Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Brah

Thread: Model Scares Off Thousands Of Followers

Default Model Scares Off Thousands Of Followers

Model Scares Off Thousands Of Followers With 'Real' Photos

Things got real.

Cavan Sieczkowski Senior Editor, News & Analytics, The Huffington Post

Posted: 11/19/2015 03:51 PM EST | Edited: 11/19/2015 06:01 PM EST

Apparently, this one woman's Instagram followers didn't like it when she decided to stop being polite and started to get real.
    Stina Sanders is a model living in London who has posed for publications like Maxim and FHM. Her Instagram feed is filled with photos of her on shoots and in tropical locations.

[photos at source: Model Scares Off Thousands Of Followers With 'Real' Photos ]

But recently, after reading the story of teen model Essena O'Neill, who quit Instagram because of the falsities it promoted, Sanders decided to change the photos she posted on her own account. Instead of sharing glammed up shots, she posted photos of her facial hair treatment, colonic, chipped nail polish and therapy session.

She wound up losing thousands of followers, going from over 13,000 to under 10,000, according to People magazine. But the photos elicited support and likes from other women.
    “To see a photo of my bowel movements and not me in a bikini must have annoyed a lot of them," Sanders told Tab magazine. “It’s that kind of ‘I didn’t sign up for this’ attitude. Perhaps sharing my real life was too much for them. It’s interesting to see that real life is not to everyone’s taste. Perhaps Instagram is an escapism from reality. I see so many women comparing themselves to other people’s images, whether that’s the girl down the road or a Victoria Secret’s model. It’s just silly. No one is perfect."
    While she is willing to be unedited on social media, Sanders said she understands why people liked a more curated version of herself.
    "People don’t want to see reality because they see that every day," she told The Huffington Post in an email on Thursday. "Plus people want inspiration. It's only human to look at others and want the same, if not better."
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

It's a new way to get attention and broadcast insipid parts of your life, but now you get to be sanctimonious.
    Slushie, idunno and Belt Up like this.

"To see a photo of my bowel movements and not me in a bikini must have annoyed a lot of them,"
    Yeah, imagine the nerve of those people. Haven't they ever seen Sports Illustrated's bowel-movement issue?

Thread Information