• 4 Post By BITTER
  • 4 Post By faithanne
  • 4 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman

Thread: George Clooney visits Social Bite cafe to help homeless

Elite Member

Default George Clooney visits Social Bite cafe to help homeless

George Clooney visits Social Bite cafe to help homeless

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/george-clooney-visits-social-bite-cafe-to-help-homeless/ar-BBmWpqt?ocid=

BANG Showbiz
    1 day ago

George Clooney visited Edinburgh cafe Social Bite today where he'd paid for homeless people's lunches.

The Hollywood icon and humanitarian made a trip to the Scottish capital to the enterprise which employs and feeds local people who have experienced homelessness and left a generous tip of almost $1,000 for the staff.

The Tomorrowland star spent his time posing with the shop workers, who he'd pre-paid a donation for them to get a meal, a service which is run by the business.

Social Bite co-founder Josh Littlejohn commented: "George is an incredible guy, someone who has achieved real global fame but thinks nothing of visiting a local sandwich shop to chat to the workers and discuss the issue of homelessness.

( Bang Showbiz) George Clooney at the Social Bite cafe Edinburgh.

"He was delighted to spend time with some of our formerly homeless staff and hear the stories of how they have transformed their lives through full-time work. The fact that he not only sampled the food himself, but also pre-paid meals for homeless people to claim later made it extra special."

A Social Bite staff member, Sonny Murray, who benefited from Clooney's donation, said: "George genuinely seems like a great guy and it was a really special moment when he came into Social Bite to see what it is all about."

Social Bite hopes to compete with major chains such as Starbucks and Costa, while remaining a charitable project.

I used to like him. Then he got all anally political and married that emaciated barrister. I'm for helping the homeless or mentally ill, but something about him doesn't seem genuine.
    idunno, Alysheba, BITTER and 3 others like this.

Elite Member

I've never liked him or understood his appeal to women. He's ordinary.

Good for him for doing this, though. He didn't have to.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Doesn't look like himself.

I love the look on the face of the man behind him. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I used to like him. Then he got all anally political and married that emaciated barrister. I'm for helping the homeless or mentally ill, but something about him doesn't seem genuine.
    That's exactly what I think to Mrs. P. Actions like this reek of being self-serving.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I used to like him. Then he got all anally political and married that emaciated barrister.
    Excellent

Yeah - he hasn't been the same since Amal. But (I feel like Forest Gump always running into famous people), Mr. Pig and I were at a Hawaiian resort where George had stayed while filming The Descendants. The staff said how great and humble he was, and they adored his parents. I never saw him since he would go thru the service entrance to get into his SUV to trot off to the set.

Love George. Don't trust Amal.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

^^Thank you. ^^^ If you are going to do good, do it quietly, so as to not boast.
    BITTER and idunno like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

He was pompous before Amal. When Princess Diana died, he got on his soapbox about the paparazzi like Don Quixote fighting windmills. He sounded so pompous and victimy, like the paps had ruined his life and violated his privacy. Never mind that a lot of his pics are staged.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    ^^Thank you. ^^^ If you are going to do good, do it quietly, so as to not boast.
    OR you can use your fame to draw attention to a worthy cause.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    He was pompous before Amal. When Princess Diana died, he got on his soapbox about the paparazzi like Don Quixote fighting windmills. He sounded so pompous and victimy, like the paps had ruined his life and violated his privacy. Never mind that a lot of his pics are staged.
    Perhaps he had a lot to be private about.
    RobbieLee, BITTER, LaFolie and 1 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Clooney has done more positive things for society than a lot of other celebrities. I like the guy. He hasn't aged well but back in the day he was a gorgeous George. My ex worked with in on From Dusk til Dawn said he was very down to earth...loads of fun on the set. Clooney bought about 10 of those large water guns sat on top of his trailer and would shoot people as they walked by, got a gang of people to do the same thing. Though this was early on in his career it was after his ER fame. I've heard of other stunts he has done to people in the name of fun, never a dull moment with George around,.
    spiderpig likes this.

Thread Information