Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HWBL

Thread: Alan Arkin hospitalized after 'mini stroke'

Elite Member

Default Alan Arkin hospitalized after 'mini stroke'

Alan Arkin hospitalized after 'mini stroke'

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/alan-arkin-hospitalized-after-mini-stroke/ar-BBmYFLA?ocid=

Wonderwall
    Mark Gray 3 hrs ago

(© Victoria Will/Invision/AP) Alan Arkin

Alan Arkin was hospitalised this week after suffering a stroke.

According to TMZ, who broke the news, Alan suffered the stroke on Nov. 9 and has since been released from the hospital. Sources close to him said he suffered a "mini stroke."

The legendary actor has starred in many of Hollywood's biggest films, including "Little Miss Sunshine," "Argo," "Grosse Pointe Blank," "Edward Scissorhands" and "Million Dollar Arm." His latest movie, "Love The Coopers," premiered in Los Angeles on Nov. 12, but Alan did not attend the event.

The website reports that doctors conducted a series of tests at the hospital and they apparently showed no significant damage.

The 81-year-old actor takes pride in living a healthy lifestyle and just last year he told Naturally Savvy that he's been trying to eliminate stress from his life, no matter how difficult it is.

"Recently, I've been doing some research, talking to people and reading up about this new equation that seems to be running across all of not only Western medicine, but Eastern medicine. No matter how orthodox or ‘far-out’ the doctor is, they all seem to be making this same equation which fascinates me: stress causes inflammation which is the root of most of our sickness.

He said that despite eat well and exercising, "it seems to me that the major part of the equation for hanging on to our sanity and our well-being is to try to find ways of keeping ourselves as stress-free as possible - which in this civilization right now is very, very hard to do."

No, not Alan Arkin. I love this guy. Hope he continues to do better.

What's the difference between a stroke and a mini stroke? I'm too lazy right now to wiki it.

He probably had a RIND (Reversible Ischemic Neurological Deficit). My dad had one too at age 91 and was pretty much back to normal after 2 days.
    Mrs P likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    He probably had a RIND (Reversible Ischemic Neurological Deficit). My dad had one too at age 91 and was pretty much back to normal after 2 days.
    Lucky. The two family members of mine never recovered from their stroke and ended up passing.

We watch Walking Dead, Evil Dead, etc...but there was nothing more terrifying than Alan Arkin leaping out at Audrey Hepburn in Wait Until Dark.

Get well, Alan.

Elite Member

He's 81? I didn't realize he was that old.

Hope he's OK.

The recovery from a mini stroke can be quite easy, however, I also think you are more susceptible to having a major stroke event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Lucky. The two family members of mine never recovered from their stroke and ended up passing.
    My dad happened to have a low blood volume which protected him from having an all out stroke. He'd get a blood transfusion every 4 months or so, since he was 90. Then their family doctor wondered why his blood volume would go down after af few months when he had no other health issues and she prescribed a multivitamine and it worked. His old age caused some of his functions to decrease, so his system wasn't able to keep his blood volume up. He never needed another transfusion thanks to a little pill. But luckily for him, he got the stroke at the end of the transfusion cycle, so his blood volume was running low again, so he only had a RIND.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    We watch Walking Dead, Evil Dead, etc...but there was nothing more terrifying than Alan Arkin leaping out at Audrey Hepburn in Wait Until Dark.

Get well, Alan.
    Love this movie and him.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I just saw "Love The Coopers" last night, not realizing he was in it (I've seen him in lots of things, but never really knew a name to put to his face). He was amazing, pretty much the best character in the large ensemble cast. I was literally shocked at how much this movie got me, laughs and tears. And genuine awwwwws. This movie was like 3rd or 4th on our list, and only was chosen because of its showtime, so really a good surprise.

I love Alan's son Adam too. The Doctor never fails to choke me up where

**spoiler**

egotistical surgeon William Hurt, who'd always ridiculed Adam Arkin because he'd talk affectionately to his patients during surgery, gets a gloomy cancer diagnosis and wants Adam Arkin as his surgeon. Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...

Thread Information