Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By joebob
  • 2 Post By Novice

Thread: Chris Hemsworth supports equal pay

Elite Member

Default Chris Hemsworth supports equal pay

Chris Hemsworth supports equal pay

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/chris-hemsworth-supports-equal-pay/ar-BBn8A1N?ocid=

AAP
    Brianna Parkins 1 day ago

Australian Hollywood star Chris Hemsworth says he would make his pay transparent to female co-stars to ensure equality.

Speaking on the black carpet at the Sydney charity screening of his latest film In the Heart of the Sea, Hemsworth told AAP he supported Jennifer Lawrence's quest for pay equality in Hollywood.

"You are paid by your merit and skill set," Hemsworth said. "There is a change occurring that's positive and exciting and I'm all for it."

During the Sony email hacks it was revealed female stars earn significantly less than their male counterparts, resulting in Lawrence writing an essay on Hollywood pay inequality for Lena Dunham's online newsletter, Lenny.

( Brendon Thorne/Getty Images) Thor star Chris Hemsworth says he would make his pay cheque transparent to female co-stars.

Lawrence said in the past she caved on pay negotiations to avoid looking "difficult" or "spoilt" but regretted it after the Sony email leak revealed her male co-stars commanded much more cash.

".. I saw the payroll on the Internet and realized every man I was working with definitely didn't worry about being difficult or spoiled," she wrote.

"[a] leaked Sony email revealed a producer referring to a fellow lead actress in a negotiation as a spoiled brat. For some reason, I just cant picture someone saying that about a man," Lawrence said.

Hemsworth said he wasn't sure how much male stars could do to help but he would be willing to disclose his salary to female co-stars.

"I wouldn't make my pay public but I'd make it transparent to female [co stars]," he said.

Elite Member

Chris Hemsworth fell 'more in love' with wife after having kids

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/chris-hemsworth-fell-more-in-love-with-wife-after-having-kids/ar-BBmVtbq

Bang Showbiz
    6 days ago

( Getty Images/Kevin Winter) Chris Hemsworth fell 'more in love' with wife after having kids.

Chris Hemsworth fell "more in love" with his wife after she became a mother to his children.

The 32-year-old actor married Elsa Pataky, 39, in 2010 after meeting her earlier that year but he has admitted the connection they had deepened after they welcomed their daughter India, three, and 18-month-old twins Sasha and Tristan into the world.

Speaking to Australia's Who magazine, he said: "Once we had kids we were like, 'We're in it, this is it.' All of a sudden I had a greater appreciation for my wife, she kind of came into her own when we had kids.

"Watching her be a mother made me fall even more in love with her. She certainly keeps me sane. I complain about things, she gets on with it."

Meanwhile, the couple - who used to reside in Los Angeles - recently ditched their lives in the US in favor of Chris' native Australia because he felt he was "suffocating."

The 'Thor' star previously explained: "We've been back for four or five months and it's amazing. Being in LA - and I can't complain about the place because it's given me so much - you're constantly reminded about the industry, every step you take down the street. There are billboards of films you're not in or want to be in or ones that you are in, everyone you know talks about the business and it's suffocating.

"Being back here this time, I really noticed the difference. You feel like a human being again."

I never cared about him much (he is a bit too "vanilla", ie: very standard "hollywood-handsome"), but he actually seems very nice.

Elite Member

It should only be equal to your role. If someone has a supporting role, it shouldn't be equal to the stars salary.

Life isn't fair, and you can't have everything you want.
    Sassiness likes this.

Funny how we have a thread about a vanilla part-talented actor suppirtibg equal pay but not all the actresses that have spoke out in its support.
    witchcurlgirl and Sassiness like this.

Thread Information