this person is lesbian. This person hooked up with so and so" blah blah blah. and blah............................who cares?!!!!
    I sure the hell don't All I care about is are you bitch/asshole or not
    Froogy and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I agree, yet on the other hand I have something against people (regardless of their sexual preference or identification) who are extremely in your face as if they really want to provoke hostile reactions.

I once was at a busstop with a gay guy about my age. He was in a heated discussion (well, really a monologue) with an elderly lady, who was also at the busstop, when I arrived. He had a huge pink and blue mohawk, about a dozen earrings in each ear, was wearing a t-shirt with an explicit print of a gay sexual act and a big pink triangle pin just above his heart.
    Of course the discussion was about how gays should be treated equally and they were people too etc. but quite aggressive and the old lady didn't seem to me to be the type who would have done something to deserve such a loud lecture.
    After he finished his rant (which by then had turned quite repetitive) he turned to me and asked me if I agreed. I just told him that if he didn't want to be treated aggressively or differently he shouldn't make himself stand out the way he did. He then said employers discriminated gays because he had been turned down so many times for a job at which point I said I didn't know what type of employment he was seeking but that I hoped he wasn't wearing his job interview outfit.
    firebrat1229 and sluce like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The Italian-born singer defines herself as a "musician" and does not identify with a particular gender.

Syd, panic, Bellatheball and 1 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I don't care who she sleeps with but she should really invest in a brush.
    sparkles and holly like this.

She cleans up real nice in her videos (the coco ones)

she does have a cool face.
    of sting's kids, the only one i'm familiar with is mickey sumner. she was great as sophie in 'frances ha'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Wonder if she's named for T. S. Eliot.
    She has a really interesting face, kinda reminds me of a more masculine Lake Bell.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information