Thread: Fox News Katherine Timpf gets death threats for Star Wars "joke"

Default Fox News Katherine Timpf gets death threats for Star Wars "joke"

ox News Contributor Gets Death Threats After 'Star Wars' Joke
    Katherine Timpf
    Katherine Timpf
    YouTube/Fox News
    by Ryan Parker
    11/24/2015 7:40pm PST
    "A lot of people are clearly a lot of upset. But guess what? I’m not apologizing."

Fox News contributor Katherine Timpf is getting death threats for a jab at Star Wars she made during a segment on Red Eye w/ Tom Shillue last month.

As a guest on the satirical political news comedy show that airs at 3 a.m. on Fox News Channel, Timpf said: "I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now. You people are crazy. You Star Wars people are crazy. Yesterday I tweeted something, and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive -- people threatened my life.”

Monday, Timpf, also a writer for the National Review, shared some of the threats along with a piece she penned about the abuse she's been receiving.

"A lot of people are clearly a lot of upset. But guess what? I’m not apologizing. Why? Because the all-too-common knee-jerk reaction of apologizing for harmless jokes after overblown hysteria is ruining our culture. This political-correctness obsession threatens free speech, and I absolutely refuse to be a part of it," she wrote in Monday's piece. "Obviously, the totally insane whackjobs who have been attacking me don’t represent most Star Wars fans. But the fact that so many adults have responded with so much unhinged emotion astounds me."

A request for comment from Fox News was not immediately returned.

Fox News Contributor Gets Death Threats After 'Star Wars' Joke - Hollywood Reporter

Screenshots of Twitter conversation at the link.

(Basically someone tweets her that 8pm blahblahblah die & she replies nice to give a time; someone else chips in is that a thing? & she says "ask me at 8.01".
    Considering how horrible fox news is she quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive
    LOL what?
    Is it a step up from being a star wars nerd!? Busy being attractive? Pfff. That's another meaningful hobby.

The die comment(s) are over the top though.

I've never seen a Star Wars either and I'm big into scifi, just not Star Wars.
    Fly_On_TheWall and joebob like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Why couldn't she insult the Twihards or the Hunger Games fanatics???
    Alysheba likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

I hear the Star Wars theme and I want to murder kittens. I detest Star Wars... but I love kittens.
    BITTER likes this.

William Shatner said it best.

& if we Trekkies can take it than the Star Wars fans can grow up!

I'm against all movie franchises and the fantards who obsess over them. I mean, there were women at film premieres with their daughters for Twilight wearing "Mrs. Robert Pattinson" t-shirts. WTF? And I'm not loving the resentment towards the producers for hiring actors of color for certain parts - Star Wars is no exception. Folks are mad that Michael P. Jordan has been cast.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I've never seen a Star Wars either and I'm big into scifi, just not Star Wars.
    Then you must die.
    Trixie and yanna like this.

When I was a kid, there were exactly two movies in the US that everyone seemed to go out of their way to see in the movie theater at least twice - and maybe three times: Jaws and Star Wars. I wasn't particularly a Star Wars fan, but I remember seeing it in the theater for the first time, and my mouth was literally hanging open seeing completely unprecedented special effects.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Why couldn't she insult the Twihards or the Hunger Games fanatics???

Are the Twihards still about? I haven't come across any for quite a while now. Surely they can't still be locked in their darkened bedrooms, rocking backward and forwards while hugging RPatz pillows and chanting "It's not real... It's not real.... Robsten ARE unbroken! It's not real...."
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Are the Twihards still about? I haven't come across any for quite a while now. Surely they can't still be locked in their darkened bedrooms, rocking backward and forwards while hugging RPatz pillows and chanting "It's not real... It's not real.... Robsten ARE unbroken! It's not real...."
    The scars remain, and RPat and KStw have admirers still...and there is lots of atrocious fanfic all over the internet.
    Kittylady likes this.

As a guest on the satirical political news comedy show that airs at 3 a.m. on Fox News Channel
    isn't every political news show on fox news comedy?

I'm against all movie franchises and the fantards who obsess over them. I mean, there were women at film premieres with their daughters for Twilight wearing "Mrs. Robert Pattinson" t-shirts. WTF? And I'm not loving the resentment towards the producers for hiring actors of color for certain parts - Star Wars is no exception. Folks are mad that Michael P. Jordan has been cast.
    i agree about the second part, but the first part - you can't really compare the "twilight" franchise with "stars wars" (or even "hunger games"), though, because it actually has a decent intelligent storyline and meaning. the characters actually stand for something. what does sparkly edward stand for? i'd definitely take a SW-nerd over a hysterical twitard-mom ANY DAY.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Katherine Timpf, like the typical FoxNews host, doesn't seem to get irony and that she kind of looks like the kind of cute nerd who goes to Star Wars conventions:

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i agree about the second part, but the first part - you can't really compare the "twilight" franchise with "stars wars" (or even "hunger games"), though, because it actually has a decent intelligent storyline and meaning. the characters actually stand for something. what does sparkly edward stand for? i'd definitely take a SW-nerd over a hysterical twitard-mom ANY DAY.
    Well, let me clarify - the fantards reaction to the franchises. If you have to stalk people and come to blows over a movie loaded with actors who could really care less who you are because someone doesn't like the movie and you do...it is time to stop going to the movies. But you have a good point about Star Wars being more intelligently made. I haven't seen THG movies so I can't comment.
    stef likes this.

Seriously? That is some bullshit right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Katherine Timpf, like the typical FoxNews host, doesn't seem to get irony and that she kind of looks like the kind of cute nerd who goes to Star Wars conventions:

Not normally one to stick up for Fox News but she was pretty funny.
    I'm guessing she was taking the piss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information