Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Johnny Depp: I am an outsider

Elite Member

Default Johnny Depp: I am an outsider

Johnny Depp: I am an outsider

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/johnny-depp-i-am-an-outsider/ar-BBngXy3?ocid=

Cover Media
    1 day ago

© Grant Pollard/Invision/AP Johnny Depp views himself as a social "outsider", despite being one of the most famous actors in the world.

Johnny Depp views himself as a social "outsider", despite being one of the most famous actors in the world.

The 52 year old has been an A-list celebrity for over 30 years, having landed a role in classic 1984 horror flick A Nightmare on Elm Street before his fame grew even larger after starring in Tim Burton's 1990 film Edward Scissorhands.

Even though the Pirates of the Caribbean star has one of the most recognized faces in the world, he still considers himself an outcast in many ways.

“I think I will always see myself as an outsider,” he told UK newspaper The Mirror. “I also have a need to feel I’ve protected my individuality and identity as an actor.

“During the years I’ve been playing Captain Jack I’ve been drawn to his irreverence and desire to run against the current.

"That’s part of my rebellious side.”

Johnny is already receiving Oscar buzz for his role as real-life Boston mobster Whitey Bugler in Black Mass.

Although Whitey orchestrated the murders of many people, Johnny doesn't view him as a monster because he thinks every human being possesses a dark side.

"I found the evil in myself a long time ago," he shared. "I accept it, we are old friends.

“With Bulger, whatever they’ve done in their life, good, bad, they’re still human at the end of the day.”

In Black Mass there is a scene where Whitey tells his children to protect themselves by beating up other kids.

Johnny thinks most people are exposed to violence at an early age and he is not phased by the idea of parents advising offspring to guard themselves with their fists.

“I didn’t find it at all strange, that advice," Johnny said. "I remember when I was a kid, maybe six years old, and there was some little horror at school who was needling me.

"I think I told my mum and she said to me, ‘Alright, here’s the deal. The next time anybody puts their hands on you, pick up a brick and lay them out’.

"And I’ve taken that advice ever since. So it worked for me, and if somebody tried to bully my kid, if they didn’t destroy the little booger, I would.”

Maybe he wouldn't be such an outsider if he showered every once in a while.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Well, duh!

So dark, so evil.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Elite Member

I actually don't think he's that much of an outsider. He tries way to hard to project that image. Anyone who has to talk about it in order to get confirmation of it usually isn't really that way. That make sense?

I use to like him...not so much anymore.

^^^ditto
    mostlylurking likes this.

Me as well. I can't even exactly pinpoint why.
    Gossip Junkie likes this.

He's carefully crafted this image over the last 20 years or so, but for those of us who remember him early on, he was your typical late 80's-early 90's partying, clubbing, dating and being photographed with hot chicks celeb.

I think River Phoenix' death outside that club Johnny owned was the catalyst.
    tulip, Brah, Gossip Junkie and 1 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

How can you be an outsider in an industry where you're one the highest paid members?
    Air Quotes, yanna and Jazzy like this.

Well, he used to at least appear like somewhat of an outsider... whatever that means.

Now he's just another paunchy middle-aged alcoholic with an embarrassing trophy wife.
    spiderpig, Mrs P, idunno and 15 others like this.

Exactly. He's a cliche.
    idunno, holly, Lalasnake and 2 others like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

So I think my main Hollywood crush was Val Kilmer. Top Gun and yum yum Doc Holiday in Tombstone. Then he went to shit fast. I feel like Johnny is following his path of being a bloated man in desperate need of a bath.

I don't consider Val Kilmer a sell out or a cliche. He just got fat. And doesn't he have health problems?
    Novice and Honeythorn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I don't consider Val Kilmer a sell out or a cliche. He just got fat. And doesn't he have health problems?
    Agreed. Rumor is that he has a health issue, possible throat tumor. He's always wearing a scarf. He's a Christian Scientist, so again rumors, that he won't seek proper medial help.

Another religious dumbass. What a waste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information